Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Zuti MDS Still Not Ready For Prime Time.

DT crew, I suspect you are already dealing with this show stopping issue, and also suspect that it will probably kill inclusion of the Zuti MDS in an official release.

I am speaking of the problem of time synchronization for all players, especially those that join a map in progress that has been running for some time, as is the case for most "dog fight" servers online.

This issue is not apparent for players that join a map when it is launched, as would be the case in a traditional co-op, or in the case of a "dogfight" server as used in an online war scenario when all plays must join at the beginning.

However if you come in to a server that has been running for some time you will have issues with moving objects not being where others see them as your time reference with the server (or whatever it is called) is not synchronized with the sever or other players. This is especially apparent for vehicles moving on the ground, and for ships.

This has been a problem since the introduction of the Zuti Moving Dogfight Server "modlet", and it has still not been properly addressed in the latest version of that code.

It's a genuine pity too, as the inclusion of the MDS into the official versions of the sim would be a bonanza for mission builders, as when it works it totally changes the join when you want dogfight server by giving a quantum leap to immersion.

I hope this can be worked out, as if it would work, it would be a big nail in the coffin of mods for me, and many others.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Last edited by ElAurens; 11-14-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

I can't say I've ever experienced the issue myself ElAurens, despite having played on UK3_MDF (90 minute maps, usually) very frequently up until shortly after the release of MDS 1.13. How long does the map have to be running before this lack of synchronisation becomes apparent? Is it related to players having poor connections, etc.?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

I have much admiration for Zuti and the effort put into MDS series.

Unfortunately I never found it to be 100% stable for inclusion into an official IL2 1946 update/patch.

Synchronization issues after 90 mins seems to to still be a problem.

Also the novelty of RRR wears off quickly, most pilots simply hit refly as they cant be bothered to wait for the RRR timer to finnish.

I wonder if making it possible to RRR in a Coop mission would have been easier
Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Well, that rrr-timer problem is easily fixed, just have 10 min. flighttime from spawn to front
Closer to the front one can rrr.
That also leads to better care for ones plane!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

S!

Zuti works hard on MDS and I have not had any issues with it. This 90min problem can be avoided by making missions 90min as not many even have the patience to play any longer The furball of death forms within 5min of the start and stays there until end
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

I haven't experienced the synchronisation problem (probably just coincidence) but RRR is a big attraction where the base, 'fly from', fields are in the rear and there are forward fields for RRR. I wish that was used more

Historically for instance, RAF Manston was used as a forward fighter field but not much as a base field as the BoB wore on because it was too near the enemy and getting hammered. Still, probably getting a bit off-topic.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Hm, author of this topic is correct, actually. Such things can happen. The reason for this are spikes in network traffic. Won't go into details. But 1.2 is fine. All new solution.

Just a note about RRR: it is entirely mission builder decision. If he enables refly, well, even I would not do an RRR then. But I prefer missions that have refly disabled entirely. Forces people to think how they fly. Real tactics come alive on such servers/missions. Otherwise it's just: if I am out of ammo, I'll ram you. I can always refly. Fun, but hardly realistic (since must enthusiasts here strive to reach that).

Last edited by |ZUTI|; 11-15-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ZUTI| View Post
Won't go into details. But 1.2 is fine. All new solution.

So this is the v4.10 official release version ?

I tested many versions of the MDS in beta form upto v1.1 v1.11 v1.12 v1.13 and the statement " is fine. All new solution" is one I have heard before, but incorrect.

I really hope this v1.2 is 100% fixed for v4.10.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

I am sorry you have such bad experience with MDS. Honestly, I don't recall any issue reports from you. If I missed them, I apologize. :\ I also noticed that you are under the impression that RRR does not work with coops. It should. May I ask on how you tested this? Perhaps I can help.

As for official release, I'm not the one to disclose such things. I hope you understand.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Thank you so much , Zuti MDS is awesome.

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Closed Thread