Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

I think spotting aircraft at a realistic distance is a very important aspect of any combat flight sim. If you can select a resolution to play the sim in the GUI then it should be quite easy for the game engine to display an appropriate amount of pixels for that resolution. This way the playing field is relatively level for everyones systems and settings. Unfortunately airmen physically challenged will be assigned a desk job.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

From reading the posts here i get the impression that it's not just the resolution, it's the dot pitch and that is a correlation of resolution used vs the monitor's size.

So, if they wanted to fix this issue they'd have to not only take the resolution into account (easily read from conf.ini) but also have some way of knowing the size of your monitor.

To be honest, i don't really know if they can do that last part easily or at all. Some monitors' model numbers might show up within windows and some not, or maybe it's a case of whether you bothered to install the relevant software and so on, so i don't know if it's possible for the sim to "sense" what kind of monitor size we are running.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Global Moderator

The malcontents and cranks have finally gotten this thread into Trollville.

Guess it's time to lock and unsticky it.
Closed Thread