Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

You misunderstood - "A War Apart" will work great on Win8, though "SR2 Reboot" may not work so good due to some architectural features of the engine.
Suffice to say, HD version of the game won't have this problem. As of temporary solution for the "Reboot", you may try using DxWind or something similar.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

This is great news, im a fan of sr2, awesome game, spent countless hours on it. Was sad tho that there were no sequels or other expansions, until now tho, cant wait to play this
Old 06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Any plans to make this Space Rangers challenging, like Space Rangers 1? I felt you were trying to target a more mass audience with Space Rangers 2 by making it much easier.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Sheer joy when I read about this HD remake. Thanks a lot guys. Glad to see you got your hands on the Source code this time Ru_maniac

Assuming this game stays true to what it was I'll be there day 1 to buy it most likely. (on Steam I hope)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Just to be sure, did you actually get the source code ru_maniac?
If so, can I ask something that only the code can answer? I'm refering to this -> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27575

If you can help with it I will praise you for the rest of my days
Old 06-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

i dunno why but i have a bad feeling about this (specially not working the original team)

well lets hope for the best
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
I kind of sucked at the rts; but hopefully there will be 1000's of text puzzles instead of only a few as in the previous game (I know this is not realisitc but i liked that aspect and sapce combat a bit better than the rts).
The secret is that the option to personally command one of the robots is not an option. You have too if you expect to win most of those scenarios. But you have to figure out where you're the most effective, and work that into the rest of the strategy. For example, I found I'm best in one on one attacking enemies from range where either they can't catch up to me before I can destroy them as I'm backing away or I draw them into an ambush before they're ready for it. A lot of times, controlling one personally, you can be a lone scout who takes lightly guarded resource points because while the AI is too stupid to maintain range while attacking, you aren't. And you can do this while the rest of your group is doing whatever you told them too. It is essential that you be capable of switching in and out of a robot quickly because sometimes you only have seconds to do what you need to do in that robot before you need to pay attention to something on the other side of the map. A lot of times it becomes a one step back two steps forward kind of thing. Sometimes you just have to regroup, and you controlling that robot is literally the only thing that keeps the enemy robots from getting critical resource points before you're built up enough to fight back take them, and defend them.

Oh, and BTW, the RTS element was a very nice addition. In fact, they were amongst my favorite missions. It was all those text missions and delivery missions that annoyed me the most. I hated running from system to system and back again just to get paid pennies. I mean those missions take up a lot of time you need to defend a system, and there are just so many of them it's just absurd. I'm telling you, at one point it was like 90% of all the missions were delivery missions that had me running all over timbuktu. And you have to do them because the likelihood you'll get another mission anytime soon isn't. You can spend half an hour or more looking at every planet you come across through 3 or 4 different systems, and never get a single mission, not even a delivery one. And if the Dominators have taken all but 3 or 4 systems, you're pretty much relying on trade because you're not getting a mission but maybe once every so often.

Last edited by cairn; 06-18-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Supporting the RTS element.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Any plans to make this Space Rangers challenging, like Space Rangers 1? I felt you were trying to target a more mass audience with Space Rangers 2 by making it much easier.
You obviously haven't played Space Rangers 2 with everything on it's hardest difficulty have you? It's nearly impossible to beat. In fact, I haven't been able to yet, and I didn't even have it all the way. The Dominators inevitably take over too many sectors, leaving you with only 1 or 2 systems to defend. Then it gets a little easier to maintain defenses, but research is so slow, and often the Dominators manage to take out critical stations, and Dominators seem to always be too far ahead that you can't even escape when you need to run away.

However, I will admit this little annoyance, if you can last long enough defending at least that one last system, eventually, for some reason, near the end of the tech tree, but not quite the end, the coalition forces start to slowly gain the upper hand and gain systems back periodically until they reach a point where you're pretty much not even needed anymore because the coalition is winning at least a tenth of the systems they attempt to take back and no longer losing more than a couple every so often. At that point you might as well just do whatever because anything you do against the Dominators will only expedite the inevitable victory of the coalition and end your game. In fact, if you wait long enough, you aren't even needed to take down the final bosses. Eventually the coalition will happen to take each one down.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairn View Post
You obviously haven't played Space Rangers 2 with everything on it's hardest difficulty
i think he didnt play on reboot in reboot dominators are much more aggressive and way faster (i saw 1000 speed shtip and actually its is why in reboot dominators are harder)
Quote:
it's nearly impossible to beat. In fact, I haven't been able to yet, and I didn't even have it all the way. The Dominators inevitably take over too many sectors, leaving you with only 1 or 2 systems to defend.
coalitions systems must goes down to atleast of 5 systems so blazer and terron dont attack u or u definitly die, actually this is what u should in hardest diffictuly

Quote:
However, I will admit this little annoyance, if you can last long enough defending at least that one last system, eventually, for some reason, near the end of the tech tree, but not quite the end, the coalition forces start to slowly gain the upper hand and gain systems back periodically until they reach a point where you're pretty much not even needed anymore because the coalition is winning at least a tenth of the systems they attempt to take back and no longer losing more than a couple every so often.
well this is sad but true only the first 5-10 years of game is chalanging
Quote:
At that point you might as well just do whatever because anything you do against the Dominators will only expedite the inevitable victory of the coalition and end your game. In fact, if you wait long enough, you aren't even needed to take down the final bosses. Eventually the coalition will happen to take each one down.
its impossible for AI to take down any of the bosses in hardboil difficulty even players have hard time to take them down (u can do it with rock with 5 vertixes and just use auto attack hopefully your weapons dont fail in the middle of battle) u are definitly needed to end the game (by using the programs), well i forget about keller that is impossible to beat out of hyperspace
Old 07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Registered Member

Really excited about the announcement of this game, as I thoroughly enjoyed the previous releases. I do, however, have one question I'd like to ask.

Upon browsing the website briefly, it was immediately clear that whoever was responsible for most of the written content doesn't have a particularly firm grasp on the English language. Will a translator/interpreter be at hand to write/proof read the dialogue for the final release? I find that in text-intensive games it becomes really distracting and somewhat irritating if the writing makes little sense.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I was just curious.