Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Hi all! Long time no see! Been busy lately but finally managed to get some serious CW time in over the last 2 weeks.

Regarding the kiting, i haven't noticed any difference at all between CW and AP. All map guards are kiteable except the Rusty Anchor Cemetary. That includes Elon map on Verona if it spawns near the bridge and Verona map on Bolo on top of the hill. (If Verona map doesn't spawn on Scarlet). However there is one normal Guard in the River of Memory that won't move now. It's at the small cemetery next to where the Sheterra map sometimes spawns.

If anyone is having problems, let me know and i'll offer any assistance i can.

@Onepiece; Which unit doesn't move on Scarlet? Can you post a save for me and i'll give it a try? I haven't found any that won't move.

P.S. If someone can tell me how to take sceenshots, i would be happy to post some as proof/help to others.

Last edited by travelingoz; 10-17-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure how you got some guardians to move. There are a LOT that only move when you go straight into their face, and then the battle commences immediatly, you have no time to run away. The Knight next to the Mage Tower in Verona, the Griffins in the griffin hatchery (also Verona), the Assassin stack guarding the map on Rusty Anchor in the cemetery, and there are many more.

The few that were kiteable were pretty hard to do, as they move 1 square then immediatly stop, and often go back instead of following you further.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I'm not sure how you got some guardians to move. There are a LOT that only move when you go straight into their face, and then the battle commences immediatly, you have no time to run away. The Knight next to the Mage Tower in Verona, the Griffins in the griffin hatchery (also Verona), the Assassin stack guarding the map on Rusty Anchor in the cemetery, and there are many more.

The few that were kiteable were pretty hard to do, as they move 1 square then immediatly stop, and often go back instead of following you further.
It is almost a Dark Science to do. I'm able to do it fairly well, but it is more like you have to play "chicken" with them.

You BARELY reach the point where they will chase, and you have a tiny gap of time before you run away.

If you run too fast, they won't chase far. So you have to barely run away, so as to bait them to follow.

You then slow-walk away, to ensure they follow. Move too fast, they will stand there confused, and it is semi-hard to get them to re-lock on to you to chase again.

Move too slow, and battle ensues.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Trouble is, there is a sizeable time needed for Amelie to turn around, and by that time, the enemy catches up to you. It is easier to do when you can fly, I grant that...
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

You mock-attack them using a 45+-degree angle and never straight on because, as you've noted, Amelie turns too slow.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

In some places, due to the terrain (Verona near the bridge or Elon between the 2 castles for example), you have no choice but to approach straight on. However, our princess is quite the equestrian and it is doable!

BTW: What are the hot keys for taking screen shots? I'd like to post a few.

Last edited by travelingoz; 10-18-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

So, you questioned my math, for that I must defend my honour!

Odds of you NOT getting a rune, assuming two separate rolls for each:

Per battle = 23/25 * 23/25 = .8464 (84.6%)
For 12 battles = .8464^12 = .1351.. (13.5%)
Odds of getting at least one rune = 1-.1351 = 86.4%

You take the inverse, since the odds of something happening + the odds of it NOT happening = 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
[edit]
Ah, been a while since I did probability.

Your odds of getting at least one rune should be even higher, at 87.6% (unless the calculator i'm using is incorrect).

That is assuming that the game intelligently rolls for both belts (would be pretty messed up if it didn't).
Old 10-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
So, you questioned my math, for that I must defend my honour!

Odds of you NOT getting a rune, assuming two separate rolls for each:

Per battle = 23/25 * 23/25 = .8464 (84.6%)
For 12 battles = .8464^12 = .1351.. (13.5%)
Odds of getting at least one rune = 1-.1351 = 86.4%

You take the inverse, since the odds of something happening + the odds of it NOT happening = 1.
Haha.

I thought it was 8% chance per roll?

And each roll is independent of each other and you have two rolls, wouldn't it be 8% + 8% = 16% of success?

Or, 84% chance of not seeing any action.

I agree with your math, just not sure how you came up with 23/25?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Havent notice any changes in kitting difficulty really.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

kiting map guards makes the game non-linear.... this is good!

if you had to take the guards out always in order of diffuculty and were playing on impossible the game might feel linear... (i'm kind of a king's bounty noob who plays on normal though)