Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
So as far as I see it the reason why it might be so hard to put tanks out of action in the game might be because the in-game tanks doesn't have complex enough damage-models.
Another thing that isn't modeled is morale.

Tank crews in a buttoned up tank have minimal visibility and not knowing what's outside, or what's coming next, can seriously affect crew morale, especially for less experienced crews.

Likewise, bad stuff happening inside the tank - minor fire, death or injury of a crew member, or mechanical failure - can make a tank crew bail out when the logical thing to do is stay in place.

Ideally, tanks should RTB, just like aircraft, when they suffer damage, when they're low on fuel, when they're out of ammo, or when they suffer crew casualties.

None of the details of systems damage, crew morale, ammo level, fuel level, etc. has to be physically modeled in the game as long as the game engine keeps track of it. Mobility kills make an AFV stop moving. Gun or turret damage, stoppages, or out-of-ammo make it stop shooting. Crew bailouts make the AFV stop moving and shooting.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Another thing that isn't modeled is morale.

Tank crews in a buttoned up tank have minimal visibility and not knowing what's outside, or what's coming next, can seriously affect crew morale, especially for less experienced crews.

Likewise, bad stuff happening inside the tank - minor fire, death or injury of a crew member, or mechanical failure - can make a tank crew bail out when the logical thing to do is stay in place.

Ideally, tanks should RTB, just like aircraft, when they suffer damage, when they're low on fuel, when they're out of ammo, or when they suffer crew casualties.

None of the details of systems damage, crew morale, ammo level, fuel level, etc. has to be physically modeled in the game as long as the game engine keeps track of it. Mobility kills make an AFV stop moving. Gun or turret damage, stoppages, or out-of-ammo make it stop shooting. Crew bailouts make the AFV stop moving and shooting.
Well said! You are absolutely correct!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Armor values, how was the valentine made, it is unkillable from the rear on the back deck as well as the sloped back engine cover by 37mm Ju87G and hs129. I cant kill this thing at all. I looked in my mods install at the armor values and it showed .060 all around the hull and rear deck, if this means 60mm the 37mm gun should penetrate it from above as its suposed to penetrate 120-140mm using AP ammo at 300yds and under. Also the KV1S wont die for me either. Switched to 75mm Hs129 and got some to destroy/burn.