Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation If you have any questions re: WotN, submit them here for the devs!

hey everyone,

since Warriors of the North is about to be released within a short period of time, we want to give you a unique chance to ask the game devs/producers what you are eager to know about the game!
Post your questions/inquiries here and we'll put them into a F.A.Q. section @ the official website and FB page.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

What means short period of time?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

can you please work on the editor so that people can make custom campaigns? as of right now, i have seen like 1 custom campaign, whereas for games like heroes of might and magic 3, there are tens of thousands of custom maps/campaigns.

it doesn't have to be perfect at the time of release, but a future patch that makes the editor more user-friendly would be nice.

---a loyal fan of KB series from Canada!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

a list of questions that would get asked a lot:

1, Is King's Bounty: Warriors of the North stand alone?

2, What does the main menu look like?

3, How much does the game cost? Can you buy collector's edition of the game? devs' signatures, goodies etc.

4, Is there any current plan to release expansion packs like Crossworlds? If yes, ETA?

5, Is there any current plan to release a sequel (not an expansion pack)? If yes, ETA?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Will the game be made available on physical media, and sold through Amazon, etc ?
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Will it be available through Steam?

Are the useless spells made useful?

Last edited by Totoro; 08-25-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Well these are questions for the developer; not the publisher so i ahve a couple of specific questions for developers

1) Have there been many changes in the mechanics or graphic engine of the game ?

2) For a given release is most of the time spent on the game engine or on map design ?

3) How are maps designed internally ?

4) and most important are there more kb games in the work ?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Random

Developers,

I love the KB series, keep up the great work! One improvement that I would like to see has to do with randomness. In prior games, I have found it frustrating to make it half way through a game only to figure out that an item that I really wanted to tinker with was unavailable. I would end up using the save game scanner and generating dozens of games just to ensure that the items I wanted to experiment with were present. Could you incorporate an option so that all items are present in a game?

Versive
Old 08-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

@versive If you play cards do you get all you want, or just go with hand that is delt ? This game`s great feature is it`s randomness, and making player do with what is available. If you really want every item in game shift + tilda(~) and go nuts. Since there is no world championship in KB, or you get ban from some server for cheating it`s free to use. I got every game (tL , AP and CW) once clean no cheating, just to see how it goes but after that i went with cheat codes to try certain builds (expl : I wanted all range army so after i got Trigger and units wanted, I cheated archer crit% items for me. Since gold is almost never an issue here it didnt matter much, and in the end who cares ?).
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Some questions from my side:
  • Will there be new objects on the battle (arena) maps?
  • Will there be new objects on the adventure map?
  • How many (special) abilities does each valkyrie have?
  • How can XP for your mount be gained (as said in the first trailer) and what effects do they have?
  • Regarding the possibility to forge items….how does that work? Does the player have to put pieces together, does he have to collect some kind of resource, is a special skill required or something totally different?
  • As far as I could see, Olaf has 8 slots for items….regarding the type of items that can be equipped, do they vary depending on the class the player chooses?
  • Can the player decide in which round of a battle his Viking units use their runes or is that limited to the first three rounds?
  • How many spells will be in the game and will we have the possiblity to find all from AP/CW in our spellbooks?
  • How many quests can we expect….a number close to the one from TL? More? Less?
  • How many new units can be found in the game?
  • Will there be item-/artifact-sets?
  • Is it possible to change the main Valkyrie (and to have the chance to complete the special quest for all Valkyries) or is that an irreversible single decision?
  • Which parts of the world of TL will we see in WOTN?
  • Will Olaf meet NPCs known from TL?

Greets

J.B.