Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
the main problem i see is that RoF really lowers the standard of what we expect from a decent flightsim, however good it looks and might fly. add to that a limited customer base for flight sims in general, and it can reduce the rapidity that olegs new product can penetrate the market. we have been incredibly lucky with oleg's products in the last years it seems, and if this RoF crap is going to be considered normal in the new future as a game, we'r all in trouble as flightsimmers.
The problem is ............ we have been spoilt by Oleg & 1c in the past with free updates, aircraft, maps and ground objects.

The Author of IL2 has surpassed any other genre of flight sim support wise and I hope it continues.

As for Rise of Flight........... I loose interest half way through saying its title.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-22-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Can't believe the amount of false rumors and crap information I read in this thread....

Neoqb has no intention to developp a WWII sim in the near future (in the next years).
The actual map isn't small by any standard, and took more than 2.5 years to developp, and building the planes and objects took a lot of time also.
Neoqb is now working hard to developp new planes and new features for their game.

AND... There's absolutly NO competition between ROF and SOW:BOB. Most of RoF purchaser will, lile myself, buy SoW:BOB as soon it will be released.

Good Job Zapatista, trying to build a useless "sim fight" on lies and mean false rumors!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

He's been doing these anti RoF threads and posts before it's nothing new. I mean comon seriously what the hell do you want? a fight were everyone just hates RoF just because you don't like it?, truth to be told i think you hate it because you know it's good and you're such a fanboy of Olegs work which you haven't even seen in MOTION YET. (2006 videos in all glory but they ain't anything spectacular today 3 years later)

Seriously i see nothing but RoF bashing in the initial post. RoF will sell and it does sell , who the **** gives a crap about your opinion man it's not like somebody ain't gonna buy it because of your posts. I must admit it's rather funny seeing that you seem to have made it your task of life to inform everyone how bad RoF is without even testing it yourself. The developers of RoF ain't out to fool around with anyone and people who accept their business model will buy it just as people play WoW or anything else. (WoW is played by over 12 million still it's probably hated by twice as much)

Sick of the 2 plane whine argument, it never gets old does it? How cheap are you?. Did you ever play the initial IL2 at all... the game wasn't what it is today it was loaded with bugs and you didn't have 100s of aircrafts. Another famous game was loaded with bugs it was called OFP 1 and Armed Assault both indeed very popular and solid games after a few patches, sold very well. RoF isn't even that buggy it has it's issues but it's defiantly a solid and playable release.

I have no problem with 2 fly ables , I've no problem with buying small updates at a small price, seriously not everyone thinks like you, accept it. Anyway it's a myth that you'll have to pay for landscape and such. In RoF the engine updates will be free and content such as extra planes will cost a few bucks.

Chevas said it very nice with the comparison more or less oleg is doing the same but with larger updates at a larger price.

Last edited by virre89; 06-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
The problem is ............ we have been spoilt by Oleg & 1c in the past with free updates, aircraft, maps and ground objects.

The Author of IL2 has surpassed any other genre of flight sim support wise and I hope it continues.

As for Rise of Flight........... I loose interest half way through saying its title.

You are right...and by the looks of things (even with our infrequent up-dates have been) Oleg is planning on giving us value for our dollar in the future. We know he has been working on 3rd party development tools...this in itself suggests a vibrant modding community. The ROF people will have to work pretty hard to equal the work (& options) Oleg has been talking about.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

Well, I've already pre-ordered--more as a curiosity. There is not a chance that I would ignore Oleg's work as a result. I just think WW1 is somewhat neglected, and I just wanted to support it this go-around. But, to be honest, I hadn't given much thought to the bait-and-switch game RoF is playing on us. I don't want to be ANYONE's perpetual income unless they want to earn every cent, every time. Looks like I bought "potential" this time. I just might cancel the pre-order.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Lets face it 39 bucks is nothing and paying a few bucks more for each aircraft or two combined other improvements to the sim is also very very cheap. I know Oleg doesn't see this as a route he wants to follow, but basicly hes doing the same thing. Hes just providing more content, for more money, at longer intervals. While ROF is providing less content, for less money, at shorter intervals.)
i dont think it would be bad if that concept was true, but it isnt the case here. you could for ex sell RoF initialy at 20$ as it is now in its unfinished late beta stage, then ask 5$ for each extra plane that might be released at one per month, and ask 10$ for the combined winter, autum, spring version of the current maps, and add a few more interesting new map sceneries at the same time for (right now it is a monotonous flat single map landscape that looks the same from one end to the other and you are stuck with permanent daytime summer weather, err they didnt even model night or dawn or dusk)

the problem however is that they ask full price for the hollow shell it is now, and you will pay more like 25$ for each next plane you have to buy (the 2 included planes right now are not competitively matched for online competition)

have a look at these prices from the RoF officially recommended sales point in north america (http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php...a5cd2c1a262cc3)

Quote:
Aerostudios - ATC Simulator "Pro Edition" $60.00

Aerostudios - ATC Simulator "Standard Edition" $40.00

Condor: The Competition Soaring Sim $49.95

DCS: Black Shark $49.95

Falcon 4: Allied Force $29.95

Flight Simulator X (FSX) Gold Edition $39.95

Flyboys Squadron $29.99

PRE-Flight Standard Edition $24.95

PRE-Flight Super Helicopter Edition $39.95

Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War $44.95

Warbirds 2008 $19.95

Wilco - Tower Simulator $40.00

Wilco - Tower Simulator Download $34.95

X-Plane 9 (PC) $49.95
as you can see it is full price, same bracket as all the other real sims that are a finished product and completed game (fs-X, black shark, x-plane, etc....)

now the point i made in the OP, is that if you put some of these normal sims on the shelf at walmart next to RoF, and you have only a limited number of people shopping there for flightsims, the people who unknowingly buy RoF without being aware of all its limitations and lacking features could reduce the customer base for other genuine complete product flightsims (since the uninformed customer on the surface cant differentiate between what features and elements a real comprehensive flightsim product has normally, and the boxes will all look very similar), and if they make enough sales to make this sales tactic profitable other game creators could also shift to the same tactic, in which case we are all in serious trouble

regarding a quick follow up release now from RoF with a ww-2 sim based on the same sales model, a good analogy is pioneer discontinuing the manufacturing of its high end plasma tv's last year after on an annual basis being the clear winner in best quality products for large flatscreen displays, because however much better they were then the rest of the flat screen tv's of the same sizes (be it lcd or plasma from other brands), the 30% premium in price they had to ask was cutting out a large part of their sales volume, and most customers just ware not critical enough to make an informed choice, and bought on price alone. similarly, if RoF ww-2 sim is released 6 or 9 months before oleg's BoB, it WILL cut into oleg's sales imo, however bad RoF-ww2 is going to be from our more informed perspective.

Last edited by zapatista; 06-23-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Can't believe the amount of false rumors and crap information I read in this thread....
poor rama, you really have trouble understanding the world, dont you

Quote:
Neoqb has no intention to developp a WWII sim in the near future (in the next years).
there you are clearly wrong again, you dont know your facts. but as usually with you, dont let that stop you, just be rude and aggressive enough and pretend you know everything, that should be about enough for your level of logic

Quote:
The actual map isn't small by any standard, and took more than 2.5 years to developp,
if they only have a few people working for them, then the length of time it takes has little to do with an indication of the finished product. as a single map they provide, it is a very monotonous scenery that is essentially the same all throughout the map. simple put you can just make one small section, then multiply it with little difficulty and quickly make it larger with a few minor changes. there are no mountains, no different countries with different trees and foliage, no deserts, islands, etc... or didnt you spot any of that ?

Quote:
Good Job Zapatista, trying to build a useless "sim fight" on lies and mean false rumors!!!!
you poor thing, you really think people come here just to deliberately hassle you ? do you also think the whole universe spins around you maybe ? o what a troubled life you lead !

i'll try and help you out a little so you find these forums less confusing, read OP text, make sure you read what they actually wrote, and dont substitute your own confusion
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Hi zapatista. Was wondering where you found this information out, or is it something you are taking a wild guess at?

"the problem however is that they ask full price for the hollow shell it is now, and you will pay more like 25$ for each next plane you have to buy"

Could you show me where neoqb have stated or quoted this price please? I find it hard to believe they will be charging this much for one add on aircraft, but if you can show me otherwise then please do.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Global Moderator

ROF a threat? A threat to what?

Those little slow planes with the rat-a-tat-tat-tat machine guns looping around like flys in the sky. It is an Online game only as well.

No threat... That sim can't keep the interest of an 11 year old for long.

Whereas you can put an 11 year olds in front of a computer playing IL2 1946 version 4.08 and they'll play it for weeks. I've done that. The funny part is the 11 year olds found items of interest in the sim that just kept them coming back for more. Folding the wings on takeoff, flying in the different gunner positions, wingtip smoke with video replays, flying AI and just watching the whole battle unfold.

It was amusing to see all the things they could find to do with it and just love it.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
ROF a threat? A threat to what?

Those little slow planes with the rat-a-tat-tat-tat machine guns looping around like flys in the sky. It is an Online game only as well.

No threat... That sim can't keep the interest of an 11 year old for long.

Whereas you can put an 11 year olds in front of a computer playing IL2 1946 version 4.08 and they'll play it for weeks. I've done that. The funny part is the 11 year olds found items of interest in the sim that just kept them coming back for more. Folding the wings on takeoff, flying in the different gunner positions, wingtip smoke with video replays, flying AI and just watching the whole battle unfold.

It was amusing to see all the things they could find to do with it and just love it.
A true fanboy speaking , is this some kinda cult or something.. I mean you do make it sound like IL2 is your religion jeez? Ah yeh forgot i am at the 1c forums where all the locked up fanboys live. Wanna join me in the sun some or is it too bright. Seriously go outside and enjoy life ?

No?
ok let's bash RoF some more then seeing as you're still waiting and waiting and have nothing better to do but bash products that doesn't suit your 1980s offline module or the so called perfectionism of BoB .. "the game we haven't even seen in motion yet, and updates every 6th months"

Still dont wanna go outside?
no?

Ok let's worship Il2 some more and make up the most idiotic stories ever heard.

How about that 11 year kids story? I think I've never heard a more desperate approach in trying to make something look stupid, i think theres enough examples in IL2 alone where people leave b4 they even get up in the air, not because its a bad product but because they ain't flight simmers or they just hate ww2.. or simply they didn't like the game. (Oh yeh everyone loves it? In your world maybe.. take a look outside the 1c/ubi boards sometime for the love of god, you'd be making both you and me a favor)

On a seriously level, i don't really understand why people here are so desperate to look down on RoF and keep promoting IL2 and BoB, it's not like ROF is trying to compete with either of them. Just accept the fact that another flight simulator is establishing itself at this very small market and be grateful for the people it brings into the genre.

Anyway here is why i bought em both , similar reasons..

My reasons for buying IL2 Series Was:
- Graphics
- Physics
- WW2
- Multiplayer

My Reasons for buying RoF series Is:
- Graphics
- Physics
- Aerodynamics
- WW1
- Multiplayer

No game is perfect.

Last edited by virre89; 06-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.