Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Valky, could you please post those modified files for those of us who are lazy to edit them ourselves? I would really like to buy the Butcher Thanks.
Only tuned up the shields again ^^ but you can edit by yourself (<Interceptor name="Butcher_pl0">) - other stuff don't need to be changed, everything included & buyable only @MSF blackmarkets.

edit: i think the stats are okay, 5k armor+2.5k shields 'd be way to overpowered.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sw_butcher.zip (53.4 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by valky; 03-16-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Does anyone tried to import SW2 ships to SW3?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel666 View Post
Does anyone tried to import SW2 ships to SW3?
My Leopard Corvette was originally made for SW2. Just make sure to copy the appropriate models and textures, if missing.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Thank you Valky. What do you mean by a MSF blackmarket? I have only normal market and FTU market in game.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

I did copy everything for the Matarice and Bastard. Change everything add them to the shop list. But the game crash every time i try to dock to station. There is diference between the texture files in main texture directory of those two and oder fighters including the corvet. Any ideas how to resolve the problem?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Thank you Valky. What do you mean by a MSF blackmarket? I have only normal market and FTU market in game.
Yeah...ma bad FTU = blackmarket...was referring to the script's name

(you only can buy it @ MSF's FTU market... )
Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel666 View Post
I did copy everything for the Matarice and Bastard. Change everything add them to the shop list. But the game crash every time i try to dock to station. There is diference between the texture files in main texture directory of those two and oder fighters including the corvet. Any ideas how to resolve the problem?
SW3 should still be able to load SW2 textures, especially since I transferred a texture myself... The crash makes me wonder, though, especially since bugged textures are not likely to crash the game, I think. Every game handles bugged textures differently.

Did you use a program to edit the XML files? Doubtful its an XML problem, though, since the game refuses to work if theres a broken XML usually. Did you double-check all your modified code to make sure there were no syntax errors? My sixth sense is telling me that you made an error in one of the script files (Possibly one that has to do with the station), which crashes the game every time it calls that script.

Last edited by Nanaki; 03-17-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

I copied the needed files from SW2 objects to SW3 objects and from SW2 textures to SW3 textures (including interface/carcasses/32,64,128,slots).
Then i copied the needed info from carcasses.xml in SW2 and pasted in carcasses.xml in SW3 (with the nececary editing). Did the same with ShipDescriptions.xml, and then add them in FloodTradeStations and InitTradeSystem. The thing is that the game crash every time they appear in the shop, because some times i can dock but they are not in the store. The strange thing is that in folder slots there is file named ships05 with those four fighter and Ramadanta inside so there should be no problem adding them. Maybe i'm missing something but don't know what.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Is it possible to mod the ramadanta back ingame? I'd like to get it to replace the Astarte if at all possible?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Getting back into modding capital ships some...

Added two turrets to a Lion MK2, also decided to see what would happen if I switched the texture from MSF to player (which is used by the Lion MK3). Other than the screwed up player logo, it actually comes up perfectly. Only problem is, I cannot figure out where the player logo is stored in the Lion's texture file to modify it. I suck with textures anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViralHatred View Post
Is it possible to mod the ramadanta back ingame? I'd like to get it to replace the Astarte if at all possible?
You can certainly try it. Although, it will be crappier than the Astarte since it will not have any big guns.

Last edited by Nanaki; 03-17-2010 at 08:19 PM.