Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Reuban View Post
Two paladins is much more than one

That's how it goes. Take what you need and leave/modify rest. Settings look quite balanced but somewhat easy. Cyclops snake summon is quite powerful, yes.

Banner experience is k_lead on logic.txt.
Haha. I would not forget to mention that there was more fun with your mod than the original. Lately I noticed how much you boost pet spells (from 2 to 4 times) and playing with warrior hero is even easier. I'm afraid that in late game you are going to kill the whole army casting one spell by your dragon. I just don't pay enough attention to this correction. I would advice you playing with Mage caracter to focus enhancing common spells than pet ones. Especially destructive spells are pathetic. And I'm telling you that fact NOT judging by my warrior hero and by trying a lot of mods by using mage caracter. Thank you for your help. Unfortunatelly those stupid and illogical units abilities are maden with purpose corresponding to the hero companions and fixing all of them means to make a clear new mod. I don't have time for this and going to play as they are.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc_bayern View Post
Haha. I would not forget to mention that there was more fun with your mod than the original. Lately I noticed how much you boost pet spells (from 2 to 4 times) and playing with warrior hero is even easier. I'm afraid that in late game you are going to kill the whole army casting one spell by your dragon. I just don't pay enough attention to this correction. I would advice you playing with Mage caracter to focus enhancing common spells than pet ones. Especially destructive spells are pathetic. And I'm telling you that fact NOT judging by my warrior hero and by trying a lot of mods by using mage caracter. Thank you for your help. Unfortunatelly those stupid and illogical units abilities are maden with purpose corresponding to the hero companions and fixing all of them means to make a clear new mod. I don't have time for this and going to play as they are.
Pet dragon was adjusted for much higher a_lead. You can "fix" it by removing mod_pet_atom.kfs from Mods folder. No need to start new game and then it's like on Red sands.

Destructive spells are pathetic on purpose. Not very ultimate challenge if just using few spells destroy everything

Sadly, it's quite time consuming modding games. I know this but it's also rewarding. Glad you like my changes.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

After switching to Windows 10 (many years ago), King's Bounty Crossworlds no longer worked. I basically forgot this game but few months ago I tried again and this time game worked for some reason. Some caves were buggy but Windows 7 compatibility solved that. I continued my years old save (Ultimate Challenge 6) and so far almost all seems to be good. Some issues and workarounds:

- Tower of Eventus is (at least with my luck) impossible on Room of Fire (fifth floor) and afterwards. Not surprising because I wasn't able to modify it with editor. Solution: at level 37 cheating is allowed for Room of Fire, on level 38 same for Halls of Death and on level 39 same for Halls of Purest Life. Easiest cheating is probably: modify sessions\red_sands\config\spells.txt (take backup first) Armageddon for example, damage 5000000-7000000 and prc=0,0,0 is insta kill everything except your troops. For those thinking reaching level 37 is "too early", I can tell it requires huge effort since experience from battles is very low.

- Item Alukard works too well and I don't want to take any risk about breaking game disabling it hard way. Solution: Alukard works 5 times. After that it must be destroyed (having Neatness skill 1-3 is allowed).

- When King Harl reaches level 20 (gains enough experience for levelup from level 19 to 20), game crashes immediately. Solution: Put attached exp_system_cfg.txt into sessions\red_sands\exp_system and overwrite before King Harl is about to reach level 20. Levels 1-19 seem to work fine without it.

Still cannot be sure if endgame is too hard or not. It's very hard to balance this type of game to be ultra hard but not impossible. To be seen...
Attached Files
File Type: txt exp_system_cfg.txt (9.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Hello everyone. I want to share my experience and ask for help. First of all, thanks for the mod. Very impressed with the work done. The underground caves are great. As for the balance, there are some nuances. I managed to get all the cards of new islands or those that are extremely important for further advancement without fighting, deceiving enemies through these dungeons. Already at level 12, I received dragons and the necessary spells. Now, having returned to the debir, it just became boring to clear it. I would very much like to play at a super-impossible level with a 400% enemy. I would be grateful if they could explain to me how it can be connected. The Extended 0813 file I copied to red sends folder. But nothing is happening yet. Strength enemy still 240%
Old 12-01-2022, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofas75 View Post
Hello everyone. I want to share my experience and ask for help. First of all, thanks for the mod. Very impressed with the work done. The underground caves are great. As for the balance, there are some nuances. I managed to get all the cards of new islands or those that are extremely important for further advancement without fighting, deceiving enemies through these dungeons. Already at level 12, I received dragons and the necessary spells. Now, having returned to the debir, it just became boring to clear it. I would very much like to play at a super-impossible level with a 400% enemy. I would be grateful if they could explain to me how it can be connected. The Extended 0813 file I copied to red sends folder. But nothing is happening yet. Strength enemy still 240%
Hmm, email notifications do not work again.

To install "400% enemy difficulty", go to extended 0813 archive, open Ultimate Challenge File folder, copy files from there to (kbdirectory)/sessions/red_sands/config and start new game. Game may still show 240% strength however.

If that is still too easy, you may try 770% difficulty (it's ultra hard, be warned) http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/s...&postcount=141
Old 12-03-2022, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for your feedback. But I still have questions..
Firstly, how can I know that this is already 400% difficulty if it is not marked anywhere. By what signs? And how do I save my old saves, just in case. Since they will most likely be overwritten on the C drive.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. But I still have questions..
Firstly, how can I know that this is already 400% difficulty if it is not marked anywhere. By what signs? And how do I save my old saves, just in case. Since they will most likely be overwritten on the C drive.
Look at kbdirectory/sessions/red_sands/config/logic.txt

There is line like:

alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|4.0

That determines enemy strength for different difficulties. 4.0 = 400%. However you must start new game for that change to have any effect. Won't affect on old saves.

Your old saves should not be overwritten. You can backup them however, location is %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Crossworlds\$save
Old 12-06-2022, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Thanks for the answer. I'm already playing.

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I'm already playing. It looks like it's 400%, although I downloaded the file in the second link and hoped to get 700% difficulty. But for some reason it didn't overwrite. Nothing 400% is also very good. .By the way, the Ultimate Challenge 6.zip folder contains yellow folders, these are not kfs. So where should they be placed? I did it in the \sessions\red_sands\red_sands folder. Maybe I did something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (3.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg f.JPG (3.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Безымянный.JPG (3.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-06-2022, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I'm already playing. It looks like it's 400%, although I downloaded the file in the second link and hoped to get 700% difficulty. But for some reason it didn't overwrite. Nothing 400% is also very good. .By the way, the Ultimate Challenge 6.zip folder contains yellow folders, these are not kfs. So where should they be placed? I did it in the \sessions\red_sands\red_sands folder. Maybe I did something wrong?
That 400% should overwrite files, unless you have already done that. Paste all files into red_sands/config folder.

For Ultimate Challenge 6, paste all folders in red_sands directory and it will overwrite. Do not make new red_sands folder but use that /sessions/red_sands folder. In folder where you see config folder among others. So correct folder should be \sessions\red_sands, not \sessions\red_sands\red_sands.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

How can I increase the speed of restoration of the hero's magical power? It is very annoying to wait for 30 minutes.