Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey-Charlie View Post
I did a speed read through this thread hoping to find an answer to a question I have. Sorry if I missed it but there is a lot to read here and so much BS, bla, bla, bla etc.

Also, let me say on the topic of WOP vs SOW. I am waiting for SOW. WOP will give me something to do in the mean time
+1
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 07-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

BOP was the reason I am now playing Il2. It got my attention and when i couldnt program my controler the way i wanted to. I purchased Il2. And yes I think The graphics are pretty damn good in WOP.Those of you with your panties in a bunch grow up, there both games.Were all big kidds sitting in front of a screen.

Last edited by Hunden; 07-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

I too purchased WoP after humming & harring. I've played it a few times, but the dissapointment for me is when it gives you a list of aircraft to fly, you think great, there's a few I would like to try, only to find out you can only fly them from external view a no cockpits view available, ie. the beaufighter.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergal69 View Post
I too purchased WoP after humming & harring. I've played it a few times, but the dissapointment for me is when it gives you a list of aircraft to fly, you think great, there's a few I would like to try, only to find out you can only fly them from external view a no cockpits view available, ie. the beaufighter.
For me the few factors that make it uplayable/unenjoyable are:

- Just horrible engine sounds (Like a bee with two tones switching almost in an on/off fashion with WEP on/off)
- Huge blurring effect when turning my head using TIR instead of image staying sharp
- Too foggy / uncrisp environment
- Tiny maps

The last time I tried was some months ago so maybe there are fixes for that already?

It's kind of a conflicting experience overall, it tries to be a simulator and arcade game at the same time. You have pretty detailed controls for CEM for example and then your missions are like: shoot down 10 planes and by default they start without takeoff and end without a landing. WTF?

Still happy I bought it as every buck spent on supporting aviation titles is not badly spent. But still WOP is not really fighting in the same category as SOW:BOB, DCS titles etc flight sims. But to be honest the best 'I'm flying' experience I've got so far has been flying low level in WOP, you can really feel the speed and see the details without glitches and FPS issues even when settings are maxed out.

Last edited by whatnot; 07-04-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
- Huge blurring effect when turning my head using TIR instead of image staying sharp
Turn off motion blur to fix that one.

However I have to say that WoP is very unsatisfying indeed, the time limits are a joke as is trying to play the campaigns in sim mode.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
However I have to say that WoP is very unsatisfying indeed, the time limits are a joke as is trying to play the campaigns in sim mode.
You are right about that, when thier time limit runs out on you and you are taken out of the game, that screams ARCADE!

Last edited by Wiskey-Charlie; 07-07-2010 at 06:21 PM.