Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Ok, thanks for that. Yes I did read it. I was looking for confirmation. I will try it out then.

Thanks again.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

No prob! Best thing to do, try it offline to see if it is even worth it to you first! And know that I am 99% sure there is no problems here, but who knows what STEAM may do in the future!?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for these tools and presets, although I tried all of these and ingame/nvidia control settings and am still unsatisfied.

What I have noticed is that SMAA (even Buchon's version) adds very, very little over 8xAA in the ingame configuration menu, but noticeably reduces 'lustre' (look at reflections off the sea and enable/disable SMAA).

Moreover, whether I use ingame 2xAA, 8xAA, SMAA, FXAA or override settings in Nvidia control menu as far as 32xAA, I STILL find that its not enough.

All of these settings certainly do reduce aliasing on the edge of most objects, although not completely for the wings of distant planes and badly on thin objects like the radio wires on the 109.

But moreover, I find that with the exception of perhaps FXAA they completely fail to anti-alias properly WITHIN a texture, such as the black crosses on the 109's, rendering them of limited utility at best.

The real problem for me is that these textures, unless anti-aliased, seem to flicker and generally look poor but, moreover, they cause some 'flickering' of distant aircraft which makes them harder to spot.

FXAA DOES help to some degree in this, more so than the others, but it reduces 'lustre' like SMAA and does not anti-alias all that well either.

At this point then it seems to me that settings 8xAA ingame is the best overall option for those who want a similar effect to SMAA without the loss in lustre, and a combination of 8xAA ingame and FXAA injected (and set to as high settings as possible) for those who want the absolute best in smooth lines at some cost to lustre.

Thanks again for these utilities, they are a great help over what I used to run, which was 2xAA (experimentation showed that none of these settings, save 32xAA overriden in the Nvidia control panel, caused framerate issues on my GTX 470), but there's a way yet that could be gone here to reduce jagged lines

Last edited by irR4tiOn4L; 04-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

This works very well for me.. I was using 8X AA and I turned the game AA off and use the MSAA and I saw no FPS drop relatively speaking.. I would suggest it to anyone.
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

I D/L'd and installed JGSME last night.

Works a treat.
I set all my Nvidia (where possible) to application controlled and ran the Bouchon Dx 10 modset. Got a good FPS increase as a result and no problems using this online.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Bump
Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Easy install - I recognize the JSGME utility form Il-2,but the choices are unfamiliar to me-can you give me a clue on what I should be activating with a 32bit Windows 7 install using a new Ge ForceGTX 560 graphics card?
Should I try one at a time & see what looks best? All I really want is better definaition on the edges of wings & insignias ( Luftwaffe crosses etc.) in exterior views - esp in chase views from a medium distance.
Can you give me an idea of what i should try first?
Many thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

I use the version at bottom of list, I believe it would be "injectSMAA by mrhaandi v1.2 for DX-10 - Buchon"

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB video card.

To be honest, I have never had time to play around with any of them....I am like a cattle, I just follow what others say, LOL. Someone said that the Buchon version was a combination of all the rest. If you have any success changing NVidia settings, let me know and I will follow along!
www.iijg53.com
My YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/marmusman

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Just to be clear.

I have set all my Nvidia control panel features to application controlled, now do I set the in-game menu AA to 2x/4x/8x or off?

Cheers, MP
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Just to be clear.

I have set all my Nvidia control panel features to application controlled, now do I set the in-game menu AA to 2x/4x/8x or off?

Anybody?

Thanks,
Sabrefly