Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Okay, you definitely need Paladins (the unit). There's a cool trick that you might not be aware of; you can get the first stone on Bolo without having to fight at all. You will need to get into the underground cavern with the droids, click on the head droid that you are supposed to defeat for the stone. He'll attack - you run away. Kite around him and get the item which you return to the place on Debir for the stone. It's an amulet and you can use it for +50 leadership as well. Once you've done that, you should be able to buy Paladins at the Mage tower on Debir. Normally there's only 11 or so, which should be fine for your current leadership.

With Paladins, your job of clearing Bolo without losses should be much easier. You need spawned units (I can highly recommend the Engineer for this) and maybe Slow spells on the strongest bear stack. The Engineer kicks ass in that he has a shock grenade which blinds troops too.

EDIT: just in general, you don't need to grind your way through Bolo at this stage. What you need is the map to Rusty Anchor or better yet Verona. This may involve a difficult fight but with the Paladins you should be able to manage. Once you've got the Verona map you're golden. There's a ton of loot there that you can kite and normally access to Paladins and Royal Griffins, which were my two staple units for Armored Princess campaigns. It's a bit boring and I'm sure that there are different ways to ensure no-losses, but Paladins are pretty much essential I believe, unless you're going for a single unit attempt, and you would do that as a Mage, not a Paladin.
Thanks, I know that trick - I always get the first stone that way (sometimes I have to reload before entering the catacombs, as the boss droid is not always kite-able.

I got the stone back, but they have only 6 paladins (and I could recruit much more). But no problems - I found 18+5 Horsemen on Rusty Anchor and Scarlet Wind, so they are standing in for the Paladins for now (I can use 12 now). Even got 7 Royal Griffins with a Wind Walker scroll.

I'm doing Bolo now, and it's much easier - my Rune Mage and Royal Griffins spawn summons, Inquisitors/Rune Mages resurrect, and Horsemen and Royal Griffins tank. I use Guardsmen too or Witch Hunters -depending on the enemy troops, sometimes that magic lock comes very handy.

I agree with you about Verona - it is like a sweets-shop for units and items. But, the troops guarding the map are still "lethal" or "very strong" so I'll clean out everyone I can before trying to attack them (and unfortunately, sometimes they are guarding a map I already have).

And yep, Paladins/Royal Griffins rock. On my first walkthrough of AP, I deliberately tried out all the new units first, then went with an all-Lizardmen army when I got to Reha. My initial army was: Trolls, Paladins, Royal Griffins, Guard Droids and Repair Droids. Never lost a unit with that combo.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Thanks, I know that trick - I always get the first stone that way (sometimes I have to reload before entering the catacombs, as the boss droid is not always kite-able.

I got the stone back, but they have only 6 paladins (and I could recruit much more). But no problems - I found 18+5 Horsemen on Rusty Anchor and Scarlet Wind, so they are standing in for the Paladins for now (I can use 12 now). Even got 7 Royal Griffins with a Wind Walker scroll.

I'm doing Bolo now, and it's much easier - my Rune Mage and Royal Griffins spawn summons, Inquisitors/Rune Mages resurrect, and Horsemen and Royal Griffins tank. I use Guardsmen too or Witch Hunters -depending on the enemy troops, sometimes that magic lock comes very handy.

I agree with you about Verona - it is like a sweets-shop for units and items. But, the troops guarding the map are still "lethal" or "very strong" so I'll clean out everyone I can before trying to attack them (and unfortunately, sometimes they are guarding a map I already have).

And yep, Paladins/Royal Griffins rock. On my first walkthrough of AP, I deliberately tried out all the new units first, then went with an all-Lizardmen army when I got to Reha. My initial army was: Trolls, Paladins, Royal Griffins, Guard Droids and Repair Droids. Never lost a unit with that combo.
That's kinda my problem with this game now in that some units are so strong that I just continue to use them even when I want to try something else. I started off using the Orcs a bit, but I never had my adrenaline high enough to see much of their best abilities, so I traded them out for good old Paladins, Royal Griffins and Inquisitors. These three are awesome every time. Royal Thorns are great except for the problem in resurrecting them, and so I'll probably trade them out for Knights or Horsemen at some point. The only new unit that I have actually used extensively is the Engineer, which they are some outstanding unit items for.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

I have the same problem with very good units, but lately, reading what DGD said, I've been using undeads. They are awesome and very fun to play with.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
That's kinda my problem with this game now in that some units are so strong that I just continue to use them even when I want to try something else. I started off using the Orcs a bit, but I never had my adrenaline high enough to see much of their best abilities, so I traded them out for good old Paladins, Royal Griffins and Inquisitors. These three are awesome every time. Royal Thorns are great except for the problem in resurrecting them, and so I'll probably trade them out for Knights or Horsemen at some point. The only new unit that I have actually used extensively is the Engineer, which they are some outstanding unit items for.

I managed to resist the urge to use killer units. In the original Legend, Royal Snakes and Black dragons rocked, but I have not used a single one in my second walkthrough, going instead with an all-undead army (prior to getting undead, of course I used some other units, and I did use Emerald Green Dragons and Werewolves sometimes).

Even in the first AP walkthrough I told you about, I later dismissed all these units (Trolls, Paladins) for Lizardmen - my line-up was Gorguls, Gorguanas, Tirexes, Hayterants and Brontors. They implement each other quite well - Tirexes tank, Gorguls are the main damage dealers, Hayterants do hit-and run attacks or summon (the egg is also a great shooter-blocker), while Brontors are just very versatile, depending on the situation they can charge right into the enemy lines, or sit back and work as ranged attackers.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

I'd be interested in hearing the theory behind using only droids lads

Also the paladin Royal Griffin tactic. I mainly use warrior and paladin so i'm yet to see this startegy for myself without going 30+ rounds of combat, thisis not my idea of fun.

thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

well, it's too hard for me to play the entire again and again

so i just play for fun~~

goblin shamans can make huge damage at round1 with warrior's skill
(onslaught and rage control,kill at least 15+red dragon and more in late game)

but after that, they cant do better then the little goblins who now get +1damage at LV2 Adrenaline,goblin Catapult have +2 fire damage at LV2 Adrenaline,all this making goblins the best DPS in APCW

it's still easy to beat creeps but hard to keep no loss with Low level troops~~unless i have enough resistant-items

this game i'm not lucky enough

Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_101006_003.JPG (426.1 KB, 472 views)
File Type: jpg screen_101006_004.JPG (428.6 KB, 466 views)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornxp View Post
so i just play for fun~~
Is there any other way to play?

Master! You are back! I need your enlightenment: does your KBAP fastest route still hold in KBCW, or do the new quests entail some changes? I see a day 9 finish; new minimum days to complete all quests, or just an effect of the "play for fun"?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

So I'm currently doing mage impossible around level 13 and finding the game much harder than kb-ap. Can you describe your strategy at low level (I've not yet been to verona as I can't kit that group or kill them yet in bolo). Perhaps I am using the wrong troups (I have paladin, royal snake, 5 thorns, beholder and inquist (but I suspect the inquist are a waste)). Hum. Nothing left to kill on rusty, everything but group guarding verona map on bolo and stuff on rusty anchor is still too hard so i'm feeling stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornxp View Post
well, it's too hard for me to play the entire again and again

so i just play for fun~~

goblin shamans can make huge damage at round1 with warrior's skill
(onslaught and rage control,kill at least 15+red dragon and more in late game)

but after that, they cant do better then the little goblins who now get +1damage at LV2 Adrenaline,goblin Catapult have +2 fire damage at LV2 Adrenaline,all this making goblins the best DPS in APCW

it's still easy to beat creeps but hard to keep no loss with Low level troops~~unless i have enough resistant-items
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
So I'm currently doing mage impossible around level 13 and finding the game much harder than kb-ap. Can you describe your strategy at low level (I've not yet been to verona as I can't kit that group or kill them yet in bolo). Perhaps I am using the wrong troups (I have paladin, royal snake, 5 thorns, beholder and inquist (but I suspect the inquist are a waste)). Hum. Nothing left to kill on rusty, everything but group guarding verona map on bolo and stuff on rusty anchor is still too hard so i'm feeling stuck
Why don't you get the green dragon from Rusty anchor and use it as a tank, that will help.

I got access to the first 4 quite early on by kiteing and even have the map for Tekron at lvl 17. Goblin sharmans destroy my army on Verona lol how the HELL! do you deal with there astral attack!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
Why don't you get the green dragon from Rusty anchor and use it as a tank, that will help.

I got access to the first 4 quite early on by kiteing and even have the map for Tekron at lvl 17. Goblin sharmans destroy my army on Verona lol how the HELL! do you deal with there astral attack!
You need the crown of chaos and ghost armor, but even then you will probably get demolished.

A few key things you can do

- Disable them with magic shackles
- Do NOT feed any orc units with a summon/fodder/tank, since feeding ANY orc unit a kill will beef up EVERY enemy orc unit's adrenaline, which will increase their damage against you.
- If you do go with the "feed" / summon / fodder route because you have no choice, make sure you can counter attack hard, or continue to get them to keep hitting your fodder. They will target some key units, so try to use glot's armor, or phantom that unit, etc.

It's terribly risky though, so get ready for some massive resurrection.

I have put off some of those battles, even if I was +10 levels over the enemy hero, only because of their sheer firepower.