Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Default Will CoD Map have a Memory?

The thought occurred to me that it would be a great feature if the CoD map had a memory. What I mean by this is that if a plane crashes in position 'x' or some other event happens that has a visible impact on the ground/ground objects in some way, it would be great if it was still there the next time you played - within reason.

e.g. a train is bombed/derailed. You log off, and then play again 3 days later. The train (or parts of it) are still there because there just hasn't been time to remove it. Or as you make your final approach to your home field, you are reminded of poor old Johny who 'went in' a few days ago, as his wreckage is still there just short of the runway for a few days. Certain elements could be set with certain/random time factors for repair/removal.

This would greatly enhance the real world feel of the virtual environment, IMHO. Naturally, not for the initial release!!

PPanPan
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

That would be a likely side-effect of having a Dynamic Campaign. So, if indeed there are plans for a dynamic campaign addon, you might see this sort of thing eventually.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

This has been the Holy Grail since ZX Spectrum and Fighter Pilot

I'm also interested in seeing how building damage in cities will be visible in the release campaign. Would be rather silly if the player saw major landmarks seriously damaged, but magically repaired by the next mission over same area. Ofcourse, the campaign may avoid this problem by visiting such areas only once. Features like this have been quite rare so far in sims, but maybe it's time for things to change...
Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbalaappa View Post
This has been the Holy Grail since ZX Spectrum and Fighter Pilot
Ahh, I remember it well. I think it was by Digital Integration and was endorsed by Chuck Yaeger as being amazingly realistic!! I recall the only enemy were Vulcan Bombers, if you flew off the top of the (very small) map you instantly appeared at the bottom, there were no external views and the only thing depicted on the ground was a solitary runway comprised of a wire frame black rectangle. Happy days - at the time it was awesome.
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.