Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

The lighting in the cockpit looks amazingly realistic, the feeling of "being there".

Aircrafts are simply perfect.

As always, I could mention some minor criticism against the colors of the landscapes which don't look really "British", especially on the coastal area.
Maybe some tweeking in this sector could be useful.
Perhaps less "Velvia'ish" colors (they look too much vivid) and more "Kodachrome" ones
Old 10-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There's no AA on those shots because they use HDR, and right now you can't do both.
You mean you can't do both or in general with SoW? Because other games and graphics cards can AFAIK.

Quote:
SoW no longer uses OpenGL
Interesting. Good decision, IMHO.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSU View Post
The Alpha Screenshots look fine

My ask:
The top of the steep coast, you can make more smoothly?
More green color difference for the forest and meadows?
+1

Seriously, what is this? An update about a pre-alpha multiplayer map? I was waiting for Britain not for Jurassic Park.

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/grab0101.jpg

Bird of Prey land looks so good.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

looks great.

I am a little concerned about the VERY vivid colours though on these screens. I understand that you are tweaking this which is good in my opinion as the colours are very heavy, especially the Green grass... looks lika a whole other palette than that used on the planes/cockpits.

thanx for the update, looking forward to more, expecially specialeffects
Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
SoW no longer uses OpenGL
Now THAT is interesting news
Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

As I've often said it on many sim forums, the best solution would be to have gamma and colors settings available directly within the game setup, this way everybody could choose one's own prefered rendition.
Guys making some photography know probably for instance the Fred Miranda's photoshop actions which automatize Velvia, Kodachrome, Fujichrome finishes. Something like that availabe in the game setup would be so cool !
Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
As always, I could mention some minor criticism against the colors of the landscapes which don't look really "British", especially on the coastal area.
Maybe some tweeking in this sector could be useful.
Perhaps less "Velvia'ish" colors (they look too much vivid) and more "Kodachrome" ones
1.- The first screen with the spitfire's cockpit looks amazing. Incredible textures and lights all around.

2.- I concur on the above quoted criticism about the landscape, as Oleg said, those colors might not be definitive, so I'd advise to make changes in the landscape colors too. The green looks TOO green (it feels like some kind of cartoon or kid's game). Making the landscape look real should be VITAL for the overall look of the sim and of course the feeling of immersion in the action and eviroment. I trust Oleg will do a great job fixing this.

3.- The airplane models are great, even thought it looks like the could receive minor improvements (maybe textures) but overall they look very very good.

4.- I love the trees now, NO MORE IL2 INVISIBLE TREES!!... if any of you used to go very low on the deck during the action... you might have crashed with those lol... for those who don't know what i'm talking about: in IL2 the tree layer can be seen perfectly from above, BUT if you get to the same level you just get to see a 1px line, and if you're not aware... boom!

5.- I'd love to know how is going to work the damage system for airplanes. Some detailed (within the boundaries of possible) explaination about it would be great considenring the possible improvements/changes that might have been done to this point.

Conclusion:

Oleg, I'm glad to see progress in BoB after such a long time, and I'm eager to keep seeing improvements and progress and hopefully.... a final release date
Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Hi Oleg, very very nice job
BF110 was fantastic, and cockpit spit too!!!!

buth, terrain... i dont know...
i expect some like birds of prey terrain

buth very nice job on the planes!!! is amazing
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Love the cockpit shot and the Bf-110.

As for the colors of landscape im sure thats not how its gonna look in the end, this "I'm a professional photographer as well, so perfect visual presentation is a very important goal for me" tells me Oleg knows what needs to be where and so on. Even if it will the user can make it look pretty much the way he likes anyways.

Color settings in game is a very nice idea btw.

P.S. Just understood that the map used in those screenshots is a map for online DF. Nice to know we wont have to use just one (channel map).

Last edited by Baron; 10-23-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Cockpits and birds look amazing.
The landscape... well maybe that's England after half century of global warming.