Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation "Wings" Of Prey (PC). Watchout Oleg!

The NightMare will come true for Oleg. Il-2 Birds Of Prey will be abailable for PC whit the (no nice) name of Wings Of Prey (i remember wings of destiny, crapy sim).
I dont like the cockpits, very Battlefield compared whit the Amazing cockpit Spitfire of Storm of War. Buth the terrain views are... nice,. directly competition for sow?

seriously! i first think that this was a joke of some #$%&"#$ photoshop adict.. buth not
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

And how is that competition for Storm of War? It's a new game based on an old sim.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

WOP has the best overall terrain I've seen in combat flight sim, but it still has a few issues yet to even compete with IL-2. That said WOP is still in the PC beta development stage and if the developer continues to support WOP after release they can definitely be a player in the WW2 combat genre. WOP has so much potential I wonder if some of Oleg's team jumped ship and started working for the Gaijin developers.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
WOP has the best overall terrain I've seen in combat flight sim
Wow Chivas - is that really you ???? Did someone hijack your account ???

For once we agree. Stunning terrain. The new benchmark. Period.

I already am pushing them to steal the whole bloody terrain textures ......

Gaiigin are really on the ball with betas. Good support in their forums.

Oleg still has the best sim, but he desperately needs this kind of engine performance and graphics.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

What I really like about the WOP terrain is there is no building pop up as you fly along.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

screenshots are better than anything I've seen from BoB...
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Approved Member

60 missions? what will the casual offliner do after that? I dont want flightsims without a missionbuilder...IL-2 1946 is especially great from this point of view (fmb,qmb, dgen&scripted campaigns,dogfight&coop servers, online wars,3rd party addons...almost unlimited content)...if SoW will have the same depth then Maddox games got nothing to worry about
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Approved Member

Too movie-like though

Old 12-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpmedia View Post
60 missions? what will the casual offliner do after that? I dont want flightsims without a missionbuilder...IL-2 1946 is especially great from this point of view (fmb,qmb, dgen&scripted campaigns,dogfight&coop servers, online wars,3rd party addons...almost unlimited content)...if SoW will have the same depth then Maddox games got nothing to worry about
WOP on the PC is still in the Beta stage and they are planning a quick mission builder. I'm sure in time there will have more missions than the off-liner can handle over the next year.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
WOP has the best overall terrain I've seen in combat flight sim, but it still has a few issues yet to even compete with IL-2. That said WOP is still in the PC beta development stage and if the developer continues to support WOP after release they can definitely be a player in the WW2 combat genre. WOP has so much potential I wonder if some of Oleg's team jumped ship and started working for the Gaijin developers.