Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
I meant I needed to start practising with the Yak-3, but okay. I've been flying the Yak-3 some over the las couple of days and it seems a very good plane. Its either that or the Spitfire IX, so I'm gonna try them out vs each other.
Yeah I might try it as well?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Wow.. It's been a while since I seen anyone from Air Warrior. Heck I used to play the original when it was on AOL. ;p Heck I would be happy to pal around with you guys, though I am not interested in joining a squad, its always nice to meet fellow AW's. My Gamertag on XBL is the same as my Forum name here.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenavian View Post
Wow.. It's been a while since I seen anyone from Air Warrior. Heck I used to play the original when it was on AOL. ;p Heck I would be happy to pal around with you guys, though I am not interested in joining a squad, its always nice to meet fellow AW's. My Gamertag on XBL is the same as my Forum name here.
You should consider joining the yank wing.
I'm pretty lonely on the roster alone.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Yeah I might try it as well?
Been flying the Yak-3 for a couple of fights vs the Bf109G10 and Spitfire IX. It is very good at turning fights, big advantage over the G10 in turn and roll, especially at high speed. Not so much over the Spitfire IX, if anything the Spitfire has an edge at low speed but the two planes are very close. Yak-3 and Spitfire very close in top speed, G10 is a bit quicker. Good climber, but both the IX and the G10 are very good climbers, so they have an edge here. Dive rates are very similar across the board but the Yak-3 has the best high speed control responses.

Only thing I'm not really happy about is the firepower. Duelling with a pair of G10s, and I shot down one, then went after the other. Hit him with a snapshot that get him smoking, but the single cannon runs out of ammo during the snapshot. So I thought, no problem, he's already in damaged, I'll just knock him down with the MGs. Haul round on his tail, open fire and the MGs run out of ammo in about 1 second. Cursed, turned and dived away, but the G10 didn't come after me so I started following it and it went down on its own a couple of minutes later.

So I was curious, because I hadn't been using much ammo even though the Yak-3's guns don't seem to do as much damage as a Bf109 with a similar armament of 1 20mm cannon and 2 13mm MGs. Timed the firing time and the Yak-3 has only 9 seconds for the 20mm Cannon and 10 for the 2 12.7mm MGs. A Bf109G with that armament has 13 seconds for the cannon and 20 for the MGs, and really it should be more, they only have 150 rounds of 20mm ammo when they could have 200 but the game has no option to increase the ammo loadout.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

yeah Fenavian, its been a long time since the AOL version, i was about 10 or 11 lol playing on my dad's PC. happy memories. was a great game, the other squadron I was in Kraits Squadron did that skinning program fo it to liven up the sea / land / planes. cant remember the name, but i did quite a few skins for that.

(mostly planes) i didnt do well with the land textures
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

my god you have grown quick
shame u can do cross system mp then you and V.A.S. could fight
cough ps3 rules cough
Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

it is a massive shame, cus i doubt any one woud have any advantage over the other

and i shall ignore the last comment, because my brothers and i regularly have this argument, (jamie and I are pro x-box even though microsoft are rubbish, and andy is pro PS3 because sony have web browser function and good system support) what an idiot hehe.

xbox has better controllers... that's all ive got, and all my mates use it, so thats why personally for me it beats PS3, even though the PS3 is better in EVERY other respect

P.S. yes im truely amazed at the response, i especially never though we'd be setting up an american wing inside 24 hours
Old 09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post

P.S. yes im truely amazed at the response, i especially never though we'd be setting up an american wing inside 24 hours
I didn't think I would join your squadron within 24 hours either. I'm still hoping to get my two buds on board. I don't think they're going to sign up until we actually get the game.

Good stuff either way. I'm proud to be a part of the 202nd.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

By the way... I just fell in love with the new patch.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

thanks dude glad u like it nice to see it in ure sig

i hope ure mates join up to, feel free to recruit people and get them to join via the site