Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

I dont know ive never played king of the road constering i choud never find it in the store in the usa but for me i do like playing RNR when i had the chance and im hopeing this computer my dad gave me will run it but i use to drive a truck in real life and i must say between 18wos haulin and RNR id say RNR is 100% better than any of the scs games ever made sorry to brust anyone's bubble but thats how i feel

@USA Trucker,
I whoud have to kinda like maybe 20% agree with you USA Trucker but if i rember right now stop me if im wrong but dont truckers in real life timed? get hurry up and get there? kinda stuff "dad and i were truckers" im not trying to be rude but im just putting my 2 cents in i like to have timmed loads makes it more life like

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-19-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Merged Posting Into One.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerguy82 View Post
@USA Trucker,
I whoud have to kinda like maybe 20% agree with you USA Trucker but if i rember right now stop me if im wrong but dont truckers in real life timed? get hurry up and get there? kinda stuff "dad and i were truckers" im not trying to be rude but im just putting my 2 cents in i like to have timmed loads makes it more life like
Sure they are, but not like the game depicts. If you were a little late, say like an hour or two due to traffic or some other unforeseen reason your load would still be accepted, and you were not fined. I always had a cell phone back then, and always kept my client informed of my whereabouts, and ETA. I have never had a concrete unforgiving delivery time. I don’t believe I was ever more than one hour late for any delivery.

In the 80’s & 90’s, when I drove for 2 company’s, my instructions were usually be there by the morning, afternoon or night. Sometimes I would get a time, but it was something like be there by around 9am. Never a concrete time. I have seen a few habitual late drivers get fined, or dismissed, but this was rare, and those guys were as I said habitual late drivers.

I was usually early, because I didn’t want to wait for the other guy to unload his truck. Clients would never refuse a delivery, because it would cost them more money to not have a load, than to have one late. This is especially true for consumer retaled deliveries (supermarkets, drug stores, auto parts, electronics, etc).

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

well, I wouldn't say it would surpass the 18wos series, it came along way from the original. The other thing is better truck selection, and I really hate the views in this game, I want my in cab view back, where u can view the dashboard, or is that just a cabover thing?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Approved Member

Hello & welcome to the forum.

You can see the dashboard, and everywhere else inside the thruck. You're just not using the proper Keys.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

SATrucker,

I don’t want to keep telling you these things, but this thread is for RIG ‘n’ ROLL in comparison with KING of the ROAD. Not 18 WoS or EURO. Pay attention to what a thread topic is, and what it discusses.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-01-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
If RnR had better truck physics, traffic lights, stop signs, pedestrians, CB interface, and the fatigue factor. It would easily surpass 18WoS.
Agreed
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

To bad the developers jumped ship. This could have been a much better game if it were fixed up properly.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
To bad the developers jumped ship. This could have been a much better game if it were fixed up properly.
Good day

You mean that 1C will not have a sequal to the game?

That's bad....I Thought we will have an update or something.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

I have made this comment more than once in the Patch's/Update section of this forum. Don't act so surprised. The developers jumped ship, shortly after the game was out, and made few, if at all patch's to the game.