Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz1971 View Post
best thing to do is not get into a turning war with them fly low to the ground it will b harder to spot you get some distance and then get some alltitude line up and come in for another attack
seems to work best for me
have a look at this pdf file has loads of great facts and tips for air combat thanks for house md for pointing me in the right direction

http://web.comhem.se/~u85627360/inpursuit.pdf
Arcade is almost all turn war because of the lock-on mechanic lack of spin and the tank-like armour.

I wish they'd take the lock-on away from Realistic mode.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
* Controls remapping (custom layout).
* Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score; crash (or bailout) soon (one minute) after signifficant damage will score to shooter; crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter.
* Brakes with flightstick fix.
* (For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.
* More effective flak.
* Blackouts and redouts on realistic/simulation back again.

^^ they are in the list ^^ last item (he added them 2 hours after the list came out)
This has made me very happy xD almost as happy as the day i got that chewbacca pog in a pack of walkers crisps.

and that was a very happy day...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

thx guys, i think that was largely my problem too.
mostly fly the spit, but left elevator setting as it was to keep the p51 in the air...about half way....now noticed the spit can go way higher than that without stalling.
isnt there a point at which its better to have a lower max but will allow to use more rudder without stalling?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudger1964 View Post
thx guys, i think that was largely my problem too.
mostly fly the spit, but left elevator setting as it was to keep the p51 in the air...about half way....now noticed the spit can go way higher than that without stalling.
isnt there a point at which its better to have a lower max but will allow to use more rudder without stalling?
I think that would be different for all planes. For now, leave sensitivity at max if playing arcade. Reduce it if flying fw190/p51 in realistic or sim.

I'm willing to bet this is the reason Akuma is getting out turned too.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
Arcade is almost all turn war because of the lock-on mechanic lack of spin and the tank-like armour.

I wish they'd take the lock-on away from Realistic mode.
thats why i play realistic not arcade
Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychickens View Post
I think that would be different for all planes. For now, leave sensitivity at max if playing arcade. Reduce it if flying fw190/p51 in realistic or sim.

I'm willing to bet this is the reason Akuma is getting out turned too.
Allot of the turn issue is energy, or lack of it.

The way I would normally approach a turning battle is to pass the opponent, bank and reduce throttle to about 70% and apply rudder to tighten up the turn. Then at the apex of the turn, apply throttle back to 100% and maybe even a quick blip of WEP to get the airspeed up.

Hopefully that will bring me to at least a nose to nose with the opponent and then its a case of who can put the pickle on the target first.

But it seems that other players have a better way of doing it because as I draw what I think should be level, the other player is already raking me with gunfire.

I know some planes turn better than others, but when its two planes of equal type then I must be doing something wrong, so tips would be helpful.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

really i would have hoped sensativity was all about the controller dead zones rather than the actual aircraft surfaces...wouldnt it be right for those to be pre-set for each play mode?
i dont ever play arcade mostly because i dont want to mess about with the settings each time i switch modes