Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Mods

Mods Mods for RNR

Old 10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleDrajor View Post
Well, bad news. It's not easy to understand but I'll try to explain.

As some of you already know, I wanted to create a Winter-Modification. But of course it's not that easy like in the Euro Truck Simulator when I created the ETS-Winter-Mod (I already knew that but even though I just wanted to try it out.).
The problem is, that not the whole map can be covered with snow, it wouldn't be realistic. But some textures are used in different parts of the map.
Snow covered elements would appear in desert landscapes and normal elements without snow would appear in snowy landscapes.

So the project is stopped, I'm sorry.
Maybe it's better to leave the virtual California warm and sunny.
Thanks for the updated news. It was a nice effort on your part though. I was kind of curious how it would turn out. Maybe you'll come up with some more interesting ideas.

UPDATE QUESTION:

I would like to see a Mod for night cabin views where you can light up the interior cabin lights. Such as over-head lights, and the sleeper lights. Just to add a little something extra. It's not really important, but would look cool.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-09-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

Default Barriers

Greetings all,

Just wondering if anyone out here knows if and when they will remove the barriers from the other roads and freeways anytime soon?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
Greetings all,
Just wondering if anyone out here knows if and when they will remove the barriers from the other roads and freeways anytime soon?
personally, i want to try work on that. but first you have to remove the game model barriers, the code making them block you, and then allowing the AI to drive on the opened roads. the guys at the russian rig'n'roll site might be trying but im not sure.

also, the guys on the russian website are working on a snow mod, and its coming nicely. they say there gonna be a bit of snow in the desert but unlikely

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

I would be happy if these ugly barriers only would be removed. They destroy the game environment. Every second street has this barrier. I wouldn't have to drive through it but I don't want to see it anymore.

Maybe there already exists a simple solution. If yes, please tell me.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleDrajor View Post
I would be happy if these ugly barriers only would be removed. They destroy the game environment. Every second street has this barrier. I wouldn't have to drive through it but I don't want to see it anymore.

Maybe there already exists a simple solution. If yes, please tell me.
i want to try remove the barriers altogether, but first, i need to find out how. maybe simply deleting them from the game files or something? i ll try research some more. also, i found out how to make a custom radio station:

go to

my documents/ My games/Rig'n'roll eng/ go to any profile/ copy paste the music files/ pick that profile in Game.

(note files must be MP3)

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibble View Post
i want to try remove the barriers altogether, but first, i need to find out how. maybe simply deleting them from the game files or something? i ll try research some more. ...
Hi Kibble,

normaly, the Barriers are part of scripts, that have duty to show them on right positions.
Two options:
1. Read out all scripts and remove that order, that is responsible to barriers (that can take time until you get 98 years old )
2. replace the barrier meshes with others, let's say they are invisible and have no collision model.

That's only the theoretical part. I can't tell where you will find the barrier meshes, nor where you find the code to correct the behavior Car vs. Barrier.
I'm sorry to be not more help.

But I hope this boosts your ideas a bit
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Getting rid of the barriers will never work anyway. It's been tried before with poor results.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Hey,
Can someone tell me where are the gauges (RPM, MPH, Fuel) located?

Se7en
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Question Truck mods crash the game. HELP!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I was a trucker 'til I got hurt in '99. I REALLY miss being on the road! This is the first descent truck driving game I've found for ANY platform in 10 years. It's cool seeing familiar sights. Even some of the curves, tunnels and bridges seem familiar.

Using wdbTexture.exe I modded a truck to look like that one I drove. When I used the modded paint job it worked great at first. I went into a warehouse to get a load and as I drove out the game CTD'd (Crashed to desktop). When I tried to reopen the game it showed the splash the CTD'd again.

Once I deleted that wdb file and put the original back it worked fine. There are a LOT of people talking about using mods and I would really love to use mine. Is there something I need to do to make it work??

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7 X980 3.33GHz
12GB Ram
Radeon HD 5870
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Default Files

Is there an way to open SPSV files in save data or modifing data in the game ?