Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Default Defender of the Crown thread

*Mods, can we please have sub-folders for each of the new campaigns?*

I thought I'd have a play around with this mini campaign first, given as it's the smallest of the three new versions of the game. For my first game, I tried an Impossible Warrior and promptly got thrashed in the second fight. I had a poor variety of troops at my disposal, and so I had to go with a team of both types of droid, Beholders, Griffins and Alchemists. I wasn't happy with these guys at all.

For my second game I am playing a Hard Warrior and I'm happier with the selection of troops. I managed to score 2 Paladins straight away, as well as Royal Griffins, Evil Beholders, Guardsmen and Bowmen. I'm happier with this team but we'll see how we go....
Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

I wonder how you use the editor to make it so that you can play defender of the crown campaign but without those special arenas? I'd like to play it so that the enemy armies are bigger but the arenas are normal so the enemy doesnt have advantage because of the arena.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Well, I like the fact that there are few battles but each is unique. So the second battle is the lightning field, and the third the barracks. This 3rd battle was very difficult due to my being outnumbered and of course the barracks spawning more units. I managed to win in the end (on Hard) after 33 rounds, but I definitely should have tried to take the barracks down earlier. I have been using a lot of the lightning ball to thin the enemy out as my main dragon attack.

Team of Paladins, Royal Griffins, Demonologists (love these guys!), Guardsmen and Inquisitors. Everything ended up getting chomped except for the Paladins, but the Demonologists are worth their weight in gold for the Demons that they spawn. And I love the fact that this isn't a one-off ability. Shame there's not an unlimited supply of them.

So now I am left with a measly 6 Paladins, but 185k to build up my team for the next fight. Really liking Defender of the Crown - for someone who's played KB for a long time now, I really appreciate having less fights of greater challenge than more fights of lesser challenge.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

I too, really like Defender of the crown, it brings a diversity to the table that neither AP or TL had, namely battles where winning is everything, and it doesn't really matter if you wipe your army, because you'll want to replace it anyway. Plus the unique terrain of each battle.

Especially the 'twist of the twist' in the last battle. Won't spoil it as I assume most people haven't reached it yet
Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

I got as far as the barracks with my impossible mage game, in the first 2 fights my complete army got wiped. I'm still not sure if doing the quest for 20k is worth it or not, I only had money left for 2-3 full stacks of units.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

i don't have the game yet, but i would love to join the theory crafting!

care to include more details so i can do things on paper?!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

I just beat my Impossible Mage of Defender of the Crown. Sorry, I could not do it with No-Loss.

I scored around 684 or so, I suppose all that experience from playing the normal game really paid off. Although the score seems semi-low.

I abused the Summon Phoenix spell.

I definitely like this type of game play since you have enough resources to fork to different strategies yet, you don't have any way to "farm" up your resources either.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
I just beat my Impossible Mage of Defender of the Crown. Sorry, I could not do it with No-Loss.

I scored around 684 or so, I suppose all that experience from playing the normal game really paid off. Although the score seems semi-low.

I definitely like this type of game play since you have enough resources to fork to different strategies yet, you don't have any way to "farm" up your resources either.
I really love this game. Phoenix spell never really worked for me in my set up... Hundreds of strategies are possible
Old 09-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post

So Impossible can be done, which is great. Looking forward to playing this one extensively.

Well, I finished my Hard Warrior game. It was very easy in the second half. Impossible is definitely the difficulty to play on in future. I did enjoy it though. You could probably play an Impossible campaign in 2 hours or so, which is great for one session, and because of the random nature of it, it will be necessary to use different troops. Great.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 09-18-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

So yeah, wow. This is actually tricky. I tried it once or twice and kept feeling that I must be doing something wrong.

The luck of the draw here is super huge though. My first try, the first battle had a bunch of Choshas, and Gobots as the army... causing a large number of constantly spawning and powering up bad guys to deal with. Uggh.

I rather dislike the dragon usage in this. Since you don't start with any good XP granting abilities, you have a really hard time getting to 'the good stuff' with him, making it especially hard on a Warrior. Doubly so since more leadership doesn't help if you can't afford a real army.