Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

oh, it's sad, if the release were in december i would be happy, but only in 2009
Old 11-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2k2 View Post
Today I've got a very BIG disappointment. A few posts ago, I seriously complained about 1C ignoring us about the release date of Cryostasis, and I stated I wouldn't buy the game because of that.

But today I changed my mind, since I've discovered that Mirror's Edge (PC version), which I reserved 2 months ago, has moved its release date from Nov. 13th to JANUARY 09 O_O , while the rest of versions are released TOMORROW as it was expected.

So I asked myself: What have we done, PC users, to be treated like this? Piracy? Is it all because of piracy? I don't find that as a good reason for us to be marginalized from consoles in that way.

Then I remembered Cryostasis, and I thought it was not a good idea to promote piracy on a company which designs quality games like this EXCLUSIVELY FOR PC, taking the risks that involve this platform, so I'm going to put my trust in 1C/ActionForms again and buy their release.

Sorry for posting a long comment like this, about a topic which is not related to the thread, but I'd like to share these thoughts with you, guys.

There is no need to worry!! I found something very instresting!!

Looks like that the reason that they decided to delay the pc version was because they want to make it bettert than the console verisons a!!

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/15918

Folks with newer Nvidia cards will get a treat if they grab Mirror's Edge for the PC next year. Nvidia has revealed that the PC flavor of DICE's free-running action game will support PhysX hardware acceleration. All you'll need is a GeForce 8 or better graphics card, and you'll be the envy of your console-using friends (you know, the ones who've already been playing the game for a week and counting).

Here's how Nvidia describes the PhysX enhancements:

With the NVIDIA PhysX physics engine, the world of Mirror's Edge comes to life with real affects [sic] of wind, weapons impact, and in-game movements. Every-day objects within the game become part of the overall experience. Cloth, flags, and banners can now impact weapons and players; ground fog interacts with the player's footsteps; explosions fill the air with smoke and debris; and weapon impacts are enhanced with interactive particles.
The company was kind enough to send us a video of the PhysX goodies in action, too. You'll have to use your imagination when the YouTube blur gets too much, but you get the idea—destructible cloth and interactive volumetric smoke ahoy:
Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN View Post
There is no need to worry!! I found something very instresting!!

Looks like that the reason that they decided to delay the pc version was because they want to make it bettert than the console verisons a!!

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/15918

Folks with newer Nvidia cards will get a treat if they grab Mirror's Edge for the PC next year. Nvidia has revealed that the PC flavor of DICE's free-running action game will support PhysX hardware acceleration. All you'll need is a GeForce 8 or better graphics card, and you'll be the envy of your console-using friends (you know, the ones who've already been playing the game for a week and counting).

Here's how Nvidia describes the PhysX enhancements:

With the NVIDIA PhysX physics engine, the world of Mirror's Edge comes to life with real affects [sic] of wind, weapons impact, and in-game movements. Every-day objects within the game become part of the overall experience. Cloth, flags, and banners can now impact weapons and players; ground fog interacts with the player's footsteps; explosions fill the air with smoke and debris; and weapon impacts are enhanced with interactive particles.
The company was kind enough to send us a video of the PhysX goodies in action, too. You'll have to use your imagination when the YouTube blur gets too much, but you get the idea—destructible cloth and interactive volumetric smoke ahoy:
Well, that's good news. At least it's confirmed that the delay was a result of improving the game's appearance, and not only for economic reasons.
I've seen the video and it looks fantastic, the power of PhysX is simply amazing. It's a shame my graphic card is ATI Radeon, but maybe I've just come out with an idea about what to ask for in Christmas

Thank you for the post, Baxter!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, that's good news. At least it's confirmed that the delay was a result of improving the game's appearance, and not only for economic reasons.
I've seen the video and it looks fantastic, the power of PhysX is simply amazing. It's a shame my graphic card is ATI Radeon, but maybe I've just come out with an idea about what to ask for in Christmas

Thank you for the post, Baxter!

Yes it nice to hear that the pc version will not be a console port like let say... IROMAN(that looked like a ps2 game even on max settings) but it will be a improved version!! Anyway back on topic, i would like to know why 1c decided to delay cryostasis for 2009? What going on ? When the demo will come out ?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Anyway back on topic, i would like to know why 1c decided to delay cryostasis for 2009? What going on ? When the demo will come out ?
I've heard that Cryostasis will also be full compatible with Nvidia PhysX, maybe this delay is due to the adaptation of the game to the latest PhysX drivers or maybe they're improving the visual settings of the game... Who knows, maybe we could find very interesting changes in the game!

Ah, another issue I am interested in: If the game is going to be released in Europe, will it be multilanguage? (English, Spanish, French, Italian... etc)
Old 11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've heard that Cryostasis will also be full compatible with Nvidia PhysX, maybe this delay is due to the adaptation of the game to the latest PhysX drivers or maybe they're improving the visual settings of the game... Who knows, maybe we could find very interesting changes in the game!

Ah, another issue I am interested in: If the game is going to be released in Europe, will it be multilanguage? (English, Spanish, French, Italian... etc)

They also say it will be the game with most PhysX so far
Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

I believe that Crysostasis have suport for PhysX

And .. the launch in Russia in December

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=e...81chrawmPbhzzQ

Quote:
The game is part of the program The Way It's Meant To Be Played company NVIDIA, also Anabioz: Dream of Reason "was shown at the recent exhibition NVISION 08 as an example of technological advances.

NVIDIA PhysX DirectX 10 Modern computer technology based on NVIDIA PhysX and visual effects DirectX 10

Last edited by Jon; 11-24-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Will there be a special edition for the UK?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I believe that Crysostasis have suport for PhysX

And .. the launch in Russia in December

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=e...81chrawmPbhzzQ
Thisi s realy good news. But is that true that it runs only on 15 fps on max settings on a quad core 4 gb ram and 9600 gt???? Somewhere it says that so.. This mean that i will not be able to run it on max settings?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN View Post
Thisi s realy good news. But is that true that it runs only on 15 fps on max settings on a quad core 4 gb ram and 9600 gt???? Somewhere it says that so.. This mean that i will not be able to run it on max settings?
Do not worry, you will be able to run on max settings