Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

USA trucker Elwenil has posted 5 times on this forum he must come in just to voice his disaproving opinion. The guys who post the most know this forum I myself have been offerd a moderators position but turned it down. I know I have some spelling mistakes in this but Im in a hurry as Im in a tractor bailing 35 acre of silage before I can get to my computer
Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
USA trucker Elwenil has posted 5 times on this forum he must come in just to voice his disaproving opinion. The guys who post the most know this forum I myself have been offerd a moderators position but turned it down. I know I have some spelling mistakes in this but Im in a hurry as Im in a tractor bailing 35 acre of silage before I can get to my computer
I never criticized yours, or anyone else's grammar, or spelling (without provocation). I thinks it's childish to do so. I wrote this in another thread somewhere. You get no complaints here from me. I am also aware of you being offered a Moderators position. I was the one that recommended you to Nike-it & Sneaksie because, you have good insight into computers, RnR in general, and are well mannered.

What brought this up?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Nothing mate just the post about locking the thread over some person being negative in his post and me and a few other guys typing our opinions. I see this topic is getting messy so if you like delete the posts that make the topic look like a bag of jigsaw puzzles
Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Nothing mate just the post about locking the thread over some person being negative in his post and me and a few other guys typing our opinions. I see this topic is getting messy so if you like delete the posts that make the topic look like a bag of jigsaw puzzles
Deleting the thread was my second option. My first option is to delete any further remarks pertaining to Elwenils' insulting comments from all sides. Could we now get back on topic, and let me deal with Elwenil? Just PM me for further discussions on this matter.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Ok back to the thread
Trucks and upgrades
The location and view is amazing
Story is cool I think 3 endings so thats alot of gameplay
Economic strategy is also nice

BAD
Optimization needs more work for people with older computers
AI fuel I dont ever see that being fixed wich isnt a problem to me but is to others
Warehouse not being able to pick up your load on the fith wheel and dock wich I guess also adds the trailer physics

That is some things I'm gonna say I'm sure you guys can come up with more
Old 06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

You got my vote on all the above. Also post it on the "What's Good About Rig'n'Roll?" thread. All but the bad stuff though.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-24-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure what section thats in if I find it i sure will tho
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what section thats in if I find it i sure will tho
One thread below this one. Look for the Green Arrow on the main forum.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

AAA found it damn my 16 hour work shift posting now
Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

Not to get everyone back off topic but I should at least apologize for how my comment was taken and explain my point. I meant the mental help comment sarcastically and while I do personally feel that considering RnR a simulation of any sort is laughable, I didn't mean that anyone honestly needed mental help. As for trolling, to me, trolling is posting something for the express reason of getting a hostile response. I considered the idea of this game being a simulation pretty far off in left field and I think that is the general consensus of even the unbiased postings here on this forum. I honestly cannot understand anyone seriously making the comment that RnR is a simulation as it fails to meet the definition on a number of points. I think in that light, my comment was more a response than actual trolling but I can see how if the "mental help" comment was taken as hostile instead of a dry humor joke, that someone could take my post as trolling.

Again I apologize to anyone who I seem to have offended. This game has bred many reactions to it, some of which are pretty bad. My own bad opinion of the game is directly related to it's misleading marketing. As such there are a lot of strong opinions about this game and it's important to realize that just because you disagree does not mean that your opinion is the only valid one. I have as much right as anyone to come here and post my opinions, regardless of my motives, so long as I do not break the forum rules. I don't like this game, I have made that clear. I have also made it clear that I would not have bought this game had it not been advertised as a simulation. Like I've said before, if someone like me is doing research into buying this game thinking it's a simulation, I feel it's important that they see it from all sides, including my opinion that this is not a simulation of any sort and if they are looking for a trucking sim, they will more than likely be disappointed with this game. In addition, how is my coming here to voice my negative opinion any different than someone coming here to voice a positive one? Luckily this forum is not like many game developer and publisher websites that routinely delete any threads that cast a negative light on their product so someone looking at this forum can get both the good and the bad. So please continue with the discussion and keep in mind that not everyone with a negative opinion is someone out to start something.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-28-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Some comments can be interpreted the wrong way.