Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Sun View Post
More, but imo still are not worth paying special attention to them. If i found useful artifact - it's good; if i didn't - i didn't really care (this was on hard difficulty. didn't play impossible).
I was asking about "impossible". I already know that "hard" is quite easy.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I was asking about "impossible". ....
They are not vital even in impossible, but absolutely without artifacts it is difficult to play (your looses will be high). But it all depends on playstyle, artifacts gives about 30-40% of stats improvements average.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Ok. Some translation from fan guide about artifacts with morale:

there are not all items with morale, i just dont have time today anymore (sorry ). Items with no parameter "Starting morale" means it is 50.

Info contains spoilers, so read that if you want to read (wrote in white)

P.S. Any help about translating is welcome. If you found mistakes in translation then let me know.

P.P.S. That guide is excellent. Thanks to authors

"Snake ring": +1 int.
Starting morale: 50
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 5 if there is snakes in enemy army
When morale reaches 100 ring turns to "Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison damage to all snakes

"Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 10 if there is snakes in enemy army

"Treatise of tactics" +10% exp (part of "general set")
never increases morale
decreasing by 3 if you have less than 5 might runes

"Steam armor" +30% attack +30% defense (calculating from base value) -1 speed
never increases morale
decreasing by 5 after every fight

"Wizard mantle" +20 mana +30% magic resistance (gives absolute resistance resistance (not 30% from base resistance))
Increasing by 6 for 6 magic crystals
Decreasing by -CkassK*IntK where
ClassK=1 (mage), 2 (paladin), 3 (warrior)
IntK = 3 (intellect<10), 2 (intellect<20), 1 (intellect>=20)

"Ogre club" +4 attack, +20% attack for ogres and giants
Starting morale=45
never increases morale
Decreasing by 2 after every fight

"Sword of balance" +5 attack (at morale 100 upgrades to "Sword of light", at morale 0 upgrades to "sword of darkness")
Starting morale=50
Increasing by 5 if there was undead or demons in enemy army
Decreasing by 5 if there was humans or elves in enemy army

Last edited by Shd; 10-02-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: found an error
Old 10-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

The key is to use your morale items wisely and sparingly. For example I have Mantle of Wizardry. Gives +30% resistance to magic and spell damage and +20 mana. However it loses morale when killing humans and if your not a mage. Im a mage so thats not a problem, but for example when I went to islands of freedom, most of the fights there are versus human pirates and none of them except bosses even cast spells. Rather than leaving the armor on I swapped it with a non-living (non-moral) cloak that gives +3 INT. The spell resistance was useless vs pirates anyways they didnt tend to cast fireballs on me if u know what i mean. I put the cloak on for bosses, but even the bosses mostly used order and distortion spells like haste mostly so In hindsight i should have saved the moral and left on the cloak of +3 INT. The +20 mana was nice but its not worth having to supress the item over and over and besides +3 INT is nice too so I do fine. When used correctly though vs a hero that throws a lot of fireballs on your army this mantle was invaluable and should be equipped no matter if u lose a little moral or not.

Basically you should have a basic set of general purpose non living items that give decent bonuses for u to where most of the time. And then when a tough boss fight or hero fight approaches u can put on your good stuff and choose wisely to counter what they use. Also as long as your not losing moral feel free to wear the best stuff whenever possible. Just be smart about it. Dont wear wizards mantle when your not fighting wizards and killing pirates. Dont wear a snake ring when your killing tons of snakes in the swamps. Choose your gear based on the region your fighting in.

Hope that helps you guys.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I was using Archmage's Staff, as a mage, for a while, and it had 70 morale or something (it's default).

When I entered the land of the dead, I noticed it had 0 morale somehow. So I suppressed it back to 100, and it hasn't changed yet, and i've done land of dead mehgard and demon portal.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Man, that's too bad about the Mantle of Wizardry. I was so happy to have upgraded it all the way, but now it rebels every 4-5 battles. That sucks. I should have just left it at its second level. I think it's a lot of savegames ago, but maybe I'll go back.

It looks like there's no way to increase morale. It just goes down?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlord_James View Post
The key is to use your morale items wisely and sparingly. For example I have Mantle of Wizardry. Gives +30% resistance to magic and spell damage and +20 mana. However it loses morale when killing humans and if your not a mage. Im a mage so thats not a problem, but for example when I went to islands of freedom, most of the fights there are versus human pirates and none of them except bosses even cast spells. Rather than leaving the armor on I swapped it with a non-living (non-moral) cloak that gives +3 INT. The spell resistance was useless vs pirates anyways they didnt tend to cast fireballs on me if u know what i mean. I put the cloak on for bosses, but even the bosses mostly used order and distortion spells like haste mostly so In hindsight i should have saved the moral and left on the cloak of +3 INT. The +20 mana was nice but its not worth having to supress the item over and over and besides +3 INT is nice too so I do fine. When used correctly though vs a hero that throws a lot of fireballs on your army this mantle was invaluable and should be equipped no matter if u lose a little moral or not.

Basically you should have a basic set of general purpose non living items that give decent bonuses for u to where most of the time. And then when a tough boss fight or hero fight approaches u can put on your good stuff and choose wisely to counter what they use. Also as long as your not losing moral feel free to wear the best stuff whenever possible. Just be smart about it. Dont wear wizards mantle when your not fighting wizards and killing pirates. Dont wear a snake ring when your killing tons of snakes in the swamps. Choose your gear based on the region your fighting in.

Hope that helps you guys.
On the other hand, for a Mage with Intellect over 20, the Mantle only decreases morale by 1 after every fight. Since you need to be of a middle level (around 15) anyway to have upgraded the mantle from the first two stages, supressing it after 45 battles won't be a problem.

Supressing items is a great thing for getting gold and experience too. I do it often - when I see an upgradable item for sale that I already have, I buy them and fight the keepers to upgrade and sell it. Also I'm constantly fighting against the Tactics Treatize, it's not a hard battle (you can kill the Gremlin towers with a Level III. Geyser and then shoot down the slowed Knights), it's good XP.

Only thing I don't like about Keeper battles is that apparently, they do not count as regular battles for items that need X victories to upgrade.