Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Well, I was going to try a no loss Impossible game, but I don't see how I can do it. I thought Mage would be possible, but when you start the game you either get the first stack being the Choshas/Gobots or Demon Army/Fire Arrow. I thought it might be possible just to use both type of droids (with the medallion that reduces leadership for them) but I can't seem to keep them alive long enough for no losses.

Anyone got through this first first on Impossible without loss? I thought it would depend on initial army selections but I can't find any tough units like Trolls etc.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

well...this is as far as i can get under impossible-no-loss-mage with only droids(no engineering badge)

the snake boss on the dock is too much for me because all the magic-damage-units that he brings...

maybe its possible if you save/load for a good game where the snake boss brings mostly physical-damage-units.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (219.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

I had landed on Rhea to finish the Orc March and decided I had done this one enough. I went to the menu and selected Crown and it restarted the game?

Can't just go form one campaign to another, without restart?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

No. I guess they all use a different session file, which is loaded as the game starts.

It's not that much of a pain
Old 09-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

So no losses on Impossible is currently looking uh....Impossible?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

if we can obtain some really OP artifacts/scrolls through restarting.

then we will need to save/load repeatedly in the first 3 fights(merchant/2 boss) such that we obtain 3 wanderer scrolls/expensive scrolls so that we can sell them for gold and buy those OP artifacts/scrolls. and don't forget to sell those scrolls you begin the game with.

we will also need to buy some artifacts that we can upgrade (upgrade means more fight, which then means more chests which means more gold, not mentioning more experience)using invis + green dragon, or somehow abuse the night time regeneration of troll skin...

it's DEFINITELY doable, but is it even a remotely enjoyable process, i doubt it.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I was worried that it would be tedious, so I'm giving up on no-losses for now. In my Impossible Mage game, I decided to do the 20,000 fight for medals straight away, given that I didn't have much to spend my money on due to puny leadership. It's useful given that you will also advance a level, meaning that the Mage can either have Distortion 2 or Order 2. I decided for Order because of Healing and Summon Phoenix.

So the first proper fight either seems to be against gobots etc or scoffer imps. I got the imps this time. It's probably possible to no-loss this fight with just the two droid stacks (I've got the leadership medallion), but the Mage has such low leadership that I only had I think 11 Repair Droids and 7 of the other ones. The enemy hero keeps using Fire Arrow on the droids, and my Phantom spell is only at 25%, meaning that I'm only getting 2 phantomed Droids. Hence I can't seem to keep the droids healthy enough to manage no-losses like this. I suspect it would be easier as a Warrior with higher leadership.

So I bought some comparatively high hp units, Griffins and Alchemists, and did things the straightforward way. Ancient Phoenix is a godsend here and you can use the cursed crosses to take down the enemy (just gotta keep your units of the way - which is hard as the imps cast that enrage ability). Managed to get through this for the loss of 2 Alchemists and 2 Griffins. Possibly I could have chosen Distortion 2 for the increased Phantom power, and then done the droid only path, but I suspect that this won't work in subsequent fights anyway, and you really need summoned units such as the Phoenix.

That's as far as I got so far.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

actually i just finished the first island with no loss!!! of course impossible, and of course mage!!!(i don't think it's doable with another class, at least not as easily)

engineering badge + droid team + stacking int and leadership is the way to go. i got lucky with the lightening boss, his one group of 50 gorgul was blocked by his own brontor haha.

but the hardest fight has to be the snake boss on the dock, boy i had to load like 10 times! things would look good and then he starts icesnake or his toops get a lucky crit and i would have to start all over again...i am so happy that i killed him!!!

so i guess no loss is possible then!

please find attached my SS of fighting the snake boss and my equipment+talent setup!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (215.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg talent.jpg (43.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg equipment.jpg (35.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

apparently in the next phase, you won't be able to buy droids, so, before you leave the first island, buy lots of droids!

first fight on the second island is not easy, luckily i managed to keep my no-loss status!

had to save/load quite a few times because book of evil sometimes really hurts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (215.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

next fight also no loss!

i am going to bed, i am right before the final fight of the second phase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (218.0 KB, 38 views)