Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagTaken2 View Post
How is that a bad thing? It would indicate that SoW was picking up a mass audience. More sales, more cashflow, more sim.
Or possibly you'd prefer a quiz when you install BoB. If you don't know why the Spit couldn't follow the 109 into a vertical dive, your HD gets formatted.
XD some flight simmers can be so elitist can't they
Old 11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

which is the screenshots update thread ?? i see only comment threads for uploaded pics... a link ??
Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprera View Post
which is the screenshots update thread ?? i see only comment threads for uploaded pics... a link ??

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040
Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

thanks !
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Hehe... Would like too see some guys complaining, some planes has no "trasmitters". Ex.: Japanese and Russian fighters. It ll be a bad experience fly without radios or with interference.

This can afford new strategies, like to bomb radio stations to break enemy coms. hehe... Would be amazing!
But once players are using TS or Ventrilo this not helps a lot. i dont known if is possible but it would be helpfull if game blocks another chat programs when server owner chooses to do so.

An option to unblock or block is highly desirable! Is it possible?

p.s.: im commenting cause Olegs said that radio quality ll depend distances between planes and radio towers.

Last edited by Ernst; 12-07-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Blocking team comms will not go over well.

I dare say it would cause many to skip the purchase.

Much of the fun of online play is being on comms with your mates and enjoying each other's company and banter.

Taking it away is not in the best interest of sales.

Be sure.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

Much of the fun of online play is being on comms with your mates and enjoying each other's company and banter.

Be sure.
El Aurens, but once again, options.

But for BoB, at least, I won't bother. All British and German planes we'll be able to fly have radio, anyway...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

Be sure.
I understand. However i said comms must be allowed using internal game radio and only with server desire.

TS and ventrilo can be used if server decides yes. Im only thinking about players who wishes a more hardcore gaming, i understand that there is players who would like to fly this way.

And the game could satisfy casual, medium, realistic and extreme realistic players (grognards)! Some players lock his belts, use aviator glasses, gloves and etc...
Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post

2) We exchanged an email on this years ago; perhaps you remember... I really think there is a segment of users out there in the community like myself that would pay over $100 dollars for "premium user package" that would include additional tweaks or modules that are locked and not provided to all users... Perhaps some advanced flight modeling, tweaked graphical features, etc... I know add-ons can address these needs, but you have such a personal following and people who know sims know you give quality and would be willing to pay more with your stamp of approval. At the very least, I hope you're getting a good kickback % on the add-ons that are produced for SOW. The whole flight sim business model should be different than shooters... Not sure it can withstand a high price for all users, but to make up for lack of total users, price needs to be higher...

In general, it seems shooter folks are starting to get bored of the cheap/fast thrill of shooters and are looking for substance. Perhaps in the coming years, we'll see a ressurgence of interest in simming like there was in the early/mid 80s with the original MS FS which "every" gamer had in there PC collection.
I totally disagree with this post. The segment of users like yourself is 1) probably very small 2) Surely elitist, in the negative sense of the word.

Paying 100 USD (!!!!!!) for a "premium user package", or even 30 USD, to get "additional tweaks or modules that are locked and not provided to all users" (!!!!!!!!!!) will be accepted by a very small minority of users, and thus create little revenues, but will for sure create a "digital divide" between "richer" and "poorer" customers. I can't imagine a better way to destroy and upset a loyal base of customers.

I'd prefer rather to pay for patches, if they include additional content. This will put all users on the same level and increase revenues IMHO, provided that the cost is reasonable and well distributed along the time.

Regards,
Insuber
Old 12-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Insuber is totally correct in his assessment of this.

You want more content? Fund a 3D modeler to make something, then have it included in the sim. How's that for "premium" content?

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov