Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Pike

With all due respect. You pay a few bucks for software that has taken countless manhours to produce and develop and you actually believe its yours to do whatever you like. Maybe in your own home, were nobody knows or cares, but the problem here is people are taking out on the web, etc.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

The folks who did this and the one's who use it should be quashed with every legal means possible.

End of story.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision
Oleg has said he is dropping the game.
Quote and the source please.

Quote:
He just has one minor patch in the works and it is by-by for him.
The fact has no influence on the law whatsoever.Funny how you people don`t like others calling it by name: crime.

Quote:
The only people that are getting their panties in a knot are the on-line dweebs that cry like little girls whenever they get shot down.
A bit more complicated I`m afraid.The issue is not online/offline related. It is EULA/intellectual law related.
Anyone saying that Oleg Maddox doesn`t care about his intellectual laws being broken is either stupid or has an interest in saying so.

Quote:
Then they call...CHEAT!!
Nice thing about trying to picture those respecting Oleg as people with psychical equilibrium problems.
It`s quite obvious that folks blaming Oleg for the whole thing let alone ingoring his personal laws need some help.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
Dear All,
Quite honestly I don't have an opinion about hackers. All I can say is as I see it, in England a man's home is his castle. When you buy something it is yours to do with what you like. I cannot personally get used to the idea that you buy something that is actually still not yours even after you pay good money for it. Once you have paid for it the makers have their money and let's face it they even set the price for it.
With regard to the arguement about 'cheaters', if people know each other
SLP
Everyone`s freedom goes as long way as it does not offend anyone else`s freedom.

A standard rule for every of today`s civilized society.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Default ........

Quote:
Dear All,
Quite honestly I don't have an opinion about hackers. All I can say is as I see it, in England a man's home is his castle. When you buy something it is yours to do with what you like. I cannot personally get used to the idea that you buy something that is actually still not yours even after you pay good money for it. Once you have paid for it the makers have their money and let's face it they even set the price for it.
With regard to the arguement about 'cheaters', if people know each other then why should they cheat?
Best regards,
SLP

The weak link in your analogy is that you didn't hack a file for your own personal use. If it was just that there'd be no problem. It wouldn't possibly cause problems on line.... It wouldn't cause a schism in the community. Your house would stand fine.

Someone else hacked the files and supplied the means to that hack for other players, thus affecting more than the 'house' you bought. It's caused a mentality and aura of suspicion. it showcases arrogance by the hackers blaming Oleg. AND if memory serves me Oleg said there would be possible 3rd pparty measures for the fututre of IL2. (Not positive) So it potentially affected his income.....

I have no personal opinion on any one who uses it, but I wish the persons who hacked the game would be honest and just say they hacked the game because they wanted to, NOT because the sounds were bad. That's the excuse. Not the reason

Hell if you're gonna hack.....fix the damn AI.

EDIT: I should say IMPROVE the AI. For a 6 year old game that started with a limited plane set and limited objectives, it's done fairly well. But I'm expecting more.... MUCH more with BoB. TYVM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: ........

Rumours of IL2's death are not exaggerated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny
Well, guys, I collected most questions in one post in order to let Oleg find them easily without searching through all the posts.

So, the questions:

1) Can we expect some kind of list regarding add-ons and changes implemented in the final 4.09 patch ?
Only when it will be ready. But now I can say that changes thare will be minimal, becasue of absolutely no time.

Quote:
2) I would like it if Oleg could address the issue of countering the recent spate of hacks for 4.08, and to tell us what plans he has (if any) to once again lock down the game and combat those who would seek to open up the code.
Probably there will be only very minimal changes. See answer above.

Quote:
5) Can you tell us about any new features in BOB that we don't know about?
So far, we know of dynamic weather and 6DOF...any surprises to come?
What does the future hold for IL2? If you stop further work on it, will the community be able to add content to it in the future?
What are your thoughts on the recently debated sound mod/hack?
I have a seperate post asking about the availability of any IL2 merchandise...is there any available?
If not, are there plans to do some merchandising?
There will be many surprises in time. Like with Il-2 we put in engine many things that will be open later later depending of middle PC power on the market.
With 4.09 we will stop any work with Il-2. Really we did it already... just waiting finalization of new maps.

Quote:
10) When can we see some SoW updates with vids and sounds?
Will 4.09 have new sounds? Seems it might discourage hacking.
Sounds of BoB only when beta will be on the runway.
No new sounds in 4.09.
Somebody hacked a dead game. Guess it's time to start worrying about something important: Third World debt relief. The AIDS crisis. Famine in Zimbabwe. The suppression of democratic freedoms in Russia. The rise of the Chinese economy. Global Warming. Israel and Hezbollah. Iran/Iraq.

Y'know - really important stuff.

Can you do it, Carguy? Can ya?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

So that's it huh?

We just run up the white flag and let the hackers win?

Most of the UBI mods have already surrendered.

Is that all there is to it?

The best piece of software I've ever put on my computer, shredded to bits, online play being jeapardized, poorly done aircraft being pasted up, international laws broken, a very creative group's jobs/livelyhood possibly damaged, and we now say OK?

I'm sorry, but I don't get it, at all.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Approved Member

Default Re: ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty
Rumours of IL2's death are not exaggerated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox
Quote:
Well, guys, I collected most questions in one post in order to let Oleg find them easily without searching through all the posts.

So, the questions:

1) Can we expect some kind of list regarding add-ons and changes implemented in the final 4.09 patch ?
Only when it will be ready. But now I can say that changes thare will be minimal, becasue of absolutely no time.

Quote:
2) I would like it if Oleg could address the issue of countering the recent spate of hacks for 4.08, and to tell us what plans he has (if any) to once again lock down the game and combat those who would seek to open up the code.
Probably there will be only very minimal changes. See answer above.

Quote:
5) Can you tell us about any new features in BOB that we don't know about?
So far, we know of dynamic weather and 6DOF...any surprises to come?
What does the future hold for IL2? If you stop further work on it, will the community be able to add content to it in the future?
What are your thoughts on the recently debated sound mod/hack?
I have a seperate post asking about the availability of any IL2 merchandise...is there any available?
If not, are there plans to do some merchandising?
There will be many surprises in time. Like with Il-2 we put in engine many things that will be open later later depending of middle PC power on the market.
With 4.09 we will stop any work with Il-2. Really we did it already... just waiting finalization of new maps.

Quote:
10) When can we see some SoW updates with vids and sounds?
Will 4.09 have new sounds? Seems it might discourage hacking.
Sounds of BoB only when beta will be on the runway.
No new sounds in 4.09.
Somebody hacked a dead game. Guess it's time to start worrying about something important: Third World debt relief. The AIDS crisis. Famine in Zimbabwe. The suppression of democratic freedoms in Russia. The rise of the Chinese economy. Global Warming. Israel and Hezbollah. Iran/Iraq.

Y'know - really important stuff.

Can you do it, Carguy? Can ya?
Nothing more to add.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Chivas,
Yes I actually believe it belongs to me just as they take my hard earned money, believe they can do with it what they like...and DO do with it what they like! It would not be nice nor right of me to have the game for 6 months or a year and then say "I want my money back as it still belongs to me and anyway, this game does not do what I want it to." I have nothing against Oleg....he has my full support and has given me a window into the past to enjoy. I would rather pay him directly and let him divide the money up into who gets what portion of it. I have no time for those lawyers who say that you buy something, but its not really yours so you cannot even lend it to someone else without breaking some law or other. I tell you something, I can see the Net going like the stock exchange where everything is based on confidence and there is only paper.....no money.
I think there is a strong cultural divide between Europeans and Americans on this particular issue since in the US most things are rented, not owned.
Best regards,
SLP
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Chivas,
Yes I actually believe it belongs to me just as they take my hard earned money, believe they can do with it what they like...and DO do with it what they like!...

I think there is a strong cultural divide between Europeans and Americans on this particular issue since in the US most things are rented, not owned.
Best regards,
SLP
The above is total BS. YOU MADE THE AGREEMENT TO BUY A LICENSE, NOT THE CODE. If you didn't like the EULA, then you shouldn't have installed it. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT MOST SOFTWARE IS PURCHASED ON A LICENSE BASIS.

I live in the US, have for my entire 38 years, and aside from a moving truck and movies, I've never rented anything. To say that, "...in the US most things are rented, now owned...", is just ignorant.

--Outlaw.
Closed Thread