Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Defender of the Crown - high score/highlights/combat statistics

I figured I'd start a high score thread, one for each campaign. But instead of just focusing on the high score, I would like to make it a trend to have people post both the highlights screen as well as the combat statistics screen; and if possible, the character screen as well. I really want the high score thread to be informative as well, especially for newer players who would like some idea as to how veteran players play the game: class chosen, skills selection, units used, and items used.

Given my hope for this thread, please do post your results no matter what your score is or difficulty you played. That way even veteran players could gain some insight on other play styles and tactics employed. So please post your results! Also, it is recommended to post your images in JPEG format since it is smaller in size and you could see a preview of the attachment. The screenshots in KB are saved in bitmap format; simple right-click and "edit" it and Windows will open it using Paint. From there, just choose "save as" and select JPEG format.

My latest impossible paladin no-loss game for DotC; level 29; final score: 793.

Highlights and combat statistics screen attached, as well as a character screen that shows the full skill selection, items and units used just before the final battle.

EDIT: Added my spellbook screen. Also, aside from the 7 total fixed battles in the campaign I fought the following suppression battles: spiked boots x2, adept's staff, advisor's dress, ring of power x2, archmage's staff, silver ring, mask of hate, and golden ring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DotC high score 1.jpg (699.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg DotC high score 2.jpg (718.0 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg DotC char screen.jpg (355.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg DotC spells2.jpg (70.8 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-16-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

Posting my first impossible paladin no-loss game for DotC; level 26; final score: 763.

Unit composition was totally different for this game, thus necessitating a slightly different skills tree build.

EDIT: Added my spellbook screen. Also, aside from the 7 total fixed battles in the campaign I fought the following suppression battles: golden boots, magician's cloak, magician's cape, snake ring of wisdom, steel belt, and dress of the princess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DotC high score 1.jpg (699.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DotC high score 2.jpg (700.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DotC char screen.jpg (362.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DotC spells1.jpg (67.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-16-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

congrats!!!

what suppressions did you do exactly. how many AK and how were they used?

what spells did you use?

Last edited by axelle; 10-16-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Thanks! I updated my previous two posts with a screenshot of the spellbook (showing all 3 schools of magic) as well as a list of the suppression battles.

For my level 26 game I had 3 AK scrolls and used them for all battles except for the medals battle and the 1st hero battle (13 battles total, 11 with AK).

For my level 29 game I had 3 AK scrolls and used them for all battles except for the medals battle and the first 2 hero battles (17 battles total, 14 with AK).
Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

you might wanna see if you can replay the initial save and hit 30.

the weapon that you start with, Inquisitor's Blade

Increases 1 after each battle, +2 if enemy undeads
Decreases +4 humans/elves, +3 Inquisitors/Paladins

so if you load until the enemies on the second island are humans (the first one robber, the second one knight) then those two fights will get the morale of that sword to 0 and you can suppress it which is a level 4 suppression that will get you to 30 or maybe even 31.

Last edited by axelle; 10-16-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Thanks! I updated my previous two posts with a screenshot of the spellbook (showing all 3 schools of magic) as well as a list of the suppression battles.

For my level 26 game I had 3 AK scrolls and used them for all battles except for the medals battle and the 1st hero battle (13 battles total, 11 with AK).

For my level 29 game I had 3 AK scrolls and used them for all battles except for the medals battle and the first 2 hero battles (17 battles total, 14 with AK).

score... 793
kb 2010-10-16.jpg

Before last battle....
kb 2010-10-16 16-01-45-84.jpg

I have only one AK scroll

I have try reach level 30 but I come to level 29 too...

I buy 1 AK scroll on second island but dont use it on final battle so I think if I have fix one more AK scroll on first Island I have been level 30...

I give up now...shall not play it again but that was fun play
Old 10-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
you might wanna see if you can replay the initial save and hit 30.

the weapon that you start with, Inquisitor's Blade

Increases 1 after each battle, +2 if enemy undeads
Decreases +4 humans/elves, +3 Inquisitors/Paladins

so if you load until the enemies on the second island are humans (the first one robber, the second one knight) then those two fights will get the morale of that sword to 0 and you can suppress it which is a level 4 suppression that will get you to 30 or maybe even 31.
That is definitely worth a try, thanks for the tip! I actually reloaded till I got dwarves for enemies and lizardmen items for the second island since the dwarf heroes had larger armies and gave more XP and getting the lizardmen items meant you are assured two suppressions (ring of power x2). I do have the original start save as well as saves for each and every battle done, so I'll try this out. This means not using the Inquisitor's Blade for the whole of the 1st island though as I chose demon enemies, and even the medals battle spawned vampires.

Even if this tip doesn't push it past level 30 I think level 30 is still possible. I got unlucky with the suppression battles, the game generating few enemies, thus resulting in lower XP. Archmage's Staff and Mask of Hate barely gave me 14k+ (Mask of Hate battle in my CotA game gave me 25k+); same with Advisor's Dress (5.8k) and Golden Ring (7.5k). A tinge of tough love there, I had the firepower to suppress more enemies than the game generated (I didn't have to reload a single suppression battle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfix666 View Post
score... 793
Attachment 3682

Before last battle....
Attachment 3683

I have only one AK scroll

I have try reach level 30 but I come to level 29 too...

I buy 1 AK scroll on second island but dont use it on final battle so I think if I have fix one more AK scroll on first Island I have been level 30...

I give up now...shall not play it again but that was fun play
Congratulations! But you know what? You can most likely hit level 30 with this game! Aside from taking Axelle's tip with the Inquisitor's Blade you could abuse the relative easiness of the medals battle to cough up an extra AK scroll. I myself didn't need to in my game since the starting castle already sold 3 AKs, but if an extra AK is the only thing preventing you from getting level 30... dragon dig away!

But rest for now... that was definitely a good game. Then if you have finished CotA and OotM and have nothing else to play...

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-16-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

ok, what troops did you use lore for the suppression fights? how did you do the mask of hate fight as a paladin? i would like to learn how to play a paladin!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelle View Post
ok, what troops did you use lore for the suppression fights? how did you do the mask of hate fight as a paladin? i would like to learn how to play a paladin!
For my latest game I went with guard droid-repair droid (split stack) for most of the game, with Mask of Hate necessitating me to get a full stack of red dragons (no black dragons were available).

The tactic was quite simple: kill all towers first, then kill the troops. Evil towers really need to die first since their lightning could do the most damage to the droids. Mass haste and teleport helps a lot in the mobility of the guard droids.

I held off in using the red dragons since I thought it would be a pain to keep them no-loss, but I had no choice since the Mask of Hate battle looked too tough for the droids. In that particular battle, the friendly towers were equally dangerous since they could summon red dragon and archdemon stacks. Demon portal helped there as well as I was able to cast it one time during the battle and it summoned a stack of archdemons.

Mask of Hate suppression battle screenshot attached.

Playing paladin is just like playing a weaker warrior. I chose paladin over warrior for the short campaigns because I wasn't sure if not being able to grab Learning 3 asap on such a short campaign would make a difference or not; and when in doubt, choose the safer route. Anyways, I knew I would go warrior for OotM, so playing paladin here is ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle 15 - mask of hate.jpg (537.8 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-16-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
For my latest game I went with guard droid-repair droid (split stack) for most of the game, with Mask of Hate necessitating me to get a full stack of red dragons (no black dragons were available).

The tactic was quite simple: kill all towers first, then kill the troops. Evil towers really need to die first since their lightning could do the most damage to the droids. Mass haste and teleport helps a lot in the mobility of the guard droids.

I held off in using the red dragons since I thought it would be a pain to keep them no-loss, but I had no choice since the Mask of Hate battle looked too tough for the droids. In that particular battle, the friendly towers were equally dangerous since they could summon red dragon and archdemon stacks. Demon portal helped there as well as I was able to cast it one time during the battle and it summoned a stack of archdemons.

Mask of Hate suppression battle screenshot attached.

Playing paladin is just like playing a weaker warrior. I chose paladin over warrior for the short campaigns because I wasn't sure if not being able to grab Learning 3 asap on such a short campaign would make a difference or not; and when in doubt, choose the safer route. Anyways, I knew I would go warrior for OotM, so playing paladin here is ok.
learning 3 early makes little to no difference. the suppression fights and last fight together is roughly 90% of the exp. so boosting the first 10% by 30% is really nothing. but the weapon that the paladin uses is definitely a plus.

i need to ask, if your second island ally is lizard, then where did you get the hand of necropolis?