Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Default Map kiting in Crossworlds

I played AP on Hard with a Warrior, which turned out to get really easy in the second half of the game.

So I thought I'd try my hand at Orcs on the March with a Mage on Impossible. I've been unable to successfully kite a map guard, except the one on the coast in Rusty Anchor where I was able jump in my ship. The ones on land seem to have a boundary that they refuse to cross.

It could be that they changed the behavior for the mobs guarding maps, or that I am just not very good at kiting. Can a pro kiter verify whether this has changed?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feloniousmonk View Post
I played AP on Hard with a Warrior, which turned out to get really easy in the second half of the game.

So I thought I'd try my hand at Orcs on the March with a Mage on Impossible. I've been unable to successfully kite a map guard, except the one on the coast in Rusty Anchor where I was able jump in my ship. The ones on land seem to have a boundary that they refuse to cross.

It could be that they changed the behavior for the mobs guarding maps, or that I am just not very good at kiting. Can a pro kiter verify whether this has changed?
I must admit that Im glad if they disabled kiting, even though I used it extensively it felt like cheating :/
Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

I spoke too soon. I was able to kite two maps on Verona... It was just the one on Rusty Island that wouldn't go beyond a certain point.

So, nevermind. In any case I'm not sure I want to go for a no-loss on Impossible, since kiting essentially just makes the game easier... (Which begs the question: Why play on Impossible?)
Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
I must admit that Im glad if they disabled kiting, even though I used it extensively it felt like cheating :/
Agreed, it has majorly spoiled the game at first for me personally. A shame its not actually fixed according to monk's last post but I guess i'll just try not to use it anymore myself then.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

I has tried KBAP at impossible mode for both mage, warrior and paladin. With map kitting, it is easy for lossless game. Now I will try with considering the mob which only move when hero very near it is immoblile. Map kitting make me thing like cheating
Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Is it possible to have impossible with no loss without kiting at all? And I don't think it's so easy (at least without camera mods ) because guards can be nasty (like beholder), unless your'e lucky and get devils fishes or something.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Some charts guards don't even move, you have to attack them so they're basically impossible to kite.
Although in the first island you can get many charts without kitting since they where almost standing there (without guardian). At least in my current walkthrough.

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

In Armored Princess, I felt you had to either kite or hope you got a lucky item distribution to win in Impossible Mage No Loss.

Either I got lucky in Crossworlds, or they finally fixed the map/item random distributor.

The Rune Mage and improved Call Phoenix really help a lot, although I am only level 25 or so right now.

Also, the new orc armies do seem to be pretty darn powerful when used properly (and against me,... ugh).

I have not had to do any full kiting at all. I don't consider kiting cheating, just terribly frustrating and a waste of time.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feloniousmonk View Post

I was able to easily kite the bear stack guarding the Rusty Anchor map on Bolo. But, others do not kite. It is random.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

I also noticed that kiting is much harder now. It is doable, but rather than doable in over 90% of the occasions in KBAP, not it's more like 50%, which gives the players much tougher time.