Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Hi All,

Just saw the udated post on the New Radio Navigational Aids and what can i say! i am over the moon, this is precisley the sort of improvement that appeals to me. I posted earlier with a very extensive list of electronic aids i would love to see in a perfect world in a sim.

I was wondering if there are any plans in the future to implement the AI German radar sets, that were being talked about, now that improvements are being made in this direction? also as icing on the cake

Would really love to see an allied AI set

Some kind of blind bombing Aid (Oboe, H2s, Knickbein)

Some form of countermeasures (Window, Mandrel)

Thanks again all for your continued hard work and improvements to IL2 and looking forward to the release of the next patch

regards

slipper
Old 01-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Thanks

That's awesome!!

I'm happy with it!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Default why not wait

Greetings from a flyer. I have a question Why so fast on this patch? 4.09 was only just released a few months ago. Half the IL2 folks still dont have it yet. And I see that it's a very small patch why not wait and include it into the 4.11? I do like the work your doing but this release just seems to be a wasted release... Although If your team included a new map like lets say the Lae and Salamua area of New Guinea that would make it much more worthy of an early release Please dont kill me...
Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's_Angel_50 View Post
Greetings from a flyer. I have a question Why so fast on this patch? 4.09 was only just released a few months ago. Half the IL2 folks still dont have it yet. And I see that it's a very small patch why not wait and include it into the 4.11? I do like the work your doing but this release just seems to be a wasted release... Although If your team included a new map like lets say the Lae and Salamua area of New Guinea that would make it much more worthy of an early release Please dont kill me...
How can you say that? You've just seen part of the material to be released. Furthermore, you are judging the quality of the material only by the (presumed) amount of hard drive space required.

Please, consider that things like FMB enhancements and more realism options like radio navigation are worth a patch... even if is 1 Kb in size.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's_Angel_50 View Post
Greetings from a flyer. I have a question Why so fast on this patch? 4.09 was only just released a few months ago.
This is not fast, we only announced patch and posted two updates, patch will not be released before April and that would be ~half year after 4.09.
Quote:
Half the IL2 folks still dont have it yet.
Not something we should worry about, we are working for the people who downloaded 4.09.
Quote:
And I see that it's a very small patch why not wait and include it into the 4.11? I do like the work your doing but this release just seems to be a wasted release...
How do you know that patch is small after you saw just two updates There will be maybe 10 updates before 4.10 is released, we can't show everything at once.

Quote:
Please dont kill me...
Why should we,we know that we can't please everyone.

FC
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

I am for one very excited about the R-5 and the I-15bis. These planes make early war, and preWW2 (Spanish Civil war, Khalkhin Gol, Winter war) scenarios so much more exciting and realistic. Especially since after the big losses of initial Barbarossa, half of the planes of many air units were R-5s, and it was the R-5, rather than the Il-2 that was used for ground attack. Do I see it right that you guys included the R-5sh Sturmovik version? Any plans to make it flyable in one of the follow up patches? Thanks for the excellent work, keep it up!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

4.10 looks real good, and I applaud the good intention of DT to implement more realistic navigation. Hopefully, you guys are going to be able to address some of the remaining navigation-related issues. Here are the ones I consider to be the most important.

- please add the option to leave the waypoints and plotted courses in the map without the little "GPS" plane when flying full real. Ability to edit the map before flight or during the flight (to add comments such as times, observed points of interest or targets, and altitudes between waypoints) would be most welcome too.

- please add airfield data to the maps (name, primary runway direction and elevation would be sufficient, at least for the larger, more permanent airfields).

- in radio calls, clearance should be asked for and given for a particular runway. Now, especially online, everybody's landing haphazardly wherever. I understand that adding this to the voice calls would require a lot of work, but to add it in text shouldn't be such a problem. An option to ask for the runway in use and basic weather info for the field would be good too.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PE_Tigar View Post
4.10 looks real good, and I applaud the good intention of DT to implement more realistic navigation. Hopefully, you guys are going to be able to address some of the remaining navigation-related issues. Here are the ones I consider to be the most important.

- please add the option to leave the waypoints and plotted courses in the map without the little "GPS" plane when flying full real. Ability to edit the map before flight or during the flight (to add comments such as times, observed points of interest or targets, and altitudes between waypoints) would be most welcome too.

- please add airfield data to the maps (name, primary runway direction and elevation would be sufficient, at least for the larger, more permanent airfields).

- in radio calls, clearance should be asked for and given for a particular runway. Now, especially online, everybody's landing haphazardly wherever. I understand that adding this to the voice calls would require a lot of work, but to add it in text shouldn't be such a problem. An option to ask for the runway in use and basic weather info for the field would be good too.
-Yes, a more detailed map would be great, larger size with airfield data and navigational beacon location I think will be necessary for flying manually now
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

about the Navigation aids: Daidalos Team: you are stars and sun on heaven, all put together in my virtual and real sky.
a sincere thanks to all of you:S!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

This sim will take a quantum leap forward with navigational tools.

How many times have we all missed a waypoint and had to turn on the mini-map and fly back precisely over the center of the stupid waypoint in order to properly fly a mission?

Waypoints are fine for AI, because the AI needs routing. The player doesn't need waypoints. Player needs navigational tools that make sense... like those we are getting in 4.10.

I don't care, if they are perfected on initial release as long as TD is around to make them right in following patches.

Newbs don't get it. What would the saltier IL2'rs have done to have navigational tools 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 or less years ago. Pinch yourself, because it looks like the TD is doing the things mentioned "for real".

I'm glad to get all that is coming our way from TD. I know that Oleg is monitoring progress from TD. Alot of what is coming our way from TD, I strongly suspect we will have in BOB SOW.

Now that is a bright thought isn't it?
Closed Thread