Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Default CoD Flight Models?

We have all seen the weekly updates for many months now and they are always focused on the appearance of the new sim. But what is the word on how the flight modeling will be? Is it going to be different from what was in IL-2? Any idea on if it will feel even more like natural flight that what we've experienced with IL-2?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjisme View Post
We have all seen the weekly updates for many months now and they are always focused on the appearance of the new sim. But what is the word on how the flight modeling will be? Is it going to be different from what was in IL-2? Any idea on if it will feel even more like natural flight that what we've experienced with IL-2?
Natural flight is for feathered creatures...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

FWIW many reports from Igromir visitors have described the flight models as more refined and more difficult, and definitely different from Il2. Considering that people mostly played briefly in a different environment from what they were used to from their home setup, it's hard to say what that means in the end. Then again there were quite a lot of such reports so I'd assume there was some truth in it.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
FWIW many reports from Igromir visitors have described the flight models as more refined and more difficult, and definitely different from Il2. Considering that people mostly played briefly in a different environment from what they were used to from their home setup, it's hard to say what that means in the end. Then again there were quite a lot of such reports so I'd assume there was some truth in it.
Thanks for that. I hadn't seen those reports. I'm actually pretty surprised at the general lack of discussion here about the FMs, actually. It is a flight sim after all. This is going to be one of the most important things to get right in SoW, as far as I am concerned. If it looks beautiful, breathtaking, superlative, etc. but the FM is lacking, I can't see spending a lot of time playing the game. I am not trying to be negative here -- my hope and expectation is that Oleg is taking care that the FM is top quality. So I'm buying the game when it comes out. But, again, I just haven't seen a lot of discussion about that and I don't know if that is due to a lack of interest or exactly why.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepp View Post
Sure, my choice of words was probably not best. I'm looking for whether the FM will be improved over IL-2, improving the sense of realism.

Last edited by arjisme; 01-23-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

Oh man what are you fellows smoking?? The game is not even out yet none of us have ever played it so that every comment is only guess work.....what next, will the pigs in CoD have the proper load out? And can they out run a Spitfire 5000lbs? Has a sack of rice toppeled over in China? Will a Napkin fall properly? Will the cows make proper cow pies? One could just as well speculate will Spaceball 1 join in with ludacris speed?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

For a game that has been in process for so long and now due for less than 2 months I would also like to know what exactly are the changes or improvements to the FM.The op post is as legit as any other,he is just asking.There's a lot of intolerance in this forum,I didnt expect this.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

Sometimes the best answer is the simplest. " What will the flight models be like in COD?" Knowing Oleg the best answer is: Accurate.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepp View Post
Yes indeed.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjisme View Post
Sure, my choice of words was probably not best. I'm looking for whether the FM will be improved over IL-2, improving the sense of realism.
No, no, your words were alright.

I was just teasing you.

Besides bats or flies don’t have any feathers.

On a more serious tone.

I also expect the flight models to be as accurate as our platforms allow it.

No less.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Yes indeed.

Last edited by Sepp; 01-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs [CV] View Post
Sometimes the best answer is the simplest. " What will the flight models be like in COD?" Knowing Oleg the best answer is: Accurate.
Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner!

I think there'll be many people that post here that haven't followed along with IL2 and with the development of Cliffs of Dover. (Basically Oleg's method of madness) It takes a bit of time on the forums to realize just how painstakingly anal Oleg is about everything. Just look at the animation of the pilot ejecting. The pilot's boots even wrinkle as his legs bend. Oleg is nuts, but in a good way

@ the OP

I don't think you'll find that many FM questions brought up here unless the FM doesn't match the flight test data upon release. The huge majority of IL2's FM is spot on. It's safe to assume the FM in CoD will also be painstakingly accurate.

ATAG Forums + Stats