Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Default Sudden loss of control

Hi,

I bought the game from Wildtangent/wildgames yesterday and I've noticed a weird issue which I dont know if is a bug or some "feature" of the game like tiredness or something.

When driving the rig it can suddenly violently turn left or right usually ending up crashing into another car/barrier or jackknifing the rig. This has happened with and without cruise control, locations are random.

At first I thought it might be some "falling asleep at the wheel" thing but was not aware this is a feature in the game. Also thought it might be a tire blow out. Is there such features or is this a bug?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

The argosy cabover has a tendancy to spin out of control when braking, Using the Jake Brake helps with this.

Are you braking when thing happens?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

This happens without using the brakes, most of the time I'm just going in a straight line, sometimes round a bend.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formant View Post
This happens without using the brakes, most of the time I'm just going in a straight line, sometimes round a bend.
Aside from the mouse & keyboard, what other control devices do you have connected? This, and a few other games have a problem when running several control devices at the same time. IE: Steering wheel, joystick, 360 pad, and others.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

no other controllers connected.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Registered Member

you mentioned it sometimes happens going around a bend..

if you turn too sharply, the truck will...get a little stupid on you.

were you by chance, holding down your multiplier key then maybe making a course adjustment? like... <-- is normal left..but if you hold ctrl + <-- then its fast left.

(<-- = left arrow key)
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

This game is very difficult to run soley on a keyboard/mouse. If you don't have a steering wheel device, I simply would not invest in it. There are so many things going on that a keyboard/mouse is just not practical.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-11-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Default none

Are you running with ACC (cruise control) on?
This gizmo has a tendency to slam the brakes when adjusting speed to vehicle in front. So going above 65 mph with any truck will often make you crash. above 70 and it's all going to hell fast.

Otherwise, adjust your sensitivity. both steer and center sliders. a must for keyboard. I have very little problems actually.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

I've noticed that, especially over 65mp/h, and putting the jakebrake on at highspeeds, then applying the brakes, and even slightly turning is nearly always ugly, lol.