Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Default Forum Questions

I am new to the game with a fresh new copy of KBAP. After restarting playing the game a few times as I learned better skills to pick and etc, I have actively been reading the forums off and on for about 4 days to help me play this awesome game with better strategies.

However reading the forums has raised a few questions that my digging in the game and on here can't answer. Staying with the top two main questions I have, here goes.

1. Posts have referred to companions and about them "controlling their own" and "wearing amour" and some references to what companions are better than others. My question is: The guy I picked up that saved his girlfriend from the sharks and has scars (can't remember name), can I use him in battles as well? If so how??

2. Posts referring to "holding stack of *whatever* as a reserve unit" then "drop those in as needed". Ok best I understand that is I can "hold" say a stack of thorns back, as in not on the battle grid, then at my discretion, can drop them onto a already commited engagement if I feel that I need them?

I have a few other minor questions but those are the two biggest ones that keep bugging me cause it would help me win a few battles that I keep losing and for now am avoiding. Thanks to any that can answer.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

1. Companions can be seen in the screen where you equip items. Each can hold up to four items, and provide other benefits unique to the specific companion. For instance, once you heal his scars, Jimmy Kraud increases your leadership by 700.

Companions are not units and will not be seen on the battlefield.

2. I believe you're referring to reserve slots. You have five army slots for battle, and two reserve slots. Troops in the reserve slots do not participate in battles. You can swap out troops between your army and your reserve slots prior to battle, but once in a fight, you only have those troops in your army slots.

The primary purpose of reserve slots is to give you a bit of flexibility in which troops go into which fights. For example, if you have royal thorns, you may want to put them in reserve if going into a fight against imps, which throw around fireballs.

Another use is to tweak the strength of your army, as your pet's experience is dependent on the relative strength of your army vs. the enemy's. The stronger the enemy is relative to you, the more experience your dragon gains for using various abilities. Say I have four red dragons. For a weaker fight, I may take in only one, putting the other three in reserve. For a strong fight, I may use all four.

Don't get too discouraged. Pretty much everyone struggled with their first game, as some strategies are not obvious and require some experimentation. Once you develop the tactics that work for you, things will get much easier (one tip: you're almost always better off with a few higher-level units than lots of weak units).
Old 06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

And remember. This is one of the best games ever made