Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 02-09-2015, 10:56 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Oh, I guess I just increased that levelup-integer a bit too much lol.

These over the top OP Ships only will be there for free Owning use until v1.0 comes out, Which will get an thread here on the Forum and will (hopefully) be balanced.

ATM These kinds of stuffs are there for Testing and just Playing around with the Content of the Mod.

Oh damn, not having more than 12 options sucks, I just uploaded a fix: DialogGW.xml
Just drag it over to Data/Scripts/Trade/
Now there are multiple Pages. (This fix IS Compatible with older Saves aswell)

I Would also like to get other stuff from the StarRover to here, but the good stuff seems now to be Off-Limits without an Account there, Still trying to Register...

And another small tip: Be careful with the Hyperjump feature, there are alot of systems you aren't supposed to be, heh.
maybe just another hint: When you attack Stations, the owners of these Stations will send out Bounty Hunters (Mercs) or if they are Corporates, they will send their own Flights to kill you until they get their Money.

EDIT:
Gibberish russian at the Splash screen?, hmmm. could you maybe somehow make an screenshot?.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-09-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

When I reinstalled the game it defaulted to the lowest resolution. Once I changed it to 900 x 1400, all the options came on the screen including canteen and exit Sorry about that.

I bought a Ramadanta from the station, love that ship. Unfortunately, the ship's layout template is missing. I can still click on the systems and turrets from the inventory and they appear to install. This was not a problem with GW's original.

Attached is a Jpeg of the gibberish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150209_214413.jpg (2.46 MB, 13 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Two new observations about your version of GW's mothership mod.

1) As I stated earlier I was having problems with my screen size and could not find the canteen option so I upgraded my firmware. Once I was able to use the canteen I tried to hire Bryna & KT but they would not join. I always go for them and not firmware in previous plays so that may be part of GW's original code, not sure.

2) I Hired Ace from the canteen. It looks like his perk profile was taken from SW1. With this template he cannot use fighters above generation 1. GW had a different template that had 4 options on the bottom of the screen that allowed him to train in tiers of fighters.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:56 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

This gibberish is sure something weird...

Hm, I seem to have failed to completely make the Archive have every working file as my installation does, I will upload an Updated version and Edit this Post shorty, sorry for the troubles.
Its hard to update the archive everytime you make an small change ^^

EDIT: Updated Signature with the new version. Its still v0.3 but it has the needed Fixes in it:
-Pilot Skill Table : Fixed
-Ramadanta GUI : Fixed
-Bryna & KT : Fixed
There are probably some remaining errors or bugs, Because Merging huge mods into one and then Expanding it will sure mess some stuff up <.<.

Thank you for the Testing .
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-10-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 02-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

No problem. I feel like I'm being negative, but I do like the changes. Feels like a better experience. My fighters seem to engage better, was there an AI upgrade included?

I noted another thing about the Ramadanta. It is called Star Wolf, which it shouldn't and refuses to dock anywhere. I bought the Star wolf and Rhino and both of them also refuse to dock. I get a pop up message - "docking with station prohibited"

I am currently Flying the Astarte so I decided to see what the Astarte upgrade option under option 10 Star Grade(R). When I selected the upgrade I got a message stating:

Not found string: #L_DR5_MSG_Stargrade_Astarte_List

Hope this helps

Last edited by Lotrek; 02-10-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: content added
Old 02-10-2015, 12:42 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Yes, the Engine Update from StarRover also had alot of AI Enhancement Stuff.

I see about the Naming issue, The most problems seemingly are caused here by the Localization files, maybe you could look that up?, Every string Regarding my Mod should actually be in the sw3_expansion.loc File, you could search for the string "HL_DR5_Stargrade_Astarte_List" in there.

If it doesn't exist, then there wold be something wrong with my current Release Archive...

Quicky Hint: Pls try to not just use the Astarte Upgrade option, It not finished at all. I still need to Make this Ship somewhat more efficient in Combat and for Player Experience, I mean really... this ship is pretty Dull, extremely bad Engines, 3 Turrets...

I Plan these changes tho for this Option in the Future:
-Remodel the Ship & Make 3 Upgrade Levels. each of them will have an Unique looking Model.
-Try to Buff the Engines a little starting at Level 1.
-More Turrets, not making it OP but atleast having like 5 - 8 maybe.

Suggestions are Welcome Regarding changes to the Astarte

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-10-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

More turrets is a good option early game since most fights are vs fighters and the heavy guns don't really get used. That's why I used the Ramadanta in the past for it's extra turrets. The trade off was it had no slots for heavy guns. I see the Astarte as more or a tank ship so more armor and poor maneuverability seems right as a trade off. I would add a 4th system slot so it seems like an upgrade from the previous ship. If you plan to keep the Heavy guns then no more than 4-5 turrets otherwise it would seem like a downgrade when you are forced to get the next mothership.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:03 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Alright, Will keep that in mind

That signature link of mine here is still broken. will Edit this Post when it Works again <.<
Old 02-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

#L_DR5_ans_STARGRADE=Star-Grade(R)
#L_DR5_ans_STARGRADE_astarte=View the available "Astarte" Upgrades
#L_DR5_ans_STARGRADE_ShipGrid= : SHIP NAME : UPGRADE : PRICE (CR) : HEALTH : SHIELDS : SPEED : MANEURABILITY : TURRETS : GK. GUNS :
#L_DR5_ans_STARGRADE_astarte_level1=: "Astarte" : Upgrade #1 : 150.000 : 5000 : 1000 : 5 : 3.5 : 5 : 2 :

This is the Astarte code I found in that file. I can find no reference to #L_DR5_MSG_Stargrade_Astarte_List
Old 02-10-2015, 01:18 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

You could try to put that above this Code that you posted

"#L_DR5_MSG_Stargrade_Astarte_List= Welcome!, here you can select your wished Astarte Upgrades!"

EDIT: I think I finally fixed it, the Bryna & KT Firmware works again. & Signature link Updated.

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-10-2015 at 01:50 PM.