Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Default What do you think about the game?

We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Death to Spies. What are you waiting from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

I think it is excellent, it makes you think on how you will execute your mission, not just run in there and shoot. It also has a certain amount of realism which i love!

i will give it a 9.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

It's a fun game to play, the stealth with many weapons and action in the game is superb...
The terrain and vegetation in the game is well done and it feels alive and you feel you are there...

Last edited by 3dartpol; 01-09-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

I've played the demo to death and am currently DL'ing the game from GamersGate. Slow DL for some reason, but from what I've seen in the demo this game will be worth it.

I agree it has that Commando's feel to it but with a much nicer hands on feel.

The only criticisms I have of the game from the demo is that I wish the AI would have a greater sound recognition. Like when a grenade goes off and a guard up the street about 100m doesnt hear a thing. They should at least be "alerted" for a short period of time. The other thing I hope is in the game already, or added at some point would be much more randomized patrols. I can see infantry walking a preset route, but a long stretch of road would probably have a motorcycle or car or group of soldiers marching along it randomly back and forth over a large distance. More so than is currently represented in the demo with those 2 small 3-man patrols that wander up and down a 50m stretch of road. Larger patterns would spice up any road / cross-country travel.
To be fair, I have only played the demo and haven't seen any other missions so I'm probably just rambling about things that are already in the full game.

Regardless, the demo was thouroughly enjoying and I look forward to the full experience.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

great demo, i enjoyed it very much

only complaint..i wish you could choose a first person view! not to mention u would probably sell 3 times more copies if it was first person..
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

A first person option might be a nice touch, but I don't think it's all that important in a single player game. Also, alot of situations require the 3rd person aspect. It gives a greater feeling of "situational awareness" which is vital in this game.
You'd probably attract a larger twitch gaming crowd with a dedicated 1st person view as a sales point though. Doesn't bother me either way.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Excellent demo and on the strength of that I will definately be buying the game.

I don't really have any major problems with the game as it is. The third person view occasionally makes viewing uncomfortable in narrow spaces, when crouched or prone in undergrowth, or inside buildings and that is when you could do with switching to first person.

The AI could be tweaked for a bit more situational awareness. It is too easy to gun down (with a noisy Mg) isolated groups of German guards without their comrades hearing them or reacting at all to the sound of gunfire.

Other than the above this game seems like good fun to play and is reasonably difficult on the Hard settiing.

Thanks
mbv
Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv
Excellent demo and on the strength of that I will definately be buying the game.

I don't really have any major problems with the game as it is. The third person view occasionally makes viewing uncomfortable in narrow spaces, when crouched or prone in undergrowth, or inside buildings and that is when you could do with switching to first person.

The AI could be tweaked for a bit more situational awareness. It is too easy to gun down (with a noisy Mg) isolated groups of German guards without their comrades hearing them or reacting at all to the sound of gunfire.

Other than the above this game seems like good fun to play and is reasonably difficult on the Hard settiing.

Thanks
mbv

what he said
Old 10-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

The next few missions after the first one (demo is first mission of full game) make the situational awareness problems less noticeable. There are so many more enemies/neutrals around in such a condensed way that if you open up on any but the most isolated group, you won't last long.

Just started the 4th mission...sheesh. Talk about traffic jams to get to a toilet. You'll see
Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

I'm at the start of the third mission after taking a day to finish the second mission. On the second mission it took me ages to find a decent silent kill in that town so that I could change clothes. Finding a high ranking clothes change is also difficult right at the end where you need to free the prisoner.

Managed to finish the first mission (demo mission) silently and got the top rank, but that was probably down to a large amount of practice with the demo. On the second mission I mainly used the knife and silenced revolver and carefully took out isolated soldiers and groups so that I could close in on each target. I have no luck garotting or chloroforming anyone who is moving, it only seems to work on static enemy using sneak mode. Stun works occasionally on moving enemy, but is only useful on isolated NPCs or someone nearby will hear you. I'm finding the knife and silenced revolver combo are my most frequently used weapons.

I've had quite a few occasions where I have got stuck to the scenery for a while (walls, chairs, cupboards) but I usually manage to get free after a while.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far