Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

Beholders weren`t dmg dealer before this mod, now mystic have 2 aoe skills, medium also +book of evil x2, gorgon can summon meat shields, so beholders can be more then just suport now.
Since develop team included them for some reason in quick draw skill (still have no idea why) they can make something in battle.
As fo mana pool with fire mage medal, i got some idea to edit it. Casting fire spells, to get mana not much logic there. I changed that medal to lower enemy ressistances -2/4/6/8 % poison/fire/magic.
For warrior was thinking to add physical dmg 2/4/6/8 %, and for paladin -attack to undead/demons simmlar to holy anger skill.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Beholders weren`t dmg dealer before this mod, now mystic have 2 aoe skills, medium also +book of evil x2, gorgon can summon meat shields, so beholders can be more then just suport now.
Since develop team included them for some reason in quick draw skill (still have no idea why) they can make something in battle.
As fo mana pool with fire mage medal, i got some idea to edit it. Casting fire spells, to get mana not much logic there. I changed that medal to lower enemy ressistances -2/4/6/8 % poison/fire/magic.
For warrior was thinking to add physical dmg 2/4/6/8 %, and for paladin -attack to undead/demons simmlar to holy anger skill.
Have you tried using the Mystics? I guess they might work better with warriors, but they do 'OK' damage. Their ray isn't that awesome (compared to rune mages which ALSO applies a chance to sheep for EACH target hit by the ray).

Their "aoe stomp" is laughable too.

I haven't tried the mediums mostly because I hate dealing with undead allies. However, seeing as that crazy necro energy crap they have lets them revive ... seemingly for free, maybe I should add some in there.

But.... summoning and debilitation is the definition of support. What is your idea of support?

Well, it is because beholders tend to do special effects on strike. Quick Draw is the warriors way of "casting spells" since if properly done you can do devasting attacks in the beginning, just like a mage with a black dragon (or better, archdemon) can nuke first.

So, beholders are probably supposed to be the warriors way of 'casting a debiliator' early on, as opposed to a nuke (archers being the nuke).

By the way, since you seem so dead set on using beholders are damage dealers, Trigger's critical hit bonus applies to beholders.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Mystic stomp is nice for mage hero if you dont have EGD to push enemy to traps, ray is weaker then rune mages, but you can keep 6 mystic for 1 rune mage leadership, and they also can revive themselves. So i call them troop for all tasks.
I`m not so decided to play beholders, i just say new units are interesting to play. Up untill now we had beholder, and evil beholder which were laughable. Now it`s interesting to use them.
I know about triggers bonus to archers, but beholders leadership/dmg is horrible so i wouldnt take them for full archer army.
And for support : EGD, priest, paladin, shaman, dryad.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Registered Member

fam_skill_bloodlust_rank_1_hint=With probability 7% gets an OD and a second stroke during the attack.
fam_skill_anger_rank_1_hint=withdrawing a familiar, getting the damage with a chance of 6% can again operate. Gives 1 OD.
What are the differences between these two ?

Last edited by tori2uke; 07-06-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Bloodlust gives you %chance to attack again after your turn, like goblin unstoppable talent or new human race fighting spirit.
Anger gives you %chance to attack again after retaliation, like demon/executioner talent demon rage. The more enemy nuits hit asmodean, more chance for him to act again.
Both skills are great to pick, but first take bloodlust, for anger you must beef asmodean up first (give him much hp, to survive enemy attacks), and sixth sense is good for this too.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Are the mods for CW work in RED Sand ??
Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

What mod`s exactly ?
Since there is many new units, game/battle mechanics i dont think old CW mod`s will work.
Army mod, battle camera mod do work i think, but as for some that change medals, skills and such wont and make problems with this expansion.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

What the hell ! I searched the whole Reha and still can't find a single unit of Dead Lizard. Do I need to trigger an event ? I can see some cloud on the map near Reha, may be there's a new island there ?
And I find that in this mod, there are 6 unplayable unit. When counting the unit in Dead lizard race, I find 6 units. Do you think what I'm thinking about ? I hope not.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

I got stuck on same place, and stoped playing untill final translation comes out. I`m sure there is some quest that unlock new island.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322
they say there are at least 12 more quests, so some of them must give us acess to new island. I decided to play when full translated mod comes out, since i have no idea what am i suposed to do with 5 quests i got so far (white untranclated chat from some NPC-s).
As for what to do , @tori2ruke i sugest to w8 full english mod
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Jolly Roger is INSANE for Asmodeus users. Since he gains XP based on damage, raising the critical damage makes it a stupendously good item.

I think I am around level 30, and Asmodeus is now level 45 or so. He is quite beefy now (about time).