Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars)

Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars) Sequel to Fantasy Wars. Turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

I'm now stuck in the last scenario, at easy level. This game has really poor game balance.

The three scenarios before the last, played at easy level, are too easy, and played at normal, are too hard for me. The last scenario is extremely difficult, even at easy.

I've tried to like this game, and as a fan of the Panzer General/Fantasy General series (which were much better balanced), I should really like this game. But I don't. And nor do most reviewers, and the game buying public. After the complaints about Fantasy Wars I would have thought the developers would listen to the complaints about the game difficultly. I was wrong, Elven Legacy is as popular as it deserves to be - not at all popular.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
I'm now stuck in the last scenario, at easy level. This game has really poor game balance.

The three scenarios before the last, played at easy level, are too easy, and played at normal, are too hard for me. The last scenario is extremely difficult, even at easy.

I've tried to like this game, and as a fan of the Panzer General/Fantasy General series (which were much better balanced), I should really like this game. But I don't. And nor do most reviewers, and the game buying public. After the complaints about Fantasy Wars I would have thought the developers would listen to the complaints about the game difficultly. I was wrong, Elven Legacy is as popular as it deserves to be - not at all popular.
The game will become more difficult the worse you do, and it sounds like you managed your army poorly. Balance does not equal difficulty. If you played the game Fire Emblem and got most of your main army killed, you're going to find the last few missions to be difficult if not impossible. You were punished for playing poorly and should restart instead of whine and make wrong claims about game balance and difficulty, a subject you obviously know little about.

Elven Legacy is actually a well balanced series of campaigns with a gradual difficulty curve (most of the time), and no particularly overpowered units or abilities.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
I finished most of the Panzer General series, they were tough but not too tough.

Elven Legacy is too difficult for me on normal difficulty. Too bad, because it can be a fun game. I guess I could go down to easy difficulty, but more enjoyable games await. Another poorly balanced game from 1C (I loved the King's Bounty series, but the balance on those games was poor as well). Who are they designing these games for? It's no wonder they aren't that popular.
Instead of whining and flaming, get more skills and use your brains to actually understand the game and then try to master it.

I did multiple no-loss impossible playthroughs (warrior, paladin and mage) in KB(:C) and achieved all gold on hard in EL...

Now saying something is imbalanced, because you suck, isn't representive, especially not accusing a company that publishes QUALITY games, compared to the POS from other companies in general!

What makes a good game is about replayability and especially CHALLENGES. A game that is hard, is much more rewarding than an easy game. Hard can be classified as smart AI or less resources than the AI and beat them.

So be honest... imho you are bad in strategy / tactical games. Don't blame others for your mistakes.

1C Company publishes awesome games and becoming popular exponentially. I hope they will take a big piece of the market, due to their quality games and support, just like Paradox Interactive. Those are my two top game publishers.