Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Default We're on our way!

Right, started on the campaign last night and loving it. Decided to bypass Arcade and get stuck straight into Realistic as I thought Arcade might teach me some bad habits that I'll then just have to unlearn later.

Is that a good idea?

Hopefully by the weekend I'll be in a fit state to take some first tentative steps online. Look out for Agent7ig7ag on PSN.

Tally ho, pip pip and chocks away!

Peace
ZZ
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Indeed, yes, I think that is a good idea.

In arcade mode people get so used to the fast accelerations, basically no stalls or spins, etc, and when they move onto realistic or play realistic online they can have a lot of trouble getting used to it. Smart move.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

that is a good idea. i have found more games, with more players, and more fun in the real arena than elsewhere. dont be afraid to switch to arcade if a mission kicks you butt. there are several that in real are real SOBs. and certain planes are down right pigs in real...especially the 51 in battle of the bulge. i went back am trying to complete as many in real as i can for the practice ( when the server craps itself or no one is online ). try some sim games too...half the battle is finding the target!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

That sounds like a good idea and makes a lot of sense.

I fancy playing through the campaign again on realistic sometime.

At the minute it's pretty quiet online on PS3 with red dead leaching players away so I am jumping between realistic and arcade games. Every damn time I forget to change settings for 5 minutes of the match.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

If you get stumped on a particular mission on Realistic, try it on Simulator before you drop back to Arcade. Some of them are actually easier on Sim than Realistic, as the number of enemies you have to down drops dramatically. The only thing that's really any harder is spotting the bogeys.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Its a great Idea to start off with realistic. On the 360 I did the game in sim and loved it, even though it was damned hard to spot the bogeys. Will do it again on the PS3, Once I get my new stick

Will add ya on PSN to my friends list
Old 05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Ah, should I get a flight stick?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Had the AV8R for the 360, which was good. Now I have the PS3 I am selling my old stuff and gonna buy the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas. A stick helps with controls, especially with realistic and sim difficulty
Old 05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

I have a Hotas for PS3 and it is excellent for realism but in multiplayer you will have a disadvantage in arcade and relistic modes to players with pads. This is becase you can throw the plane round a lot quicker with a pad.
Its great fun using a stick though. If you are in the UK the Hotas is only 24.99 at Argos
Old 05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I have a Hotas for PS3 and it is excellent for realism but in multiplayer you will have a disadvantage in arcade and relistic modes to players with pads. This is becase you can throw the plane round a lot quicker with a pad.
Its great fun using a stick though. If you are in the UK the Hotas is only 24.99 at Argos
I love spending more on Accessories for a game than i spent on the actual game. I bought a headset for MW2 that cost £70 when the game cost me £45.

I bought a fight stick for SSFVI that cost £50 having only spent £24.99 on the game.

Love it.