Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Playing Space Rangers 2 in widescreen resolution?

Hi I need help!

Just installed SR2 which I bought from Impulse but after running the game, I realised that the game can only be set at either 800x600 or 1024x768. Both of which will not fill up my monitor screen and have these ugly and distracting black borders at the sides of the screen.

I'm using a gtx 260 with a LG Flatron W1943S with a native resolution of 1360x768. Is there any way to increase the game resolution or at least, make it fill up my monitor screen wholly?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agtmorbidas View Post
Hi I need help!

Just installed SR2 which I bought from Impulse but after running the game, I realised that the game can only be set at either 800x600 or 1024x768. Both of which will not fill up my monitor screen and have these ugly and distracting black borders at the sides of the screen.

I'm using a gtx 260 with a LG Flatron W1943S with a native resolution of 1360x768. Is there any way to increase the game resolution or at least, make it fill up my monitor screen wholly?

Thanks in advance!
Contact our support team with this issue (support@1cpublishing.eu)
Old 09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

I tried that since I had a similar issue; support said widescreen is not supported; I should mention for the other poster - most wide screen monitors (and tvs) (mine does) have an option to stretch the image to fill the entire screen. I *think* some adapters have the ability to do similar. Usually it is obvious but sometimes they have it under werid names like 1:1 dot pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Contact our support team with this issue (support@1cpublishing.eu)
Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

If you are just looking to fill the screen, and aren't picky about aspect ratio, you can go to the nVidia Control panel, and select the "Adjust desktop size and position" menu, and change the option to either "Use nVidia scaling" or "Use my display's built in scaling".

These should fill your display. However, they won't preserve your aspect ratio, so expect everything to be more than a bit stretched. I'm invariably thrying to figure out how to get it to stop stretching the desktop, myself.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

To stop stretching you dont' turn on adapter scalar and you set your tv (or monitor) to either 4:3 or pixel mapping 1:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
If you are just looking to fill the screen, and aren't picky about aspect ratio, you can go to the nVidia Control panel, and select the "Adjust desktop size and position" menu, and change the option to either "Use nVidia scaling" or "Use my display's built in scaling".

These should fill your display. However, they won't preserve your aspect ratio, so expect everything to be more than a bit stretched. I'm invariably thrying to figure out how to get it to stop stretching the desktop, myself.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
To stop stretching you dont' turn on adapter scalar and you set your tv (or monitor) to either 4:3 or pixel mapping 1:1
One of the joyful little issues of the GeForce 8800 series is, in order to accommodate DRM in XP, they have to force overscan correction off in XP. You can enable it by running a macro you can get from nVidia, but it requires a reboot. It also doesn't stick through a sleep cycle, and any time you run any DRM controlled content, it resets everything back to overscan correction off.

Well then, let him go.
But he won't let me let him go!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

ahem:

space rangers 2 in 1920x1200

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7...2shot1200p.jpg

I dunno if people would like to pay to get this fix. PM if you want it

Last edited by Mendeli; 01-17-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Bit confused; are you going to tell us how to resolve this issue (play space ranger in wide screen) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendeli View Post
ahem:

space rangers 2 in 1920x1200

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7...2shot1200p.jpg

I dunno if people would like to pay to get this fix. PM if you want it
Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

you can play the rts mode in 1920. to do that go to the cfg file in the install folder. halfway down you will see the robot values, and look for robotresolution and change it to RobotResolution=1920,1080. you can't do anything for space or the menus since those parts are sprite based, and the rts mode is in 3d. enjoy
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Thanks! I should note that after a lot of searching I found a patch that was said to make the russian version work in WS mode (all aspect of the game). However, there was another thread that hinted that it did not work on the english version so rather than risk a virus I decided to not try the patch. The threads were in russian (used google to translate) so not 100% sure on accuracy. Appears the game is very popular in (even today) in Russia. Also I saw hint of a space rangers 3 in progress. It sounded like the company folded after space ranger 2 because parts wanted to do multiplayer and other parts wanted to do single player version 3. The new company (which wanted to do single player games) then made KBL and KBAP and now it is rumored they are working on a space range 3 (single player) under a new product name since the old company owns the old product name. Caveat this is all translation of russian forums with google so it is possible i misunderstood or the translator was confused.
-
Anyways it does sound like for russian players there is a fan made patch for WS out there that probably does not work on the engilsh version.
--
Actually now my hopes are dashed. Reading the developer website forum (again using google to translate) it sounds like they are working on an unannounced multi-player game of some sort to be announced in the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephun View Post
you can play the rts mode in 1920. to do that go to the cfg file in the install folder. halfway down you will see the robot values, and look for robotresolution and change it to RobotResolution=1920,1080. you can't do anything for space or the menus since those parts are sprite based, and the rts mode is in 3d. enjoy

Last edited by jake21; 05-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.