Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Registered Member

Apparently I'm the only one to vote that I love the game so far.

I haven't had any issues with bugs or performance like some others are complaining about; it's silky smooth at max detail on my machine (I would hope so, with my hardware.) I don't have a problem with it being "arcade-y" either; I've been waiting ten years for a sequel to Hard Truck 2, and that's what this is; it plays very much like that, which is what I was personally looking for. If I wanted a slow, realistic sim, I'd play Euro truck simulator; Rig'n'Roll is Hard Truck 3, and Hard Truck was never about realism.

So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely; I quite like making deliveries at 110mph, and I love the attention to detail in the world; the highway systems are far, far better than in any other trucking game I've played as of yet, and that makes them so much more fun to drive.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Hate it!

Having parted with $35.oo I'd expect to play a 100% trucking sim like what they advertized on RNR site. Like some who posted in the forums, a trucking simulation means getting that rig parked, hitched/unhitched, towed and backed up with great skill. I'm no trucker, but whenever I see an 18wheeler backup on a ramp to its loading/unloading dock, I never fails to amaze me. Let's have some real world physics in the game and real driver behaviors. Real truckers (at least most) don't weave in and out of traffic just so they'd be first to deliver the cargo. Sure you'd have a timetable to keep, but the game implements it very unrealistically. You guys mentioned the rain and the eye-candy wipers. No Track-IR support, you'd have to use the mouse emulation which is kinda unnerving after a while. Sound is flat. They sound like they got it from Hard Truck or King of the Road. The cops are a pain even if it wasnt your fault. Controls are overly sensitive even at the lowest setting. Somehow driving a freightliner feels like driving a dodge minivan, slow but nimble. Force feedback on the G-27 was barely perceptible. Hard Truck had probably better FF, like the wheels "fought" with you in a fast tight turn. Again, maybe having played grid, dirt series, GTR series made me expect a lot from driving games, but I'm a sucker for driving SIMS, trucking or otherwise. And having played these wonderful games made me vote HATE it... especially having to pay that much. But don't get me wrong, this game has potential to be great if they fix it.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

I think theres too much to be fixed in a patch. Its a game born in a wrong way.

The only thing i read they want to add are the pedestrians..........
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Two problems that I see mentioned quite often is the G25, and the Cops. Both are getting a bad rep.

Lets go with the G25 first:
I use to have a problem saving my inputs for the G25, steering, FF, etc, but not anymore. There is a file in MyDocuments\MyGames\RignNRoll_eng\yourprofilename\ double-click the file with sprocket. This will solve all your problems, and over-ride the game conflicts of imputing. It took me about 30 min. to get it just right (save the original before you try it). Now my clutch & shifter reacts smoothly, and accurately. Steering, and FF are as they should be, right down to the tension on turns, jumping curbs, or driving on dirt.

Now the Police:
I don't have a problem here either, and I'll tell you why. I very seldom have interaction with the police in the game, except for accidents. Just like in real-life if an 18 Wheeler is involved in an accident, (your fault, or not), the police are going to get involved, or the US DOT's. However, getting handcuffed, and fined (if not your fault) is a little over the top. What I find to be unrealistic is that you can do 100 mph, and blow the doors off the cops, and they don't so much as bat an eye at you!!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-23-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

I agree 100% with Hotel. I tried to write all the problems, but it was very, very ,.... coastline, the text that I had deleted this. Moreover, my English is poor. Let me put it simply and not too much to write ..
SoftLab either working on optimizing the game. But for us as fans crave Hardcore Truck sim they offer editors for modification (physics, models of trucks, traffic, maps ... etc)
Then it would be fair to all and will attract more people to this game. Who wants to run both the original game? Trucks and AI with poor physics? OK play. While enjoying the fun. But those who are looking for truck simulation otherwise, they have the opportunity to modify the game just for them. Softlab will not waste time with real mod and will work to optimize the necessary (Perhaps Softlab the real mod patches were equally bad) community modeller will work 100% faster and better.
According to me a fair solution for all the loving Trucking. and I will not have to freeze reincarnation to 50 years to achieve it in slow SoftLab patches .....
I voted hate the game. Watching the game about 6 years and I've been a big fan and supporter. Unfortunately now what is out there big disappointment. Now I hate the game, but still hope. As a colleague said. I see there the potential for revolutionary truck sim. It is yet unfulfilled potential. If a change of modifications and improvements in the right direction. This game I could love again as before.

Last edited by pook; 04-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raishi View Post
Apparently I'm the only one to vote that I love the game so far.

I haven't had any issues with bugs or performance like some others are complaining about; it's silky smooth at max detail on my machine (I would hope so, with my hardware.) I don't have a problem with it being "arcade-y" either; I've been waiting ten years for a sequel to Hard Truck 2, and that's what this is; it plays very much like that, which is what I was personally looking for. If I wanted a slow, realistic sim, I'd play Euro truck simulator; Rig'n'Roll is Hard Truck 3, and Hard Truck was never about realism.

So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely; I quite like making deliveries at 110mph, and I love the attention to detail in the world; the highway systems are far, far better than in any other trucking game I've played as of yet, and that makes them so much more fun to drive.
Rashi, where did you buy the game from?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
Rashi, where did you buy the game from?
Gamersgate, why?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

I voted "I Like It (needs some improvements)"
Explanaton: It needs some more optimization. (Yes I have EN version). Raise FPS a bit because i can run GTA IV @ 65FPS with all patches, and this barely runs @ high 35-40 FPS!

Cheers!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

I think should make a remake of King of the Road, can even use the same physics, just make the graphics better, that game was perfect, I have GTA IV and 2TB of new games here, but I keep playing King of the Road...

It's just... Funny, it's real but at the same time fun, you know?

The only problem in king of the road is the bmw m5, that keeps hitting the floor on every turn hehe
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

So i bought this eventually from Gamersgate. Here's my first impressions after one night of testing.

+ The design of the map. All the intersections, roads & scenery looks very realistic.
+ Nicely detailed trucks
+ Overall gfx
+ Truck engine sounds
+ Exhaust effects
+ Music tracks are good and fits perfectly to trucking game.

- Automatic trailer docking. This is more than disgrace in trucking game really.
- Physics seems strange.
- Time limits are too tight.
- Performance is just horrible. (the traffic kills the fps completely so i had to lower it down to zero.)

Overally this game COULD be awesome. It's just that the most important part of the truckers job is docking and manouvering the trailer to tight spot to unload it. I just don't understand why the developers did this automatic shit.

So pretty please developers.
Add the option to dock the trailer and reduce time limits and fix performance and this game could be number 1 trucking game.