Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
The sounds are terrible, its a good thing they are in wav. format. That means we can make our own engine sounds for the game.
If the game engine will only speed up whatever sound is used for engine idle, that won't do much good -- real engine sounds are much more complex, and depend on RPM, throttle setting, load, turbo (both whine and "suction" sound), etc.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

Maybe they concentrated too much on the scenary accurancy and forgot about the "realistic" side of things.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
And to think I've been contemplating rigging a real 13 speed shifter, with working air actuators, for use with R'n'R...

why? LOL, if you want any amount of realism, try rigging this up.... (very very very simple btw)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shift.jpg (4.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
why? LOL, if you want any amount of realism, try rigging this up.... (very very very simple btw)
I know -- TOO simple!

If I just wanted "simple", I would have been happy with an automatic gearbox.
But I would love to be able to use a real 13 or 18 speed shift pattern, as I have in real life, many moons ago.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

well I have just tried the game. Played about 30 minutes. And I'm dissapointed. The physics are strange, truck and trailer moves as one object and doesnt feel fluuent on the road. No realistic inertion. Not realistic interaction between traile and truck It looks like it has been done to make it easy to drive, cuz it seems that there are physic ,cuz some thing really looks very realistc and it is strange how in king of the road everything was much better so I don't think they have forgotten how to make physics. I think some optional Hardcore patch could fix things. Maybe someone who talks russian could mention about it to developers? Than sounds - Really weird idea. It seams the just recorded sounds at diferent rpm an put it in game, wich doesn't work for me.

Didn't check everything else, but for now it is very strange how can it be so much worse tahn King of the road.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykas View Post
Maybe someone who talks russian could mention about it to developers?
You can mention it in this thread. It's no guarantee that the devs will read it but it's your best shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykas View Post
Than sounds - Really weird idea. It seams the just recorded sounds at diferent rpm an put it in game, wich doesn't work for me.
From what I understand they just recorded the idle engine sound and speed that up in the game as the revs go up. Which is bound to sound awful. I reckon that is something that will likely be fixed in a patch some time in the future. Or, if not, I'm sure it won't be too long before someone comes up with a way to mod the sounds yourself or something.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

I think that the only solution is total modifiability!! If Softlab not stupid, so give opportunity to complete modifiability. I will say one thing. The game has a basis. Building stone potential, but that's all. I do not think they would be able hardcore real simulator. Failed to correct physics for 10 years! It is hard we can be ready in patches .... I just laugh the developer, what prewiev video talking about physics. The man probably did not complete even primary school to talk rubbish like to shit. Sound is chaos and a headache. How to flush the toilet. Missing walkers / parked vehicles / traffic lights / life / mist / mud / thunder lightning / wind / optimization / support for all gaming devices / TrackIR / strange view from the cockpit is not set manual zoom + not position seats / multyplayer and etc etc etc ... . Base is there. Game world is interesting, but the roads very much roadblocks. Only modifiability as well as stupid game by SCS. But thanks to the modifiability these silly games live. Impossible to modifiability and if not addressed optimization, patches and any bugs, this game will flop ......

Last edited by pook; 12-26-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Let's do our own R'n'R with blackjack and... you know what.
No kidding, got half of mojave here, anyone up to convert it to haulin asap?!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
OK, so I've watched the videos by Ubaku, therock23480 on YouTube, and others. And all I can say is, I'm disappointed! I didn't expect much, given the previews I'd seen (and heard!) but decided to give 1C Company the benefit of the doubt until the actual release.
But now I've come to conclude it's bad -- the physics suck, and are like Midtown Madness'. (But THAT game DOES have pedestrians!) For instance, in real life, cars usually don't fly up in the air 20 feet or more when hit by a truck.
The AI sucks just as bad -- nobody stops in the middle of an expressway, only to change lanes by turning their front wheels 45 degrees!
The AI sounds are a joke -- all cars sound like they're racing, and sound just the same, whether their difference in speed is 2 or 120 miles an hour, or they're 3 or 60 feet away. (so much for a credible Doppler effect...)
The same goes for the AI trucks, only those all sound like 50 year old farm tractors, that desperately need their tappet clearances checked.
The sounds of the player's trucks aren't much better -- only the idle and sudden full throttle sounds are more or less acceptable, all other engine sounds are just sped-up idle sounds.
So who cares if you can actually watch the driver shift gears? It's a fun gimmick, but I think they should have taken care of the glaring faults before taking the time to implement this.
Talking about drivers, am I correct in assuming the player's driver can only be male???

According to many, this game was supposed to blow SCS' 18 WoS series out of the water. Well, I just started 18 WoS Haulin' up briefly, and have to say it beats R'n'R hands down, except for a small difference in graphics quality, and the extent of the scenery. And it took them 5+ years, rides with actual truckers, and "real" sound recordings to come up with this?
This is no simulation, it's just an arcade game.

I was prepared to buy the Russian version for now, because it's only about 11 Euros, but I think it's not even worth that much. And to think I've been contemplating rigging a real 13 speed shifter, with working air actuators, for use with R'n'R...
and beleive me this is only the stuff u see from the videos posted here. don't even think about spending 1 penny on this coz u'll find even more annoying stuff when u actualy have it instaled. this is by far one of the WORST games i've ever tried. i guess Hard truck 2 King of the Road still remains the best trucking game ever.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

1c made one fault and that is release a game 50% of the buyers now don't understand. Cause we are impatient including me
It is a nice game but now you can't configure your options because you don't understand a thing of it. So a lot of things aren't configured to your profile yet, just give it a try when it's out in english.
Some guy translated almost all menu's and now it's starting to make some sense.
Menu: http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=48391
Controls(post : http://truckpol.proboards.com/index....y&thread=47843

Only the missions are a bit difficult cause I don't know what they are asking.