Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
Another bug that needs to be fixed is the ALT bug where the unit move order doesn't change immediately.
Can you please describe this issue with more details? And you also have Steam version?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

I have the boxed version.

When you press ALT on the keyboard, it takes a while for it to display the unit move order while in battle.

Also this might not be a bug, but Evil Beholders (applies to any troop) cannot use their ranged attack if an enemy is standing right in front of them that they can melee. Also, they can't take control of a unit if it isn't their turn to move, or his/her turn has ended.

Suggestion: And I hope they allow dismissing garrisoned units. Also the names of the map locations on the distant travel world map are missing in Crossworlds for AP.

Last edited by Wisely; 09-24-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Ok, I see. Thanks for explanation.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

I have spotted these:

Rune Mages dont receive moral bonus from Royal Griffins Regal ability. (Gives humans confidence of Griffins, increasing their Morale by 1)
Guardian Angel "medal" and Leather dress dont give astral resistance. (Both give resistance to all types of damage)
One time when my Paladin (unit) killed whole stack Furious Goblins, Furious Goblin stack still received haste.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
Also this might not be a bug, but Evil Beholders (applies to any troop) cannot use their ranged attack if an enemy is standing right in front of them that they can melee. Also, they can't take control of a unit if it isn't their turn to move, or his/her turn has ended.
With beholders, that is a standard behavior. It's called blocking - ranged units are blocked by enemy units standing next to them. They have to move out of endangered area or attack the blockers, which is often undesirable, because most ranged units have penalties when going melee.

Taking control works also as intended, because with evil beholders you control only for a specific task (unlike with demonesses and with domination spell), that is you make enemies use their turn to attack some other enemies and, hopefully get retaliation. Note that you can't use special abilities of controlled enemies, and most of them does the thing in the worst way possible, as if they were struggling to overcome the domination. For instance, ranged units don't use ranged attack but go to the target and punch it (if they have not enough speed they will just stand somewhere on the way). This may be because they are blocked by their colleagues, though.

Said that, I've encountered a bug with evil beholders. When fighting Rohum, executioner hero with lots of executioners. Controlled unit had enough speed to move and attack another unit. Instead, it moved one hex, and stood here. It was charmed, like by demoness, had the heart icon with 1 turn. Other executioners took their turns to beat the guy mercilessly, and I was able (in next turn) to sacrifice him (partially) to get more of my own soldiers. When his turn came he lost all points and turned enemy again. Which was normal for one turn charming. But evil beholders can't do that normally.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Some bugs have caught my eye before but never realized (unless it was my imagination). Like unit turns ending automatically, and incorrect status effect length.

Hope this game will be polished soon.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Default Moral Issues By the Tons

Hi i have been playing and only real issue ive had are shit loads of moral gltiches
Basically it someties works sometimes doesnt sometimse certain modifiers dont work then next day they will
Its weird sometimse ill have 2+human morale artifacts equpied then say griffans and then some times the guardsmen will just get the +1 from griffan somedays all 3 then somedays teh 2 only, also ive noticed that say i ahd all those and none were working at all if i move the guardmen to a different slots sometimes different modfiers will come back in the dif slot , but then i move it back and it doesnt work again, and it would happen with multiple human units Example slot 1&4 the morale bonuses are working but slots 2,3,5 arent, I konw theres nothing negating from them im not switching in teh reserves at all just moving the main 5 units around and this happens , i have a felling that i may think that theres an orc still in that slot if i moved a human there after i just had a orc there and it locks that value into the moral code, so then thats why that slot wont work for morale but then the other ones will cause there was a human there at the slot, so yah i think somethings locking up the Race value in the code but im no big programmers so hopefully u guys figure this one out its getting very agrivation supposed to be having +3 morale on all my troops and not getting anything, IF you have any questions email me at dopeydave@live.com im have a high tech knowledge and some webspace if u ened me to post any debugg file or dx diags.'

Btw it happens with many artifacts not just a couple, and many other bonuses from units, like the guardmand commander one doing same thing sometimes, the Royal griffan with the guardsman bowsmen is nteh only one ive had the least amount of problems with for some reason that one will still show when the artifact ones dissapear, but its still does come and come just not nearly as often as all the others , a cpl artifacts i treid were the royal dress i think the one that upgrades to princess dress and then the Portrait taht u start the game with.

UPDATE
I think it may have something to do with the droids nows that looking at it more since they have the no morale attribute, but i did notice that i think it may just be only the artifact bonuses not working when this happens not the unit morale boosts.

And the fools hat (+1 Morale to all units in army) is not working for anyone except humans, well at least not working for royal griffans, engineers (all i tested so far , worked with guardmen, inquistors tho)

Last edited by dopeydave; 09-23-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Oh and to not if i restart the game completeley, "exit to windows reopen load game" it will fix it again temporarily i i think its something with moving units around in army but i dont know, Also u cant just exit to menu and reload u gotta exit game out completley.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

Default Bug with assassins

So the new assassin skill which increases dmg when they kill with backstab or crit shows up fine, but when the list gets too long in terms of units, the game crashes out whenever you run over it to check what you get units you have bonus to, the game crashes out completely. This is the steam version.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgui424 View Post
So the new assassin skill which increases dmg when they kill with backstab or crit shows up fine, but when the list gets too long in terms of units, the game crashes out whenever you run over it to check what you get units you have bonus to, the game crashes out completely. This is the steam version.
This bug is fixed in the latest hotfix. It should be already available for Steam users.