Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Language question

G'day All

I picked up COD (collectors edition) when it was first launched and begrudgingly signed up to steam (and their shitty inflexible registration methods) only to find the sim' to be virtually unplayable, so it remained dormant of my hard drive just waiting for the day that it was patched to a point of playability, when the day did come however, sadly in the meantime my teenage son basically hijacked my account and filled it with his stuff.

Long story short I've decided that it will be far simpler for me to pick up another copy and just set up a new account, did I mention that I hate steam.....

But being old school I kind like to have a physical copy, yet sadly these days it appears to be rather hard to come by an English one, so can someone tell me if a German copy has multilingual installations?

Cheers

Old 04-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

1 - No way to install the game without STEAM (end stop).

2 - Even if you get a DVD (that was write with files of an older version of the game ~ early 2011) when install, STEAM delete the files and download a updated version with last official patch (December, 2013).

3 - Thus is not need media (physical or digital) to install the game, just a key code (what you already have) to install the game through the STEAM (modern school).

3 - The game is actually enjoyable if install Team Fusion patch's - over the last official -
TF 3.0, 3.01 - 4.0 - 4.30 - 4.312.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 04-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
1 - No way to install the game without STEAM (end stop).

2 - Even if you get a DVD (that was write with files of an older version of the game ~ early 2011) when install, STEAM delete the files and download a updated version with last official patch (December, 2013).

3 - Thus is not need media (physical or digital) to install the game, just a key code (what you already have) to install the game through the STEAM (modern school).

3 - The game is actually enjoyable if install Team Fusion patch's - over the last official -
TF 3.0, 3.01 - 4.0 - 4.30 - 4.312.

Sokol1
G’day Sokol1

Yes I do realise that you have to have Steam for COD and that the disk media is not really required to re-install, also the fusion mod are why I’m eager to give COD another go.

The issue is that the account that I originally registered my COD key on is in constant use. As you can not have a simultaneous login active on multiple PCs or are able to deregister a key and move it to another account, the results being that this key is fundamentally dead to me, so I am stuck with having to obtain a new key via physical media, because its far cheaper than buying one directly from Steam.

So to clarify my question, will the key from a German copy of DVD allow me to install the COD in English?

By the way did I mention how much I hate Steam, I have had numerous bad experiences with this totally inflexible echo systems.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Probable you are only to install only in German, so needcopy the Maddox.dll from a English
install...

STEAM CloD @ 9,99$ until May,5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "
Old 05-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Probable you are only to install only in German, so needcopy the Maddox.dll from a English
install...

STEAM CloD @ 9,99$ until May,5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/

Sokol1
I've ended up purchasing a german copy and will see how that goes when it arrives. As I already have an english copy I can suck out a .dll if needed.

FYI when you login to steam from Australia, the COD price is US$49.95

But thats quite normal as we quite often get screwed here in Oz when it comes to software, even on digital downloads that should be the same price.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but apparently DVD versions did not have steam DRM, but Solidshield and you don't need Steam to activate or play it (I'm allergic to Steam even more than to Solidshield).
Source:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rmation-Forums

Spudkopf, can you please report whether you could change the language in the game or whether you had Solidshiled or Steam activation from the DVD copy? Some people actually report that when they bought a DVD they actually received just a dvd with steam client installation files and steam key for CloD instead of the game.

I'm in the same boat as you (but not from Oz), don't want to spend much money for a game that maybe won't work (due to everything I've heard of it). Were you also able to change the menu/briefings/etc. language to English?

Thanks!