Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN

NecroVisioN First-person shooter. The year is 1916. Young private fights enemy soldiers, vampires and demons on the battlefields of World War I and underground.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Just beat the last Boss, took allot of hits to kill him. Didn't use any strategy though, just spammed him with every weapon/ammo I had.

12 chapters in all. If anyone wondered
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

I just beat it tonight. Great game and very challenging I must say. A lot of action through out and it was great fun. Now I have to just go back and find the collectables and such.

There is one problem though that I have... when I go to the challenge room after I beat it I look at my finished chapters list and chapters 7 - 10 are missing while 1 - 6, 11 and 12 are there. Shouldn't show it sow up since I beat those levels?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by contra View Post
I just beat it tonight. Great game and very challenging I must say. A lot of action through out and it was great fun. Now I have to just go back and find the collectables and such.

There is one problem though that I have... when I go to the challenge room after I beat it I look at my finished chapters list and chapters 7 - 10 are missing while 1 - 6, 11 and 12 are there. Shouldn't show it sow up since I beat those levels?
gratz on completing the game, glad you liked it
Thats strange.. all chapters should be there, if you completed the game..
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

i am only on the third chapter but i must say i really like it. i think when the official reviews, by gamespot come out for example it will be put down for its absurdly silly story line, dialog, and the comments the character makes among other things, but the combat is great and that is whats important since its obviously the focus of the game. Great weapons, and i love the ability to dual wield different items with a pistol. Great visuals, gore/effects makes for an overall unsettling/creepy atmosphere which really complements the nature of the game. For an FPS, i think it is a very entertaining game and i look forward to finishing it!

another aspect of the game that really caught me by surprise is some of the ways you can interact with the environment. The solutions of issues are extremely common sense, but they manifest themselves in a way that it does NOT seem obvious in the game at all. For example, on the second chapter in the secret room in the hospital, i threw a grenade up onto the ledge toward the vampire collectable just out of curiosity and to my surprise the rope fell down, and i was then able to climb up and grab not only the fury increase, but a machine gun hahaa. When that happened it just blew my mind. There was no clue in the game that that rope could be severed and climbed(not flashing or glowing like in some games), you just had to use common sense and apply it to the situation at hand. Same goes for some of the blockaded doors that reveal secret rooms. You just have to use common sense and think that your guns/grenades can clear the wooden boards blocking it, although i was doubtful considering most games when presenting a similar situation would make it far more obvious that it could be destroyed, if it was possible in the game.

anyways, great game.

Last edited by myrrh; 03-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel View Post
gratz on completing the game, glad you liked it
Thats strange.. all chapters should be there, if you completed the game..
I actually found out why that happend.

After I beat the game I loaded a previous autosave game to look for more artifacts and then when I finished, it basicially over wrote my finished game save with the current save game that I loaded.

So in other words I should have just used the challenge mode replay level mode instead of the auto saves to back track for secret levels and artiafcts.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Have almost finished it but here's my humble opinion

story: 5/10
Nazis gone bad? again? zombies? vampires? dragons? I'm an American? really?

combat: 8/10
Pretty solid but very tough at times, opponents who don't die unless you headshot them, even if they're perfectly human they crawl right back up!
Lots of stuff to fight with here:
plenty of weapons, dare I say too much
MIGHTY FOOT, oh how I missed thee!
headshots/sniper, woo!
gibbing!
shooting/slicing limbs off!
awesome slowmo effect if you're nearly dead!
bullettime!
Shadowhand/melee weapon makes for interesting combo's.
Love punching zombies into oblivion!
No bunnyhopping, missed chance I'd say, we have vampires and dragons, so bhopping would not have looked _that_ strange.
Launchpads (like the ones in the challenge with the 3 giants) work rather crappy, I bounce all over the place or go straight up, what's up with that?
Puzzles are okay, blow this up, use this rope, find this key, nothing too revolutionary but fun.

graphics: 8/10
German soldiers look generic and blocky, vampires and undead hordes are way better!
Surroundings look good, nice settings although they appear generic and copy pasted at times.
Mirror and blur effects are rather overdone but look good.
Is quite heavy on my 8800gts 320mb, 4gb RAM and 3,2ghz ic2d 6750 CPU. can't run it on max with 1280x1024 or it starts artifacting.

sound: 7/10
Good music and gun sounds.
Utterly TERRIBLE voice acting, sounds very cheesy at most if not all times.
Reading of the paper's text during map loading annoys the crap out of me.

AI: 6/10
Foes don't do more than attacking or camping.
I've seen foes been standing there staring in the distance or walking into objects.
Love the screaming zombies and vampire lizard things, give me the creeps xD

Conclusion: 7/10
Overall feels like a tough mix of painkiller/serious sam/wolfenstein, minus the bhopping and far smoother gameplay.
Plenty of singleplayer content, cutscenes and story. (although cheesy and generic at times)
Can't wait to try out the MP.

Things that need to be done imho:
-add bhopping!
-engine streamlining, looks awesome but is rather heavy on the 'puter (crysis anyone?)
-remove the sound during map loading or make it optional
-fix the launchpads

Last edited by zaggynl; 03-15-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Tseki

Simply I just love the game =) It has good old spirit from older fps games like Doom etc.

9,8/10 !
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

What could I say about game? It's look like it was relased about three years ago. Didn't fit to "our times". Very easy, even on max level of difficuilty, bad dubbing (actors who give voices did this totally without emotion), graphics is pretty, but I cant say that is stunning. Just pretty. Monsters arent scarry, their are funny on beginning, after one ours I want to cry for them, bevause they are stupid, not realistic... ech... like I said, this game could be good about 3 years ago. Now I know that this was bad Idea to buy it.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

I just finished the game, and it kicked so much ass. It's the most fun game I've played in a while, and my favorite one so far this year.

I'll be playing Cryostasis next since I bought them both together
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Well, I've not finished the game, but here is my opinion :

Story/background :

It rocks. Games speaking about the ww1 are rare, and the mix with hell is simply awesome. But an American hero is a bad choice imho, not very original.
8/10

Combat/gameplay :

Lots of weapon, an incredible combo system, a gameplay with two one-handed weapon, a fast paced fps (but sad for the bunny hop), just what I expected.
9/10

Graphics/technical aspects :

Good graphics, but a little too blury. Love the ambiant. Some framerate problems in some levels. About the loadings, they're a little too longer.
7/10

Sound :

Good sounds, nothing to say about that. BUT...but the voices are....specials
7/10

AI :

Don't mind. It's not Armed Assault or Swat 4, I don't care about that. Just some problems with the pathfinding imho.

Lasting Appeal :

Multiplayer seems to be not interesting, sad, painkiller was awesome in MP. Solo (campaign+challenges), in hard mode, seems to be long. I didn't finished it, but I'm pretty sure NecrovisioN is longer than actual fps. I paid the game 23€, so I'm satisfied.
8/10

Modability :

It's rare nowadays.
10/10

Conclusion :

Like zaggynl said(sorry, i've paste your sentence), the game feels like a tough mix of painkiller/serious sam/wolfenstein, minus the bhopping and far smoother gameplay. Sad for these two last points, but i'm overally satisfied.
Just what I expected. My favourite game since F.E.A.R. Sad that just a few people are interested by it. I really hope that the game will be Profitable for you.
9/10

Things that need to be done :

Add bunny hopping (please )

Last edited by Kr3v; 03-31-2009 at 10:22 AM.