Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Officer's Patent

[Thanks Hunkie!]
From battle_akademy.lua:
Peasant > Footman/Bowman/Priest/Pirate/Robber
Footman > Guardman/Witch-Hunter
Guardman > Knight/Horseman/Paladin
Priest > Inquisitor/Witch-Hunter
Archmage > Necromancer/Demonologist/Rune-Mage
Pirate > Sea-Dog/Ghost-Pirate
Dwarf > Cannoneer/Foreman
Orc > Veteran-Orc/Orc-Tracker
Veteran-Orc > Ogre/Ogre-Chieftain/Troll

[Thanks Saiko]
There is a new questgiver, named Arian, who, after completing certain easy quest, will change people into demons. You need Officer's Patent for this, and trophies. He's different than usual conversions, because he converts in ratio 1:1. For example, 5 Runemages into 5 Archdemons, 40 Demonologists into 40 Executioners, or 40 Paladins into 40 Executioners or 20 Witchhunters into 20 Demons. That way you can get more leadership worth of troop than you had before (with executioners even much more) or less (as with Archdemons).

Runemage -> Archdemon
Archmage -> Demon
Witchhunter -> Demon
Paladin -> Executioner
Demonologist -> Executioner
Lake Fairy -> Demoness (484g/t)
Dryad -> Demoness (450g/t)

Griffin -> Royal Griffin
Thorn -> Royal Thorn

[thanks dratomic]
Repair Droid -> Guard Droid

[thanks to the new trainer app]
Werewolf -> Assassin
Sea Dog -> Assassin

Link to the trainer app thread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17281

Just what the heck does this thing to? I got a fair amount of "trophies" but I stopped equipping it since I couldn't raise it past troop level 5? Even so, I couldn't "upgrade" or "train" my paladins? (level 4) even though they are human and neutral.

I hope this isn't like upgrading knights->paladins or something.

Does anyone else know the purpose of this or if it is any good?

By the way, is it me, or does the Dragon of Chaos suck big time?

You can still convert demons up the tree too such as executioner->archdemon, so there isn't that much of a super strong need to give up your Patent to the Demons.

However, it might be the only way to get a demoness or archdemon early on in the game (e.g. if they did not spawn).

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-23-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

I think you pretty much got it right. No reason to wear the patent, unless you have nothing better for the slot.

Can't really speak to the dragon as I only dropped it on the map once at the end of a fight to see what it looked like.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

It's a pretty nice idea. I mean, in my walkthrough of "Legend" I have not found a SINGLE Ancient Vampire for sale anywhere. With this training, you are ensured that certain units will always be in abundance - you just have to get their unupgradeded versions. Makes army building a lot easier. I already use it a lot to upgrade Swordsmen to Guardsmen.

But yeah, if you don't need the upgrades, you are better off using the Shark's Tooth as it gives +5% XP and gold, as opposed to this one's +3%
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

You can upgrade thorn hunters into Royal Thorns, very early in the game. I'd call that pretty useful.

Other than that though... I think it is pretty situational.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

If you have much trophies but not so much money, then it is cheaper to train than to buy, at least with humans. It's cheaper to train guardsmen to paladins than to buy them, and even cheaper if you buy swordsmen, train them to guardsmen and finally paladins. Of course it costs trophies, not only monies, and I think that money is not a problem in that game, but someone may find a use for this. Plus, you have to get at least the same leadership of troops as you inntend to get, so any excess leadership (and accompanying money) is lost.

And I agree that one of the best uses is getting Royal Thorns.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Just a question. How exactly is the amount of "trophies" you get from battles determined? And are there other ways to get "trophies"?

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Registered Member

Is there an upgrade path for a neutral unit to become a demonologist? There do not appear to be any in my save game scan.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

That sucks. They should be made available as upgrades of the Mage, or the Necromancer.

I never do these save game scans, I like surprises. If you end up not finding any and really wanted to use them, you can still give yourself one using the cheat codes, and use Sacrifice to increase the numbers.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

The thing is, using cheat codes will get you a bad name in the final score This is why many people tend to scan their games, and for good reason in my opinion. With the greatly improved amount of items in the game now, the probability of getting at least some of the things that you want decreases by a great deal. For example, I've scanned a number of games (like 10) and the chances of getting twinkling boots or slippery cuirass for extra physical resistance is now like 1/3. Chances of getting an entire scale set for additional physical resistance is now like 1/6. Chances of getting 2 hands of necropolis gloves is less than 1/10 - I never saw 2 of those appearing in a game I scanned (maybe they removed this contingency?).

Not to mention that the chances of making a high intellect run now have declined rapidly, because the chances of getting 2 novice's dresses ranges from 1/4 to 1/7 - and the chances that those dresses will be backed up by something decent is less than 1/20
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Hm, I have obtained two novice dresses, but to think that I'd have to wear one of them on a boy...