Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Default error: ...can't start because physxloader.dll is missing...

So, I downloaded cryostasis from gamersgate.com and installed, then tried to run it and windows gave me the error listed in the topic. I didn't know what the .dll was for, so I did some research and apperantly it's for something related to a type of GPU utilization, which is proprietary to nvidia cards.

I do not own a nvidia card, I own a radeon 4850 in crossfire and I am running windows 7. All software and drivers are up to date.

Question: Can this game be run on ATI based cards? If so, how do I get around this PhysX situation?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

I think you should try to install PhysX from nVidia site. It won't be accelerated since you don't have an GeForce board, but your CPU should handle the calculations and the game should load.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

1. Get this PhysX driver from here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-P....html#download

2. Install the PhysX driver you downloaded.

3. (Install Cryostasis through Gamersgate). Run Cryostasis.

4. Enter game options, and tune downwards to shader level 2. The PHYSX effects option should turn OFF. Toggle shader level upwards and Apply changes.

5. Optionally, change to a lower resolution.

6. Play Cryostasis.

The other way of course is to get an NVIDIA card! I had one previously until my Vista PC died on me and I lost that graphics card. My current ATI HD 4350 on Windows 7 runs the game pretty slow... but I do get pretty decent gameplay with a lower resolution and tuned down options.

Hope that helps.

Back to playing Cryo.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromaster View Post
1. Get this PhysX driver from here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-P....html#download

2. Install the PhysX driver you downloaded.

3. (Install Cryostasis through Gamersgate). Run Cryostasis.

4. Enter game options, and tune downwards to shader level 2. The PHYSX effects option should turn OFF. Toggle shader level upwards and Apply changes.

5. Optionally, change to a lower resolution.

6. Play Cryostasis.

The other way of course is to get an NVIDIA card! I had one previously until my Vista PC died on me and I lost that graphics card. My current ATI HD 4350 on Windows 7 runs the game pretty slow... but I do get pretty decent gameplay with a lower resolution and tuned down options.

Hope that helps.

Back to playing Cryo.
Thank you so much. I have posted for help in many forums in my time and getting straight forward directions + urls to required files is a very rare and appreciated event.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

I happened to me with SHIFT 2. On the setup disk is a folder called PHYS Install ...or something close to that. I ran the install in the folder, removed then reinstalled then did the same for the game