Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

I was on-line last night in a spit, going along at 380 knots, everything cool....just then a Storch pass'es me on my port side, proceed's to empty a full load of parabomb's right in my flight path....well needless to say I will post a trac soon as proof...just wait here
Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Angry

I have to say that Fly-Zo has really sunk to the lowest depths in his comments to LeB. If he made those comments in my country in the workplace he would be fired on the spot, and the person he made them too would easily sue him for discrimination.

Fly-Zo you really have no argument so you try to attack other members, you sir, are far from being honourable, or a gentleman, I suppose that is what one can expect from someone so pro-hack.

I have had enough of some of the twats in this troll thread, my last word.

Last edited by 123-Wulf-123; 12-16-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Removed "debate" as this no debate...just a troll
Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
Enough is enough is what I am saying, leave it, put it to bed, take it round the back and shoot it.whatever, just stop going on about this friggin thing, move on every-one, for the

sake of this GAME, after all, thats all it is.

BTW, Santa is real

I hear you Kris You intentions are great.
I know you truly care about the sim.

But the point is the "sake of this GAME"
As an adult I want an adult leval of GAME play not kiddy land.

Forgetting about the problems that this mod has created, or sweeping the issue under the rug is no way to deal with the problem its use has created in the online community.

Pretending that the sim is still good is no way to look out for the the game.

Its to late now... its run amuck. The sim is porked in regard to online.
Unless you fly in honest servers or a small group of guys you trust and even there are so many different mods now that the file conflicts are problematic. I’m not talking about cheating, no the real problem is that file conflicts between users and different mods its just screwing up the program.
It makes the experience really bad not like it is supposed to be or how it was meant to be its quality is effected in a negative way . It has grown out of hand and looking the other way helps no one.
That’s a fact.
I believe in Santa too.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

+1
That is the only logical path for now. The fat lady is singing loudly, its time to move on.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

I believe I will sooner get a track of the real Santa with Rudolph too then a cheating track...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Here you go Stalker, you asked for it...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
Sadly, except for FM hacks, most are impossible for anyone to post as ONLY the user sees them......Examples:

Mirrors in planes that did not have them in the sim....
Lead compensating sights in planes that did not have them in the sim....
Altered reticles be it shape, or intensity (brightness)....
Altered smoke and vapors seen to make them show better and last longer.....
Altered visual enhancements (aircraft or objects showing better then the sim provides)....
Default skins altered to allow easier recognition....
Field of view in cockpit improved in planes as supplied in the sim, either by transparent pieces, removed or altered pieces, or degree of view movement within.....
Sounds granting better audible cues then supplied in the sim....

and the list goes on......

None of these things which make that individuals play significantly easier then the stock product players can be seen or heard by the other players only the one using them. Therefor they are impossible to prove via a track. However, if someone has any of these hacks installed, then clearly they are cheating as they have gained an advantage over other players by altering the stock product.....

How do you know has them, well you don't, you can guess and we can make some very accurate assumptions yet that would be unfair to do.....The only fair course of action is to state "anyone using a hacked product has the clear and easy potential for cheating with the ability to remain undetected"....

FM/DM/Weapons cheats poorly executed will be easy to spot (a 750km/h I-16).....However, well executed FM/DM/Weapons cheats will be impossible to spot be they slight extra speed, requiring more hits for severe damage, or weapons delivering slightly greater damage, whatever.

So except for rediculously blatant and intended to be seen cheats, most will be impossible for any to document except the user themselves........Hence the ease with which the following smug phrase is made "Prove it"......and everyone knows cheaters are not honest as they'd not be cheating if they wern't.

K2
I have to agree with this as all those things mentioned give an unfair advantage when used on servers that want only the stock IL2 in use. No one can show proof of these other than the user. You guys can't possibly disagree that those things don't give an unfair advantage when used online in that fashion can you?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Hopefully Evgeny will delete all the other posts in this thread and leave it as I intended it to be:
For all the people who say they have proof of cheating online using the soundmod to post their proof here using tracks.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Hopefully Evgeny will delete all the other posts in this thread and leave it as I intended it to be:
For all the people who say they have proof of cheating online using the soundmod to post their proof here using tracks.

Uther, do you see the irony of your words "leave it as I intended it to be"....Oleg said the same thing, lol
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Absolutely.I always choose my words very carefully.Maybe as its a Sunday people are away from the forum.Its only been 5 hours and nobody has posted a track yet.Apparently there are hundreds of instances of soundmod cheating online,and I really want to see some of those tracks.
Closed Thread