Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Default Key map?

So no key map for the sim?

Be nice to have one for those of us using a hotas like the ch. Bit of a pain to weed through that ini file or alt tab out of the game and scribble stuff down on a note pad.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targ View Post
So no key map for the sim?

Be nice to have one for those of us using a hotas like the ch. Bit of a pain to weed through that ini file or alt tab out of the game and scribble stuff down on a note pad.
From the settings section of the game manual ...

Anthropomorphic Control.
This option limits the amount of things you can do at one time to realistic proportions, usually to no more than two things at once. As a pilot has only two hands, and as most Battle of Britain era planes did not have HOTAS-style controls with important buttons always a flick away, moving the throttle and stick will usually mean having no hands to move a flap lever or vice versa. Another important constraint enabled by this option is what was in previous titles called a Separate Engine Start option. This option is independent of the Complex Engine Management settings. Pilots in real multi-engine aircraft had to start up each engine separately. With Anthropomorphic Control option disabled you will be able to start up all aircraft engines with a single key. Otherwise you will need to individually select and start up each engine in turn.

Last edited by salmo; 03-27-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

That Anthropomorphic option is a very interesting realism option but it doesn't answer his question about a key mapping list.

Is there a key mapping list anywhere that we can use to map the game in our HOTAS software?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

in the controls menu? as far as I can see every single control is listed......not sure what you are after? do you want a printed key map?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Doesn't have to be printed, just PDF or something. Although printing would be good for the guys without a second monitor.

Need something to enter all the keys into joystick software.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

in that case no.....not as far as I know, but I haven't looked in all the game folders, it probably isn't much point to have one as is because not all controls have a default assignment if you know what I mean, there are probably more functions than physical keys possibly, I can't remember the last sim I had with a full list of keys in a printable format.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
I would like a key map PDF or a keyboard map - absolute must for a game like this. Very lazy not to have done one IMO.
The sim is prepared for everybody can set the keys as they want. Even more than 50% of available commands has not default key mapped so is a nonsese to have a pdf map for printing.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
in that case no.....not as far as I know, but I haven't looked in all the game folders, it probably isn't much point to have one as is because not all controls have a default assignment if you know what I mean, there are probably more functions than physical keys possibly, I can't remember the last sim I had with a full list of keys in a printable format.
There aren't more functions than physical key combinations. An A-10 is more complex than a spitfire yet A-10C released with all keys mapped ready to plug into joystick software - in the beta version

I have a rise of flight keyboard layout on my desk, lots of sims have them. Flaming cliffs 2 has a different PDF for every plane in the game folder!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailantd View Post
The sim is prepared for everybody can set the keys as they want. Even more than 50% of available commands has not default key mapped so is a nonsese to have a pdf map for printing.
I wouldn't say it's "prepared", that's ridiculous because sims with default mappings do not prevent users from assigning their own keys. More like it's "NOT prepared" for users who want to use a default mapping.

If half the keys aren't even mapped then I'm pretty much screwed in terms of mapping in joystick software anyway.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
If half the keys aren't even mapped then I'm pretty much screwed in terms of mapping in joystick software anyway.
Why? it seems all you would need to do is assign each function with a key/key combination of your own choice and then use your own assignments in your joystick profiler, yes I guess it will be slightly labour intensive but that's not impossible.