Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty

King's Bounty Famous series of Fantasy Real-time RPG with turn-based battles.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Default KB Dark Site. A buggy game?

I'm level 12 vampire

1) i 'm in Portland. After i solve the mission to enslave Lucia, some monks appear on the island. If i click on them their difficulty is VERY EASY. WHen i try to kill them, they have 62 paladins, 250 monks. Is this easy? WTF???
2) i just solved MAGICAL DEPARTMENT quest. I take the mage on shelter but the quest is not solved! I don't receive money and no exp! all the tasks apper grey, but the quest isn't solved!
Incredibile!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

about the mage, try talking with him in the shelter, doesnt looks like a "bug" for me
Old 05-30-2015, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quests like the Magical Department and the Military, etc. are "ongoing" quests. There's more than 1 thing to do for each of them.

The "very weak" thing is indeed a bug, one of which I've reported here and on Steam. It's minor. Just avoid them til later when you've leveled up. Many of the armies you see can be avoided until later when you're more powerful. Expect to be coming back to those areas anyway for future quests.

If your version is on Steam, I've a guide there that will aid you in getting started and some help on knowing what units are better etc.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

thanx man, i'm veteran... i played all kb until now
i asked these infos cos they seem bugs
Old 05-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

I must admit that the game is really more diffult than the others

i'm playing on hard with vampire. NO Loss it's very diffult! i haven't spell! a mage without spell is noob. All the shop of the first island sell the same spall. skull and slow.
Now i found sacrifice. With vampire and old vampire i can resurrect some units, but the game is too difficult.

My leadership at lev 19 is 3040 and all bosses lev 12 have the triple of my units at least.
Something wrong
Old 05-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

sry for wrong topic but i just cant solve sound effect
music is good but no sound effects in battle
Old 05-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.jimmy View Post
I must admit that the game is really more diffult than the others

i'm playing on hard with vampire. NO Loss it's very diffult! i haven't spell! a mage without spell is noob. All the shop of the first island sell the same spall. skull and slow.
Now i found sacrifice. With vampire and old vampire i can resurrect some units, but the game is too difficult.

My leadership at lev 19 is 3040 and all bosses lev 12 have the triple of my units at least.
Something wrong
Like I said, I've a guide on Steam that can help with a lot of this. Just right click on the game on steam, go to community guides and look for the one by me, Shadowcran. But I guess I'll go ahead and sum up the resurrection units/spells/ability

Units that can resurrect:
1. Dark Paladins- You can get them from Portland after it's taken over "by the dark", but sometimes they aren't there. Just had a playthrough where I had zero available, but it's ok. You can also get them in Inselburg after it too becomes 'of the dark..but again, not always.

2. Heresiarch- These are basically the Inquisitors for the dark side. You get them when Portland becomes "of the dark". Also get them from Inselburg. I've yet to have a playthrough(I've done where you can't get them. Don't get the lesser ones which are the priests "of the dark".

3. Demonologist- These can be found in Atrixus every single time at Verdelet's abode. My guide has an easy way to get to them early, but only after you've done Whitehill. You simply go into the catacombs in Portland, go to the Atrixus Portal, enter, then immediately leave as there is a unit beyond your ability to combat there. Then use the Teleportation power for Atrixus and the area where you teleport to is enemy free. Go to the first floating disc from that area and you'll go straight to Verdelet's abode. Make sure you have some gold and at least an empty space(It's better to have 2. That way you can go ahead and buy extras and put them in the shelter's garrison for when you level up instead of having to keep going back to Atrixus)Later, after Inselburg is "of the dark" you can get Verdelet to come back to the shelter.

4. Blood Priestess-Unlike the sacrifice spell, The priestess sacrifice ability can be used on 'summoned' creatures, like the ones you get from Back to Nature spell. You can use this to increase your numbers of other troops. It's also a way to avoid having to buy any after the initial few, except for black dragons, ice dragons, and dragon riders as they're immunity to magic won't allow it.

**Back to Nature should be your first 'must have" spell. It's way more powered in this version. It's often at several locations throughout the game but is always at the Lighthouse in Portland. Only 2,000 gp and you'll use this spell constantly throughout the game.

Spells that resurrect:
1. Resurrection. You have to have Simon, the Mage at the shelter and agree to his quest discussions. Buy 3 resurrection scrolls where ever you can. Give them to Simon and he'll make a "of the dark" version.

2. Turn Back Time. Simon, again. He always has this available to buy. Cost? 50,000 gp. Worth every penny.

Ability that resurrects:
1. This works only for the undead. The black "ziogyns" that appear on the field can resurrect undead units. It's random but it works. Also, those same ziogyns only appear if you or the enemy are using undead units.

One more tipit's in the guide too)

In Inselburg, one of the islands has 4 fields on it. The Green one is the one you want. Unless you're playing "Impossible mode" you'll dig up a chest worth from 100,000 to 200,000 gp. If Impossible, half that.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

i forgot to say that i have mixing races. I'm playing UD now.
I never had these problemes on hard level with the previous version of the game.....
Perhpas i have to mix with blood dem, i Hate demons.. but untile i have a decent number of medals, my leadership is low.
ziogyns are a false myth. They depend of the number of death units -> so if u kill one dragon, the ziogyn will be useless

Ah dark resurrection? interesting. I suppose i have to wait.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.jimmy View Post
i forgot to say that i have mixing races. I'm playing UD now.
I never had these problemes on hard level with the previous version of the game.....
Perhpas i have to mix with blood dem, i Hate demons.. but untile i have a decent number of medals, my leadership is low.
ziogyns are a false myth. They depend of the number of death units -> so if u kill one dragon, the ziogyn will be useless

Ah dark resurrection? interesting. I suppose i have to wait.
I already answered this same question on the Steam forum if you want to take a look at it. I don't recommend running only undead, but I gave the best advice I could in case you continue with it.

Like I've said, I've a guide on Steam for this game. It's got all my tips and isn't written like it's an insurance form, I write in plain speak. Tips on where to find a huge stash of gold, best units, best single race combinations, How to get more princesses for the Dragon Riders(this is the best creature in the entire series and costs a lot of gold, but worth it), how to GET those dragon riders, etc. I've even added Impossible suggestions.

As to undead, where you're at now, I suggested replacing the archers with the Ghost Pirates, which you can get in Inselburg at the sunken ship(and often a very good undead item is there). I didn't say you could also get those pirates at Sandy Isle in 2 different places. These are good for getting gold and to reach chests fast and also they have evasion. Both skeleton types are too brittle to use.

I also said that later, after you've given X amount of prisoners(around 5k) to the military department, you can get, in the shelter undead area, Bone dragons. They can self resurrect with a new ability for this version, devour. This is where they devour corpses on the field from dead units.

Those resurrection spells can be hard to collect but I'll give you the "usual" places they turn up in game.
1. Aralan
2. Galanerim
3. Baraz-Gund
And sometimes at other areas, but these seem to have them most often.

Turn back time you can get now if you have the gold. 50k. Once you level it up to 2, you're in good shape and at 3, great shape. It can resurrect by simply returning the unit to the previous turn when it hadn't lost any troops.

I'm guessing you're probably fighting dwarves at the moment as they can be very hard with the Vampire. The trick is to "spam summoned units" to take the damage while your troops pick off the weaker ones and avoid the heavy packs of dwarves. They're hard to beat with Vampire as they have a lot of magic resistance. Use Call of Nature, as it's the most powerful spell IN THIS VERSION. It may be considered 'overpowered' now. Focus in battle on getting rid of the following dwarves firstnumbered by priority to kill)
1. Alchemists- Their stat damage is what will be almost impossible for you to overcome. Kill them first, focus on them.
2. Cannoneers- If you put a unit right next to them where they can't get away and fire at you, they're helpless.
3. Giants- Their 'stomp' can often be a bitch.
4. Mechanics-Their shock potion always seems to work and the stat damage is hard to overcome.
5. Drones-just a pain in the ass.
6. The rest. If you get the first 4 out of the way, the rest are not much worry

Last edited by Shadowcran; 06-03-2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

thanks. I prefer here. I can't post image on steam!

Look this image. I was trying to defeat the priest for lev3 Lucia. Lev 12 monks. Invincible! I'm mage lev22
I'm sure that i tried at lev 12 to check how powerfull he was. He had at least HALF of his actual army! Does enemy army change with your level?

I can arrive at 72 vampire and 421 archers.
Man it's impossible. I'm sure that he was weaker before