Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Default oleg, you better hurry, RoF is releasing a ww-2 sim next

there is many things wrong with RoF (mostly because they are starting to sell it before many of the problems with it are resolved, and it has a very cumbersome and inconvenient online-only play mode), but i just noticed a few comments in the last weeks from its staff that they are planning to release a ww-2 sim next, and that they will do this "soon" (not in a few years, could be as soon as a few months)

right now they sell a game with 2 flyable aircraft only as a ww-1 flightsim, and they have completed the work on their scenery and grafix engine. to now create two ww-2 flyable planes and slightly change their scenery to suit the battle of brittain era would take them very little effort imo.

they also provided some degree of openness in their game environment where they want to get their customers involved in creating game objects and addon planes and scenery

oleg, you might want to consider releasing BoB sooner then later imo. RoF looks very good (probably not as good as BoB will be, but close ?), and if to many flightsimmers get distracted by it this could well take some of your customers away

your loyal supporters know you are working on a grand masterpiece that will set new standards in flightsim performance and features, but there is only a limited number of aviation fans out there as a customer base. the sooner you can releases your sim, the more wind you will be able to take out of their sails

Last edited by zapatista; 06-22-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

This has got to be the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Very nice, zapatista! Hope to see more funny stuff from you.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

ROF does look very good, but still needs alot of work before they could ever release a WW2 map and aircraft. In other words there is no chance the ROF developers could release another flight sim in the next months or even years for that matter.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
This has got to be the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Very nice, zapatista! Hope to see more funny stuff from you.

Aviar
+1

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks this post is hilarious.

S~ Aviar

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Don't get me wrong, I am ordering it, but seriously to think they could bring out another sim, hell they still have not finish this one yet.
My understanding is at present ten planes maximium multiplayer or the lag kills you...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

"Soon"(?)...that is funny.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Tvrdi

initial post isnt funny at all...ROF is the most realistic sim up to date....yes, it is full of bugs and with only a few planes....just like IL2 was back then in 2002 hehe
I wonder how a hardcore simmer could possibly hate any of the great titles in sim genre (or makers)....red baron 3d, IL2, lockon, ROF...etc.

pffft from my ass in your mouth

did you earn your beta tester status and made ur loyality showroom for SOW?

Last edited by Tvrdi; 06-22-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
ROF does look very good, but still needs alot of work before they could ever release a WW2 map and aircraft. In other words there is no chance the ROF developers could release another flight sim in the next months or even years for that matter.
thats what i thought to

but when in the last weeks i did more background reading on what the RoF creators themselves actually said, about their current game, their sales model, and the way they plan to go forward, i got a different perspective on what they are doing

look at it this way, would anybody here really consider buying a full price aviation sim with only 2 flyable planes that are not even historically matched as opponents in the sky, one small map, only daytime weather, static cloud displays and static weather patterns, an empty in game world with only the odd token few trucks or tanks in one spot as mission objectives, "famed" flight modeling that produces takeoff and landing distances 4x longer then real life, only summer season for all maps, etc.... add to that you need to be 24/7 online to even play offline single missions, no real dynamic campaign, only 5 against 5 online servers where you have to wait your turn to rejoin a game after getting killed, no coop servers, no campain servers..........need i go on further ?

the obvious answer is no, we wouldnt.

but that is exactly what they are selling right now at the price of a normal full game

and here is the kicker, to get more maps, more planes, more objects, more seasons, you will have to pay for each item.

then i saw several specific posts from several RoF employees themselves, and this indicated that the missing content in the current game is very deliberate and could have been included from the start, for ex most of their main addon planes for RoF are already finished and they will put them for sale in a gradual manner to keep generating income, and here is the surprising part, that their next project is already started and will focus on ww-2

the main problem i see is that RoF really lowers the standard of what we expect from a decent flightsim, however good it looks and might fly. add to that a limited customer base for flight sims in general, and it can reduce the rapidity that olegs new product can penetrate the market. we have been incredibly lucky with oleg's products in the last years it seems, and if this RoF crap is going to be considered normal in the new future as a game, we'r all in trouble as flightsimmers.

Last edited by zapatista; 06-22-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
but seriously to think they could bring out another sim, hell they still have not finish this one yet.
My understanding is at present ten planes maximium multiplayer or the lag kills you...
they dont plan to "finish it", they simply will make the missing items in it for sale as addons, expansions and features

the problem is that an unfinished product like that being sold to enough silly people willing to buy it can now be seen by RoF as validation that this sale model works, and that people are prepared to pay full price for that little content

me mentioning they are now already working on a ww2 sim based on the same "game concept" is not idle speculation i grabbed out of the air, i saw this from indications in post from some of their own programmers and designers in other forums