Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Nuclear Union

Nuclear Union New post-apocalyptic role-playing game by Best Way.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Default Coop?

Hi

Do you have plans for multiplayer coop?. I have read that is party based, so, may be it's possible something like Baldur's Gate 2 or Neverwinter Nights. There is not many rpg games with multiplayer coop.

Regards
Old 01-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Screw coop! It seems like every game nowadays has to have coop. I just want a solid, immersive single-players experience for a change
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

i like your opinion. just Single Player, large Letters for more Emphasis.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Are you kidding?.

Why the single player experience has to be affected by a cooperative gameplay?. If this is party based, every party member could be taken by a human player, like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter...

Always the same answer when someone ask for cooperative. Is there not any other answer?. Did you know that p&p rpg was created for cooperative gameplay?. Do you prefer AI controlled team members than human?. Don't you have friends?. So, play single player, but leave the people who wants to play cooperative alone. Cooperative is not mandatory, you can choose. You can chose to play BG in single player, if you want. And I can choose cooperative mode. Would BG be better without cooperative?. This has not sense.

But... how many RPG games in the last 20 years had multiplayer coop?. Could you tell me 10?. So, why did you say "It seems like every game nowadays has to have coop". How many RPG's?.

I can't understand some people
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
...how many RPG games in the last 20 years had multiplayer coop?. Could you tell me 10?
I hate to be "that guy" but...

Diablo 3
WoW
Borderlands
Mount & Blade
Neverwinter Nights 2
Dark Souls
Mass Effect 3
Sacred 2
Icewind Dale II
Dungeon Siege
Dawn of Magic (1C game)

There's 11, and only one was a MMO, and I'm also leaving out the countless Japanese made games which come with co-op/MP on various platforms as standard.
I also didn't say Diablo 1, 2, 3 or list the other titles in certain series.
To put it simply - While you may be right that there aren't countless games with (good) co-op the fact of the matter is quite a few games have co-op these days and a lot of the time the game suffers as a result - Funds and time are diverted from the story, AI or other more important content so they can put functioning co-op into the game.

Personally I would rather they focus solely on SP and deliver a solid unique title. Perhaps if the game is a success future titles could include a co-op function, or they could go down the route of adding it to the game through DLC if possible.

But I would have to agree with the other 2, Single Player first and foremost.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Yeah i prefer the devs to focus on sp and then make co-op if the have the funds etc

Although there's a lack of updates and it's sad
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

While I enjoy SP games, I really hope they add Co-op as I always wished to be able to play in the Stalker / Metro type environments with some friends for support or help or just share a good experience with and have a good time.

I don't see why the game cannot have both experiences, especially being a party / group type game. Just have the SP party people be controlled by AI and when Co-op, the party members can be controlled by real people, with the "hoster" of the game being the main character.